Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

Rogue One Ships - What They Mean For Wave 11

OK, so following Wave 9 the three factions - Rebellion, Empire, Scum & Villany - were all balanced in terms of number of ships available for each.

Wave 10's initial announcement of 1 Rebel, 1 Empire, 1 Scum ship was then not so surprising, as it maintained that balance between factions.

Enter Rogue One, and the U-Wing and TIE Striker.  The announcement of these ships bumps Wave 10 to 5 new releases, and pushes the Rebellion and Empire's numbers ahead of Scum.

So I guess it would be fair to expect Wave 11 to be a 4 ship wave - with 1 Rebel, 1 Empire and 2 Scum - to once again restore the balance between factions.  Thoughts?

I don't think that each faction need to have the exact same number of ships in order to be balanced. 1-2 ship difference does not matter. Rebels/Imperials have larger variety, because tons of extra pilots has been released in the aces packs and epic ships. That's what Scum really needs, and not another new ship.

I don't really understand the obsession with having the same number of ships, unique or otherwise.  Why does it matter?

i don't anyone is saying it "matters", simply analyzing patterns. FFG have been self-balancing, people are simply discussing that aspect.

Which is, by the by, exactly what a forum is for...

Scum is fine except for K fighters, and the star vipers could use a little love.

I'm sure if they release an epic scum ship they can throw in a star viper with it, much like they did with the transport/xwing and the raider/tie advanced.

Sorry, apparently that didn't come across correctly. It was not meant to be snarKY. I see it come up all the time, from ffg as well, about balancing the number of ships across factions. I really don't understand why it's a thing.

As a scum player I'd rather have balancing fixes for the ships I already have before adding new ones. Sycks and starvipersonal seem like they're in a bit of a rough state. I'd rather have some love for them than worrying about having the same number of releases.

I think it made sense when scum was new and only had a few options.

Sorry, apparently that didn't come across correctly. It was not meant to be snarKY. I see it come up all the time, from ffg as well, about balancing the number of ships across factions. I really don't understand why it's a thing.

As a scum player I'd rather have balancing fixes for the ships I already have before adding new ones. Sycks and starvipersonal seem like they're in a bit of a rough state. I'd rather have some love for them than worrying about having the same number of releases.

I think it made sense when scum was new and only had a few options.

got it, makes total sense. I understand why they want to balance out the numbers available from a commerce perspective but am with you in wanting quality over quantity.

Fix the Syck already!

With Upsilon on the horizon, I am vaguely surprised that Leia's Resistance shuttle has not been announced yet. I am interested to see what combos can be made with the assorted Rebel crew and the Tech slot.

To be fair the U-Wing fills a similar niche and looks to be priced at a good level so I can be patient. ;)

I would expect the Resistance Shuttle to be the Rebel's offering in Wave 11.  Not sure if the First Order landing craft will also make an appearance (it might given the U-Wing's rules).  But yeah, barring any ships sneaking their way into Rogue One and Rebels, Leia's shuttle is probably the odds on favourite.

I would expect the Resistance Shuttle to be the Rebel's offering in Wave 11.  Not sure if the First Order landing craft will also make an appearance (it might given the U-Wing's rules).  But yeah, barring any ships sneaking their way into Rogue One and Rebels, Leia's shuttle is probably the odds on favourite.

Which is so sad, because it's one of the ugliest ships in a long time. :(