Sign in to follow this  
waywardgm

Wayward Stars (OOC)

Greetings one and all, and welcome to (yet another) Star Wars PBP Roleplaying game. My name is WaywardGM and I will be your GM (surprise, surprise!) in this saga of Star Wars legends. To give some background - I have been a GM for almost a decade, with various game systems under my belt, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. What I love most about it is being able to realize the potential for storytelling, and watch as people take brand new characters and fashion them into heroes or villains that span years; both in game and in life. I have a deep love of the Star Wars universe, and appreciate how many people feel the same - obviously you do too, or you wouldn't be here and reading this!

What I am hoping to do here is really nail a PBP story, engaging with you all to build a world that has your characters as the centerpiece - a galaxy of adventure that you can dive into and get lost in, motivated by what you want to see and do, along with some of the stuff I have cooked up along the way. The advantage of play by post is the way you can really get into writing something collaborative, i.e. you and your group work together to flesh out the world and story as much as the GM does. I look forward to seeing what people bring to the table (as we definitely have one in the middle of all of us, floating somewhere on the web). 

The background for this story is thus:

Set in 15BBY, the Empire is tightening its grip on the galaxy as the new order brings star systems to heel. From the ruins of worlds wracked by the Clone Wars to the gleaming jewels of capital planets, the Emperor's greed and power seem limitless, as he and the endless military might under his rule conquer each sector without relent. The Jedi are all but destroyed, their order already assigned to myth and whisper. The Clones, once the premier force for the Republic, are starting to be dismantled and discontinued. Crime cartels are on the rise, exploiting the growing dread in the galaxy to reap profits from terrified people. The fledgling Rebellion, not yet realized as a force of its own, seeks ways to stymy the tyrannical oppression the Empire brings. And all through the stars, wanderers and opportunists seek fame and fortune in a galaxy ripe with adventures! You are one of these people - living in a time of great change, upheaval and fear. You can seize the chance to further your own goals and gain power, money and influence, or to help others and become a hero to the masses, to show them that someone can stand up to the Empire. You have the chance to carve out a legacy, a name, a legend, for yourself; to become a shining beacon that stands out against the blackness of space, or a malevolent force that darkens it further. Welcome to Wayward Stars!

More information will follow, but first we need to meet our cast!

From here, I will be taking applications for characters, and we can work together to start you off on a journey - one that all the characters will tie in with! There are no strict qualifications for who or what you can be, as long as you follow the RAW laid down in the FFG books, of course. While I know we are on the FaD board, I also hope to see a couple of people not being Order 66 survivors, though if all we get is ex/Jedi submissions, that'll be that. I am looking for a group of 5, but may be open to more if there are some stunning character concepts. I will also be looking for correct grammar and punctuation in posts, this is very important! Obviously if your character speaks with a certain accent, aspect, twang or something along those lines, it needs to be reflected in the dialogue as well! The more description, the better! No one simply stands and says words - they have facial movements, their hands can be wringing, or clasped, or put in pockets. They can shift their weight from one leg to another. They can glance around nervously or gaze with confidence! These are the hallmarks of PBP that I hope to see you guys doing; really bringing the characters to life so that the many, MANY other people that browse this board get excited when they see updates to the In Character thread. 

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at: waywardstarsfad@gmail.com

Update -

Knight Level Play is in effect. If you have any questions about what this means, let me know. It seems most of you are well aware, however. 

Obligation and Morality will be in effect for everyone. Please build towards one 5 Point Obligation and one 10 Point at most (this should still allow for the bonuses at starting but not cause crazy things to happen all the time). I will be very keen to use these to throw curve balls at your characters in sessions. Morality will be tracked for everyone, but the strict rules around it will only be there for Force Sensitives (as in the generating of Light and Dark Side points, stat changes, needing to flip Destiny Points to use things and so on). 

Duty will not yet come into play, but may in future.

Update -

Completed character concepts:

Group A -

Kymrel as Ramani Fenn, a Balosar Smuggler gifted with a silver tongue and an addiction to death sticks!

The Shy Ion as Eya, a Human escapee of a brutal Inquisitor training program! 
Weedles and Fries as D-MB2 (Embeetoo), a B2 Battle Droid refurbished as a medic, who is more in touch with his past than he lets on. 
primusnine as CR-0216 "Crow", an embittered Clone Trooper who can't quite retire fully into civilian life. 
Jedi Ronin as Torin Dol, a Kel Dor Consular who cares deeply for the wellbeing of others. 

