Joe Boss Red Seven

DAT EPIC LAND WAR... YEAH IT KINDA FEELS LIKE IT'S COMING.

196 posts in this topic

I have been feeling a few trimmers in the force recently. last time I felt them we got SCUM & VILLAINY... and after that we got RAIDER and GON GON ZILLAH!

:D

rogue-one-concept-art-gareth-edwards-dis

You know Crabs and Draft and I and a few others have been hollering about a LAND WAR version of X-EPIC, and that certainly is a direct competitor with GW stuff. FFG just announced that they are ending their relationship with GW today. That is the tremor in The Force that has pushed me over to my view that WE ARE GETTING A GROUND GAME.

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-rapid-fire-i

The first tremor came when I fully understood that ROGUE ONE was going to be full of cool new Land War Action like what we saw in Empire. The next tremor was seeing the direct relationships with Fantasy Flight Games and REBELS, TFA, and MOUSE Toys being produced by other Mouse Toy Companies.

Now here comes more Land War stuff in recent Rogue One trailers and preview art and the Lego Toys and Hasbro goodies... all registered and approved by Dat MOUSE!

Just this week we saw the very clearly worded card art with LANDING all over da-place. Jedi Brother Crabs is right. He called it out in his own recent topic.

swx62-pivot-wing-landing.png

I agree with his appraisal completely now, since even more LAND WAR art has just been released.

SWMM%2B2016.jpg

Dunno it might be for real now Star Brahs. I Can Feel IT!

60SA.gif

REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN.png

So, there's this really cool game that already does squad based warfare and can easily be converted to full-blown epic tabletop battles.....  Imperial Assault.

AT-ACT-down.gif

so how come that hurt it but blasters from the snow speeders had no effect...

If you look close that rocket just blasts the canon off the head canopy. That thing ain't hurt and hitting a canon while going 300 mph with a fixed energy blaster while being shot at is almost impossible. I think it fits just fine into established lore.
GrimmyV likes this

AT-ACT-down.gif

If you look close that rocket just blasts the canon off the head canopy. That thing ain't hurt and hitting a canon while going 300 mph with a fixed energy blaster while being shot at is almost impossible. I think it fits just fine into established lore.

YUP... but missiles and other heavy boom-stuff does hurt AT-AT's.

;)

I wonder what those orange containers on everything means?

These are Transport AT's and the orange boxes are for cargo.

Yeah, but that 4winged imp ship also has what looks like a orange containers underneath, and the hover tanks have orange "barrels". Seems like a design choice of some importance.

I wonder what those orange containers on everything means?

These are Transport AT's and the orange boxes are for cargo.

Yeah, but that 4winged imp ship also has what looks like a orange containers underneath, and the hover tanks have orange "barrels". Seems like a design choice of some importance.

I think so too. It has to do with fortifying the base they have. But The Rebels surprise attack and this is why we see Cargo AT's shooting rather than the heavier badass AT-AT's we saw in Empire.

Dwing and GrimmyV like this

AT-ACT-down.gif

It's the difference between a Javelin anti-tank missile and a 20mm cannon. Only one has any chance of breaching frontal main battle tank armor.

can't even tell if it went in (or just impacted on the surface)