Sign in to follow this  
Kakita Shiro

The Dunwich Legacy

Ok one crucial question - can i buy one box of core game and this expansion and that way it's possible to play with 4 players? If answer is yes , then it's smartest move ever. Many people didn't like lotr lcg, because it's forced them to buy two core sets to play with max number of players. Now it shouldn't be a problem anymore :)

Edited by soul31

I think if you and your friends are willing to put up with less consistent draws (e.g. having only 1 flashlight each instead of 2 each) and use substitutes for the clue and resource tokens then it is possible to just get 1 core with the deluxe expansion.

Looks like big changes from other Lcg. No core set cycle since we start with a deluxe cycle. I kinda expected something like this because of the core set campaign spoiler only showed 3 quest.

I think you may be accurate suggesting that they will not release investigators with the mythos packs. That may be good, since our card pool is going to be very limited. And I think each mythos pack will focus more and more on upgrade cards for the next quest.

Five new investigators arrive to offer their services, armed with fifty-nine new player cards (including a complete playset of each) that allow you to pursue new deck-building strategies and new styles of play. Finally, you'll find all manner of new terrors arrayed against you—from backroom thugs and bad luck to arcane hexes and wholly unnatural abominations.

No multiple-purchasing of The Dunwich Legacy should be necessary for a complete set.

I might be reading over it, but is The Dunwich Legacy Deluxe coming with a full playset of every card, or is this also a 'buy two if you want a complete set'?

Expansions for the LCGs come with complet playsets. It's just the core sets that don't to keep cost down and variety up.

Edited by Toqtamish

Its obviously assumed but before Julia makes a joke at my expense ;) I felt I should post and say.......

"Want!....."

Alex,

I found your scared wallet knocking at my door...

Really? Your door? Like you spend less Julia? :P

Granted I have been a bit spend-happy in the last 18 month period but Im sure you are in the club too :D

Alright, thanks guys. Looks like I missed that part. I know LCG expansions usually come with a full playset, but there have been exceptions (e.g. the first SW LCG deluxe expansion). Just wanted to make sure. :)

Alright, thanks guys. Looks like I missed that part. I know LCG expansions usually come with a full playset, but there have been exceptions (e.g. the first SW LCG deluxe expansion). Just wanted to make sure. :)

That was the only exception and mostly because that was essentially core set 1.5.

I might be reading over it, but is The Dunwich Legacy Deluxe coming with a full playset of every card, or is this also a 'buy two if you want a complete set'?

Expansions for the LCGs come with complet playsets. It's just the core sets that don't to keep cost down and variety up.

I believe Great Devourer did not, but I may be wrong on that.

I believe Great Devourer did not, but I may be wrong on that.

You are indeed wrong on that. There were single copies of the Tyranid Synapse creatures, but you can only include 1 in a deck anyway, so they were still full playsets.

I think using any number of cards lvl 0-2 from a sub class is a better deal than up to 5 lvl 0 from any other class.

Not necessarily. If you solo the game with just one investigator, you may want this or that card from another class to get some more variety vs great specialization. Or you may want to get an extra lvl 0 card for you deck because while campaigning you discover you need to boost this or that attribute and you need that card

I think using any number of cards lvl 0-2 from a sub class is a better deal than up to 5 lvl 0 from any other class.

Not necessarily. If you solo the game with just one investigator, you may want this or that card from another class to get some more variety vs great specialization. Or you may want to get an extra lvl 0 card for you deck because while campaigning you discover you need to boost this or that attribute and you need that card

We also don't really know if there's an investment bonus baked into card balance. FFG might encourage players toward higher lever cards by giving them more bang for your buck, whereas a broader selection of lower level cards might be more versatile, but less effective for a similar investment. Or the reverse could be true -- you might see diminishing returns as you get to level 5. Individually, the cards are still the most effective, and as single cards can swing the game, but the difference might decrease as levels get higher to encourage diversification.

All depends on the style of deck advancement design wants to incentivize.

What is a play set exactly?  Does this mean for one investigator? Or enough for two investigators who may want the maximum number of the same card?  Essentially, will there be four of each card?

As long as you don't play 2 investigators of the same class, you wouldn't need 2 deluxe expansion. Even if you do, as long as you are willing to share the same pool of cards then it is still fine.

You are playtesting this one too, aren't you?

You are playtesting this one too, aren't you?

Playtesters cannot reveal that information before products release.