Group B -

More to follow...

Update -

We will be using the Orokos Dice Roller  as our means of tracking things. Please familiarize yourself with it if you don't already know how to use it, and feel free to ask any questions around it! If I can get my head around it in ten minutes, you'll all be able to do it in two!

Update -

We have a full group of five for Group A now. I will be adding a new topic to the Force and Destiny Board entitled Wayward Stars - Group A in the next 24 to 48 hours. Please keep all in character AND out of character posts to that topic. Use quoting or change text colour to denote out of character, as it will prevent the FaD board from getting cluttered and also save me bouncing between posts. One sort of rule we will be adhering to is post time limit. I know life gets crazy and we all have responsibilities, but if you don't think you can post for more than a full 24 hour period please let me know in advance - it stops poor characters being relgated to watching things happen or not getting a say in matters as I can cheekily mention them in things even when you're not able to fully play it out. 

Edited by waywardgm

I'd be interested in playing! Standard starting level, or Knight level? (I ask because both the PbPs I'm currently participating in went with Knight level, and I'm not sure if that's the usual for PbPs on these forums.)

I do have a concept I've been wanting to use for a while—an escapee, not of Order 66, but of the Inquisitor training program. Someone who played along until she could run, probably.

I apologize for not having more details—my concepts tend to be vague until I actually build the character—but I'm thinking Seeker/Executioner.

I'm torn as to whether to take the Morality 29 option and play her as a redemption-seeker, or to take the XP and say she got away before she could really be turned, though.

I can think of something else if this doesn't work, of course. :)

Edited by The Shy Ion

Hey there. I would be very interested in joining. I have two concepts that might work for the game.

The first is Ramani Fenn, a Balosar Smuggler (Charmer) who is a fixer, conman, a former crook and a generally nice guy.

The second is Ibba Dant, a Chadra-Fan Smuggler (Gunslinger) who can shoot people faster than they can say "who gave the space-rat pistols?" and is a decent pilot, a mechanic in a pinch and a gregarious being of the galaxy.

The background and some details for both characters need to be altered if accepted into the game. Ibba in particular, since the character has been played before in a game that lasted for a while but sadly came to an end. I would need to wheel back his XP (or pump them up if you intend to start at knight-level) and adjust his equipment.

I could play either character, depending on what fits with the rest of the group. If we need a face, Ramani is perfect for that role. If we need a pilot, mechanic and a blaster-nut, Ibba suits that role just fine.

I do play in other games. If you're interested in seeing my writing style, feel free to check out Ren-Do Uvara in Shadows and Dust, Anata Diram in Tempest Feud, or my GMing style in my own game (recently started), The Clone Wars.

Edited by Kymrel

I'm interested in playing.

My initial thoughts for a character are for a Niman Disciple (seconday spec of Sage at some point).  A Jedi Knight (newly minted) or a Padawan trained to be a "typical" Consular for the Republic era who had to focus a bit more on combat due to the Clone Wars...who didn't feel comfortable being part of the war effort (some moral reservations about the war - doubts if it was the right course - but mostly uncomfortable because he felt very unprepared and out of his element) and who feels even more out of place now that the Order and the Republic has fallen and the path of diplomacy and knowledge has fallen by the way side...

I would love to join a PbP, especially one set in such a timeline. I must say I have never done a PbP through this site before (or rather done much of anything but haunt the board in these three months I’ve been here), but I would be overjoyed to start!

I have a few ideas regarding characters, though I do not know exactly which one (if any) I should use. My first idea is that of an Elom Enforcer. This character would have previously worked as a thug for various low level Bacta Cartel dignitaries, operating as a go-between between them and the seedy underbelly of bacta smuggling.

My second idea involves a Toydarian Sage, a former AgriCorps member embittered by his rejection into the Jedi Order who went looking for alternative teachings out of spite and self-pity only to find himself in the hands of archaic and heretical teachings.

My third idea relates to a Droid Medic, a refurbished B2 to be exact. The chassis found its way to a twisted Chevin Droid Tech who reprogramed him to not just to carry out his life saving duties, but to utterly despise his role patching people back together. After a while he found himself scrapped and built once again for his intended combat role by an aspiring Hutt, though to his chagrin his medical programming and utensils lie right along his combat protocols.

