Sign in to follow this  
Kakita Shiro

The Dunwich Legacy

I think it would be interesting if they added a player character in a Mythos pack that was like a campaign reward, to replace an injured or insane pc. Something like "You may use Henry Armatage for a scenario, if you do so you recover 1 trama." Much like when I am running Call of Cthulhu and a PC dies or goes insane. I allow players to take a NPC that they have befriended that I don't need for story.

I apologize for any grammer or spelling issues I am using my phone.

Edited by Molinext

Essentially, you can do that. If your character dies, you get to continue with any other character that has not been used in that campaing. Now we have only 5 of them, but Dunwich adds 5 more, so it will be easier. Or you don't meant that?

What I meant was, in dunwich I assume there will be 8 scenarios, 2 in deluxe, 1 per mythos. Say by scenario 5 roland has 2 mental trama. Henry Armatage (librarian of Miskatonic University Library) was rewarded as an ally in an earlier scenario. Part of setup for scenario 5 is "If any investigator has physical or mental trama and you have been awarded Henry Armatage as an ally. You may play Henry for this scenario only, and reduce the trama by one.

Question about this deluxe expansion:

Do you think we'll have to buy multiple copies like the core set to have viable deck building options?

I plan on always playing with 2 investigators, so buying two core sets gives you the option to pair up any investigators you want.

My main worry is that this formula will also apply to deluxe expansions.

Thoughts?

I can't 100% confirm this, but it seems like you'll only get 2 copies of each player card (59 different ones), which would make sense with the numbers of cards in the set.  So that means you'll only have 2 of each new neutral card and 2 of each new class card.  2 core sets will let you have 2 of each class card, but 4 of each neutral card.  If you were hoping to have 2 of everything for two players, it seems like you'll need 2 copies of everything going forward  - and technically need 4 core sets to have 2 of each class card per player.

I don't think you need to worry much though if you don't get two sets.  It really will only affect the neutral cards or if you wanted to play 2 characters that really overlap in deckbuilding, like two Guardians, for instance.

If the 5 investigators that come with this deluxe is 'it' as far as the cycle is concerned, I suppose that means that Marie from the 'Arkham Investigators' hardback book will probably be exclusive to the book owners until...July/August?

Question about this deluxe expansion:

Do you think we'll have to buy multiple copies like the core set to have viable deck building options?

I plan on always playing with 2 investigators, so buying two core sets gives you the option to pair up any investigators you want.

My main worry is that this formula will also apply to deluxe expansions.

Thoughts?

I can't 100% confirm this, but it seems like you'll only get 2 copies of each player card (59 different ones), which would make sense with the numbers of cards in the set.  So that means you'll only have 2 of each new neutral card and 2 of each new class card.  2 core sets will let you have 2 of each class card, but 4 of each neutral card.  If you were hoping to have 2 of everything for two players, it seems like you'll need 2 copies of everything going forward  - and technically need 4 core sets to have 2 of each class card per player.

I don't think you need to worry much though if you don't get two sets.  It really will only affect the neutral cards or if you wanted to play 2 characters that really overlap in deckbuilding, like two Guardians, for instance.

Makes sense and this kinda confirms my thoughts about the format.

I did not plan on playing two characters with the same class anyway, i like every character's own strengths and weaknesses to be unique so one does not live under the shadow of the other.

To be honest, i bought two core sets and so far, i don't see any good reason why i did. Maybe it will give me the ability to pair up any characters i want, instead of the pairs mentioned in the book. For now, it is sitting on my shelf with the wrapping still on - with the game being so hard to get (it was for me), i kinda feel bad.

Edited by Shirys

To be honest, i bought two core sets and so far, i don't see any good reason why i did. Maybe it will give me the ability to pair up any characters i want, instead of the pairs mentioned in the book. For now, it is sitting on my shelf with the wrapping still on - with the game being so hard to get (it was for me), i kinda feel bad.

It lets you double up on class cards, for one thing. For instance, Roland has no use for Mind Over Matter, so you can feel free to dump it in exchange for another copy of, say, Working a Hunch or Evidence to shore up his investigation abilities.

It lets you double up on class cards, for one thing. For instance, Roland has no use for Mind Over Matter, so you can feel free to dump it in exchange for another copy of, say, Working a Hunch or Evidence to shore up his investigation abilities.

More dynamite blasts! BOOM! Ahahhahahaa!... ahem. sorry. :)