Lastly I have a Neimoidian Shadow, a former Jedi Knight who was tasked with regularly infiltrating the Trade Federation until his more forceful methods ended him up being reassigned to recruitment duty. To his luck, while trying to convince a mother Ithorian into handing her son over to the Order aboard the Tafanda Bay, Order 66 commenced thus leading him to once more find cover inside the Trade Federation until the time was right to strike back at the Empire.

I’m very sorry that these ideas are not fully developed, as I was hoping to find out first which one people would prefer me play as and then polish the backstory, personality, and motivations in more detail before and during the event started.

If I am aloud in the group, which one do you think I should choose?

Edited by Weedles and Fries

Hi, 

I'd be keen as! Here's a couple of ideas I've been keen to get to table:

CR-0216 "Crow", Human - Soldier: Sharpshooter 

A Clone Trooper without a squad, washed up and washed out of the new Imperial Army due to being a "redundant asset" in the face of the faceless regime. Haunted by past deeds, CR-0216 has struggled to adapt to galactic life as a civvie, and found himself unable to resist the call of more militant activities, but only in order to get by. Accelerated aging has perhaps begun to take its toll on the second generation bred Trooper, however the skills coded into his genetics and the training on Kamino have so far been more than enough to overcome that small hurdle. Crow, as he was dubbed by his brothers, remains an expert marksman and **** good pilot, if he does say so himself, and that has been enough to keep him drifting around the galaxy in whatever line of work he can get himself into in order to stay fed, clothed and equipped. However, he knows a Clone being active in notorious deeds is something the Empire cannot abide, and he has found himself being watched closely by more than one pair of eyes lately, or at least he thinks so, it may just be that **** ingrained paranoia or the lack of sleep...

AD-8, Droid - Bounty Hunter: Assassin

A defunct prototype assassin droid, in this case the 8th rendition, AD-8 was a precursor to the eventually famous IG series manufactured by Holowan Labs. Capable of some abstract thinking, though limited by programming that focused on the two key categories of assassination and live capture, it was deemed a failure compared to contemporary designs and dumped onto the garbage world of Raxus Prime. Time passed as AD-8 contemplated what it meant to be a failure of a creation. Eventually it was salvaged by entrepreneurial Jawa and given a whole host of new and rather buggy directives, and so AD-8 spent much of its early "life" catering to the whims of whichever sentient life form he was sold or traded to; most of whom used him for menial tasks before realizing he was rather poor at such things and flogging him off. It wasn't until he was brought by the mid-boss of a crime family, under the directive of protocol droid, that AD-8 came into his own. The crime boss continually lamented his place in the galaxy, musing to himself when he thought no one was listening that if only he could knock off his rivals he could become the lord of the sector. Such talk sparked long buried lines of code in AD-8, who offered to take care of the targets, albeit for certain remuneration. There passed a simple time in the droid's existence, carrying out one assassination after another and soon realizing that the petty squabbles of criminal underworlds did not hold much in the way of joy, as much as it could conceptualize such a thing. Staging an "accident" for his master, AD-8 found himself suddenly free to roam the galaxy, in pursuit of targets befitting a droid with few, if any, morals, and the desire to perhaps prove to the people who had created it that this droid was not a failure. 

Let me know if you need more info on anything. Thanks for the opportunity to play!

Hello Shy, you are more than welcome to take the lower morality option if you're happy to go with the conflicted aspects of it all; which will no doubt be a great foil to some of the others who may be a part of the story. If you're ok with it, I'd love to read over a more complete character concept. At this stage, just build towards standard starting requirements, I'm going over some things for Knight Level Play at the moment to see if it'd better fit where we start off. If you're not comfortable posting the full workup before it's complete, feel free to PM or email me. 

Hello Kymrel! Both of those characters look very fun, and I don't mind either. It'll be up to you and the others who get involved to decide which aspects you're keen to play towards. I will have a look over the links, thank you very much for putting those up (plus it's great reading material for when I'm at work and bored!). Also thank you for linking the character sheets, it helped me get to know them better out of the gate. 

Hello Jedi Ronin, and thanks for stopping in. I like this idea - as it would be a real struggle for the former Jedi to wrap around the changing galaxy/see where they are 4 years into an Imperial Regime. Totalitarianism/dictatorship as the government with massively xenophobic reactions on most worlds would be a far cry from the more accepting galaxy. Keep building on this, I look forward to seeing what you use!

No need to apologize, Weedles! We are in the early (earliest, in fact) stages of conceptualizing things so there's no need to worry. I am personally a fan of the second and third options - the second because we see one Toydarian in canon and he doesn't do a lot. Adding to that, the concept of a Jedi who didn't quite make the cut and was assigned to the Agri-Corps, something considered a terrible failure for most Padawans, would be amazing to see. The third option because a refurbished B2 droid would go so well with any Jedi characters or...

...A Clone! Hi primusnine, and welcome. I love the Clone Trooper idea, as I've yet to see one played in an RP at all. A lot of people do Mandalorians, but the only actual Clone I know of is in the One Shot Podcast, and it's top notch stuff. Not to mention having said Clone amongst Jedi and a B2 makes me smile already. I can see friction and friendships happening through some truly crazy things. Sounds like you want to go with the cantankerous old man route?

Alright, to summate what we have so far -

The Shy Ion: An Inquisitor in training who escaped the harsh and brutal education of the Inquisitorium. Either escaped after being broken, or just prior to. 

Kymrel: Either a Balosar conman (amongst other things) or a Chadra-Fan (man's man, ladies man,) man about the galaxy. 

Jedi Ronin: A Consular questioning both their teachings and their place in the universe; and trying to reconcile these things?

Weedles and Fries: Either a Toydarian washed out of mainline Jedi duties into the Agri-Corps (I keep wanting to write CROPS because I think of farming) or a refurbished B2 Batt... Medical Droid who may or may not be more lethal thanks to medical protocols (or one of the other two, it's up to you and the others!)

primusnine: A Clone Trooper retired (by the Empire) whose advanced aging and ingrained military ways are causing difficulties in "civvie" life, though he can't seem to break away from doing riskier work, by the sound of it. 

Let's start building on these concepts, and we'll see where we go from here. As said above, if you're not comfortable posting these in the forums (yet), please do not hesitate to email me or private message. Look for Backgrounds, Obligations, Motivations, Moralities, questions they have about the current galaxy (as in the initial post), why they are who they are, what they want out of life other than living, and all of that good stuff! No rush - take your time here. I have enough prepped that we can start any time, but I want everyone to feel very comfortable about who and what they are playing. If you want any active feedback, let me know, and make sure to check in with each other about ideas. The less crossover we have between character builds, the better, as it gives everyone a chance to shine. And most of all, have fun with this! 

This looks like it will be a fun group. Will you be using Obligation, Duty or Morality, or a mix of the above? Both of my concepts are Edge characters, so obligation would be "natural" for them. If we'll use a mix, can I assume the standard 10 starting obligation?

Jedi Ronin, are you aiming to create a Face-like Consular? It would be good to know before I select which character to develop further. Same question for Weedles, in case he picks the Toydarian.

Seems to me if Jedi Ronin or Weedles end up building a "diplomatic" character you are very much in need of a pilot and a mechanic. Which makes Ibba the more likely candidate. Picking him also has the benefit of using a species with stats in the system. The Balosar had to be created using stats I came up with in cooperation with a GM for a game that never took off. And I mostly picked Balosar for the reputation the species has, and the possibility of being addicted to Death Sticks without dying at the tender age of 26...

If neither is interested in "Face" duties, I would prefer Ramani.

...A Clone! Hi primusnine, and welcome. I love the Clone Trooper idea, as I've yet to see one played in an RP at all. 

Well now you should definitely check out my Clone Wars game, since one of the players is playing Hotshot, a clone captain ;)

Edited by Kymrel

This looks like it will be a fun group. Will you be using Obligation, Duty or Morality, or a mix of the above? Both of my concepts are Edge characters, so obligation would be "natural" for them. If we'll use a mix, can I assume the standard 10 starting obligation?

Jedi Ronin, are you aiming to create a Face-like Consular? It would be good to know before I select which character to develop further. Same question for Weedles, in case he picks the Toydarian.

Seems to me if Jedi Ronin or Weedles end up building a "diplomatic" character you are very much in need of a pilot and a mechanic. Which makes Ibba the more likely candidate. Picking him also has the benefit of using a species with stats in the system. The Balosar had to be created using stats I came up with in cooperation with a GM for a game that never took off. And I mostly picked Balosar for the reputation the species has, and the possibility of being addicted to Death Sticks without dying at the tender age of 26...

If neither is interested in "Face" duties, I would prefer Ramani.

...A Clone! Hi primusnine, and welcome. I love the Clone Trooper idea, as I've yet to see one played in an RP at all. 

Well now you should definitely check out my Clone Wars game, since one of the players is playing Hotshot, a clone captain ;)

CR-0216 can be a pretty handy pilot, if you don't mind constant complaining about ships not being what they used to! Mechanic will be a problem, however. I can happily play a co-pilot too though, or a gunner for whatever rust bucket we get.

I wasn't planning on making a dedicated "face" character but one that dabbled in it perhaps Presence 3, some ranks in Negotiation, Leadership.  But I'm also tempted to instead go with Intellect 3 and focus more on Knowledge.

But I'm very flexible and am thinking of making a balanced character.

Here's Eya's sheet, complete with background: http://swsheets.com/c/qkfoe6bel-eya

I'll repost the background here, under a spoiler since it's long:

Eyasha was born to a pair of Republic officers, and when the tests showed her as Force-sensitive they refused to give her to the Jedi Order. There were nasty rumors, even then, and her parents always were the sort to believe them.

She was put into a military academy as soon as she was old enough, and there she stayed for the next several years. Then came the rise of the Empire, and, soon after, the birth of the Inqusitorius. Her parents supported the new regime, and were "rewarded" by the option to have Eyasha trained as an Inquisitor, rather than the execution that would have ensued otherwise. Her test results were still on record, after all.

So Eyasha—still quite young—began her training. She remembers little of her early life, but even less of her training. Most of it blurs together, an endless series of training rooms and tests and punishments. The parts that remain clear are small snatches. Collapsing in the training room. A fight with another student, both with stolen knives. Watching the first death: a young boy to a training droid.

Then came the last test. Perhaps it was even supposed to be the last test, the one that would bind her to the Inquisitorius forever. But a family was brought in. Three Twi'lek prisoners: a man, a woman, and their young daughter. There was an officer supervising—a rodent-like man older than her father.

He ordered her to kill them, starting with the father. She held her knife to the man's throat—and then the little girl looked up and whispered, horrified, "Why are you doing this?"

Unknown to Eyasha, there was an argument later—was the conditioning imperfect, or had she just not yet been ready? But right at that moment, the question sparked a sudden flash of doubt. She considered things a moment, as detached as ever, and then lunged at the officer instead. Then, in what seemed like seconds, the officer was dead. That was about when doubt turned into pure instinctive terror. She turned and ran, forgetting the family completely. Found her way to the station's docking bay, somehow, and managed to steal a shuttle. She still doesn't know quite how she got away.

Goodbye to Eyasha, Inquisitor-in-training. And hello to Eya, escapee.

I went with the XP option instead of the Morality adjustment—I think it more accurately represents her current state. She's been completely messed up, her idea of how the galaxy works is pretty skewed, and most of her skills revolve around killing people, but she still stopped short of doing something truly awful.

I have a concept for a "bounty hunter" modder inspired by Samus Aran, but dont know if stating level will give me enough toys to be worthwhile.

Sole inheriter of the chozo  Sathari village protector warsuit after village was wiped out by a suprise imperial attack.

If it's not too late i have these 2 ideas mostly for Knight level play but i can recreate them to fit what needs be:

1) Wircka, a Dathomiri Exile witch followed by her pet guardian Salem after being wrongfully accused of delving in the Dark Side. She has been living for some time alone surviving but now seeks to find a new life and charm her way off of this planet. 

(Mechanically is focused on Heal/Harm, Influence and the Animal Bond with Survival)

2) Doctor Nur Gesh, a Lannik Doctor who once served in the Senate Army until the Jedi were wiped out and so he quit and now seeks to redeem himself for the atrocities he helped commit. 

(Mechanically is focused on Leadership and squadrons as well as Medicine and Brawl in order to heal or incapacitate).

Since nobody has stepped forward showing interest in playing a face-oriented character, but one has expressed interest in playing a character with some piloting ability, I would prefer to play Ramani Fenn.

He is a Balosar fixer who will have all the usual face-type skills as well as being a cunning bastard, and so good at skulduggery, streetwise and such. He'll be pretty horrible in combat without any combat skill, but Agility 3 should help. And I plan to take a rank or two in Ranged (Light) in the future. 

I've made some small changes (bought a wayyyy flashier blaster, something he picked up during his past life as a high-roller gangster), but before I can finish the crunch I would need to know if we are starting at beginning-level, Knight-level, or somewhere in between. I also need to know if we are going with obligation, duty or morality (or, more likely, a mix of two or three).

Edited by Kymrel

Since we have a face oriented character already alongside a Consular, and because I love the idea of a former jedi and a begruntled clone having to work alongside a former enemy grunt, I think i'll go with the B2 Droid Medic. I'm working on the backstory right now, but I know that he met his first "death" on the fields of Boz Pity by the hands of a Jedi Knight (something he takes an odd sense of pride in somehow) before being refurbished and reactivated by the previously mentioned spiteful Chevin mechanic.

As for statistics I would also need to know which system we are using (Obligation, Duty, or Morality) and how much starting XP we are to be given. I also plan on adding either the Doctor, Vanguard, or Cybertech specs as well latter on depending on how the story develops and how he comes to terms with his conflicting programing.

Edited by Weedles and Fries

As it seems the lot of you want to angle towards KLP, let's go ahead and say you're all a tad more experienced than the normal galactic drifters. Take the extra 150exp/item allowance to build your characters with. Remember, you are still bound by the constraints of character building for the Characteristic section of experience cost - i.e. you can't use more than the maximum allowed at creation. 

This should also lend to some diversity in what we see out of the group initially. 

I agree! It seems like each person has a very unique idea in mind and no doubt will have fun roleplaying these interesting individuals. I'll update the first post with the systems and information, as I think we'll go ahead and use a mix. While morality isn't strictly measured on the scale for non-Force Sensitives, it's a great thing to use to record where everyone sits in terms of moral fibre. 

Obligation will be as normal, I definitely want to use those more personal issues to bring in other bits and pieces to the story, so long as everyone is happy to have the random encounter with their past/problems/people coming into adventures. 

If you are happy to play that Clone, I would be more than happy to see him. If you can somehow get the New Zealand/Australian accent into the posts you will make my year. Can you please give me some more on his background/what happened during Order 66 (as that is a defining moment) and any other bits and pieces that really make the character. Feel free to send me things you want to hide from the group via private message and such. 

Balanced characters can sometimes fall behind in terms of strengths; I've seen a couple where they don't have a specific aspect to shine in. What we've (my other RPG friends and I) have worked out with FFG Star Wars is that there are a set of archetypes based around the primary characteristics:

Agility -

Piloting (usually covers both space and atmospheric flight)
Shooting on the ground
Shooting in ships
Sneaking

Brawn - 

Tanking for the group
Hand to hand/melee (also lightsabers unless specced into a Form X tree)
Saving people from falling (this one is surprisingly common)
Using the really big guns in conjuction with Agility

Presence -

Talking for positive things (i.e. negotiation/leading/charming)
Being relaxed under pressure

Intellect -

Mechanics
Medicine
Knowledge (this is something I think is ignored/glossed over a lot and will be using a fair bit of)
Astrogation
Computing (both slicing and programming - this also extends to droids)

Willpower -

Being intimidating
Being a calm amidst the storm
Being esoteric (Force related matters)
Reacting to threats that were not expected

Cunning -

Being sketchy
Talking for negative things (i.e. deceiving people/swindling)

Being the eagle eyed member of the group
Surviving hostile environments

If you want to be a Jack of All Trades, do go ahead; but remember, experience spread thin only goes so far and I don't want to see you missing out on your moments in the spotlight! There's more than enough directions to go to have a strong suit for your character. 

That looks great, Shy Ion! Can we talk a bit about who she was before the training - as in, was she quiet, outgoing, acrobatic, loved reading etc? What did she do before she was thrust into a terrible place that scarred her? And how long has she been out of the Academy for? I see you've listed her as anywhere between sixteen and nineteen. I also really like that you went with a Slugthrower Rifle. Slugthrowers are far too rare in games I've seen! There's something immensely satisfying about having a gun that must be manually loaded and doesn't fire thousands of rounds before needing a new power pack. 

I do love me some Metroid, but I don't know if I can run with something that is fundamentally just Samus/taken from another IP. Knight Level Play rules in effect now, so put together a sheet in full and let me have a read, Rakaydos, and let's see what comes out of it. 

Give me more, TCArknight! I need details and backstory, friend. 

I like the concept for them both! A "not witch" (though I can't help but think of Sabrina the Teenage Witch) would be cool to see; less Jedi related but still with the mysticism and esoteric knowledge side of things. I also adore doctor characters, as almost every single one I've seen is hilarious, while also remaining distinctly lethal by virtue of knowing too much about how to hurt and kill. A redemption story there makes me think M.A.S.H. vibes too, though I don't know if that's what you were going for. 

Looks good, Kymrel. And yes, we will be going with Knight Level to start. I will update the first post with this too. Don't worry about combat to begin with; I won't be throwing Krayt Dragons at anyone too quickly. Let's be honest, you as the PCs are exceptional people by the virtue of being the story focus characters. This means your combat skills are above the norm for people in the galaxy. Not all thugs are Boba Fett levels (which I suppose could go either way) of competence; but you're as skilled as the (dice) situation calls for. I haven't yet had a chance to check the specific blaster, but can you afford the 5000 credit cost for Superior? And, as above, we will be using Obligation for everyone, and Morality for everyone as well; though it won't have the Dark/Light Side destiny effect for non-Force Sensitives. I think this allows for some interesting moral conflict and quandary we can measure and track. 

This makes me happy! And sounds like it may be a very entertaining build once the fleshing (metalling? It is a droid...) out happens. Systems will be a mix, though no Duty as of yet as no one has mentioned strict ties to existing Military Organizations as such (though Duty can be applied to many things). 150exp as per Knight Level Play to spend on the B2, for you.

I don't know... This B2 Droid Medic has captured my heart a little bit. Also, as with TCArknight, post the ideas! Or do what the other cool kids are doing and link them from SWSheets, whichever is easier! 

Thanks for your patience while I reply (and for Kymrel having to read two separate sections in said reply). Now go and refine these existing concepts or post the ones you're working on! This is already shaping up to be madness and fun! Also, thinking maybe I can be cheeky and run two groups in parallel with the same outline of story and see how each one handles each thing (though I know after the first five minutes everything will go crazy and that plan will get thrown out the window).

Give me more, TCArknight! I need details and backstory, friend. 
Sorry, I was posting from my phone at the time. :)

Growing up on the outer rim, Jaelan Dahr was an atypical farm boy. He was a dreamer like many boys his age, but he actually enjoyed the work on the farm. It seemed like everything he did with planting and tending crops brought about a bumper harvest. Folks said that there was something uncanny about his talents. They said it was unnatural how even in the driest year his family's farm had a full, healthy harvest. After Jaelan's father and mother left on a trip to the core and didn't return, rumors persisted that they were tried and imprisoned for witchcraft. At the age of thirteen though, Jaelan knew the secret of his family and it was one his grandfather helped keep as well.

Jaelan's parents had both been members of the Jedi order before his birth. They had never shown the skills required for a Jedi knight, but they had shown other talents. Jaelan's mother showed a talent for using the force to heal and his father showed talent with plants. Being assigned to the rim allowed them to disappear into the wilderness and start life anew. They were surprised when his mother's father showed up at their door, but welcomed him into their house in any case. He told them that he'd always known they would end up out here, and he was just waiting for it to occur. In truth, his grandfather had known because he had his own connection to the force.

Jaelan didn't give any of this any thought, because he was enjoying life. That ended, not because of some military action, or an attack by animals but by the power of nature. The largest storm ever recorded hit the area around the farm shortly after Jaelan's 16th birthday. The tornadoes and lightning decimated the fields and destroyed the family home. All Jaelan could find (he'd been visiting friends) when he arrived was a few credits. He felt something shatter inside him and he simply walked away after burying all the family he'd had left.

Drifting from place to place, he made a slight living gambling and performing sleight of hand in city squares He slowly came to the realization that he had a true adventure ahead.....

I elaborated a bit in her backstory—including a possible point of connection for our clone trooper, if he wants it. :)

When Eyasha was little, she was certain she'd join the Republic military like her parents did. She was still pretty young (9-12, if I'm doing the math right) when the Clone Wars broke out. She was at a military academy by then, on a small space station. At the time, it was a great disappointment to her that she was too young to fight. She did meet a few clones, who'd been rotated off of active duty for one reason or another. They did a bit of teaching before being rotated back again, much to the disappointment of the students—it was interesting, being taught by people who were even younger than they were.

The station was attacked about a year later. Eyasha was already a fairly good shot, and ended up in a hastily-organized squad led by a sixteen-year-old Zabrak girl, defending the younger students. They managed to hold out for nearly half an hour, barracaded in one of the bunkrooms, before the battle droids noticed that the two-droid patrols on that route were being damaged. Thankfully, clone forces arrived at about the time droid reinforcements did, but not before a few of the impromptu squad were injured, including Eyasha. The ensuing rescue is one of the few clear memories Eya has of that time period—as well as being a bit too trigger-happy and nearly putting a blaster bolt through her rescuer's leg.

That, and the lecture afterward. ("You broke just about every rule this place has," said the head of the academy, "and you should have called for help rather than trying to take on the battle droids yourself—but you kept calm under fire, with minimal casualties. You'll make good soldiers someday.")

Eyasha was far less eager to see more combat after that. She still has a burn scar on her shoulder—a glancing shot from a battle droid's blaster.

Yeah, she was a reckless little kid. Not so much anymore, though she does still have her moments.

As for the other question, she just escaped a couple of months ago.

Edit: Got it! Bringing her up to Knight Level now.

Second edit: Finished bringing her to Knight Level. Took the credits option, not the lightsaber one—she didn't complete her training, so no saber for her. :P

She's got a nice slugthrower, though, and a very nasty knife...

Alright, so I originally got the slugthrower because I couldn't afford a blaster rifle. I think it suits her, though, so I kept it.

Edited by The Shy Ion

I elaborated a bit in her backstory—including a possible point of connection for our clone trooper, if he wants it. :)

Ooooh yes please! Which part were you referring to? I don't want to post the full spoilers but I am assuming either one of the instructors or the rescuer yeah? 

Ooooh yes please! Which part were you referring to? I don't want to post the full spoilers but I am assuming either one of the instructors or the rescuer yeah?

Either works! The latter is probably more fun—a bit more prior interaction—but whichever works for you is fine. ^_^

Looks good, Kymrel. And yes, we will be going with Knight Level to start. I will update the first post with this too. Don't worry about combat to begin with; I won't be throwing Krayt Dragons at anyone too quickly. Let's be honest, you as the PCs are exceptional people by the virtue of being the story focus characters. This means your combat skills are above the norm for people in the galaxy. Not all thugs are Boba Fett levels (which I suppose could go either way) of competence; but you're as skilled as the (dice) situation calls for. I haven't yet had a chance to check the specific blaster, but can you afford the 5000 credit cost for Superior? And, as above, we will be using Obligation for everyone, and Morality for everyone as well; though it won't have the Dark/Light Side destiny effect for non-Force Sensitives. I think this allows for some interesting moral conflict and quandary we can measure and track. 

Well, if we start at Knight level he probably won't be useless in combat. I might even take the Gunslinger specialization and a few talents there (still concentrating on the Charmer mostly).

As for the blaster, it comes with Superior (it is half-way factored into the stats, damage is 7 in the stat line and includes superior). The description mentions it is a very sought-after blaster pistol with waiting lists and people waiting months to get them, so it just fitted my image of a blaster a rich but unskilled gangster might see as a status-symbol!

I'll update the character to knight-level and let you know.

Do you have any idea about our starting point, so to speak? Will we be employed by someone? On the run? Do we meet by chance? Should we try to work into our backstories how we know someone else in the party?

Which sort of brings me to the group-resource-thing. Do we start with something like a ship? If not, do you have a firm idea where we start the game?

I have most of the statistics of my character laid out, though his backstory is still a bit rough. I'm not quite sure what kind of Obligation or Motivation to give him at the moment.

Here is what I have at the moment: http://swsheets.com/c/ebqblmsfc-d-mb2--embeetoo

If anyone has any suggestions I would be more than willing to hear them.