Sign in to follow this  
Odanan

Thanks Asmodee NA Support!

Two ships of my collection (a TIE Bomber and a B-Wing) came deformed from factory. The Bomber had the wings heavily fall down to the back and the B-Wing had the body/wings rotated clockwise.

For someone who has his toys from childhood still intact (despite playing a lot with them in the past), that really bugged me. I could try to fix them (maybe bathing them in hot water), but was afraid to ruin their painting.

So, some days ago I contacted the Asmodee NA Support, sent pictures of the 2 ships in several angles and they answered me they would replace both ships (mind you I live in Brazil). 

Today I received the 2 new ships in perfect condition.

Thank you so much Asmodee/FFG!

This amazing support will certainly make me buy a lot more of your products.  

PS: if you release the Assault Gunboat, I will get at least 4!

Would have been cool to know this when I got my base t-65 x wing, one of the blasters wasn't there, like literally the peg where it would be glued on to was there just the blaster was missing. I thought it fell off and spent like 30 minutes looking for it. I ended up rolling with it and plan to paint it black and broken like it got blown off.

I live in Canada, my gozanti had some damage to it out of the box, i sent in a bunch of pictures they agreed to replace it if i shipped my old one to them at a shipping cost reaching basically the price of a new gozanti... I declined to do so felt kind of cheated.

It still pisses me off when ever i look at my ship... sure its minor damage but it was clearly factory damaged and FFG/Asmode decided to screw me.

It still pisses me off when ever i look at my ship... sure its minor damage but it was clearly factory damaged and FFG/Asmode decided to screw me.

That's literally the only bad experience I've ever heard with FFG/AsmodeeNA customer service.

That's literally the only bad experience I've ever heard with FFG/AsmodeeNA customer service.

With the exception of the horrible bases on wave five when it was new I can agree. Although now that I think about it there was a guy ranting about something wrong with his corvette when they were new, he was out of the country and they advised that he handle it through his local distributer, otherwise they are exceptional with customer service.

I live in Canada, my gozanti had some damage to it out of the box, i sent in a bunch of pictures they agreed to replace it if i shipped my old one to them at a shipping cost reaching basically the price of a new gozanti... I declined to do so felt kind of cheated.

Nope, your retailer decided to screw you. Officially these days NA retailer are responsible for dealing with customer support. They adopted the European model on that after the Asmodee merge. Your legal claim for replacement is against the retailer who sold you a faulty product and not with the manufacturer who sold you literally nothing and has no direct business relationship with you. They even offered you to replace the model out of goodwill, yet you blame them instead of the retailer. 

Nope, your retailer decided to screw you. Officially these days NA retailer are responsible for dealing with customer support. They adopted the European model on that after the Asmodee merge. Your legal claim for replacement is against the retailer who sold you a faulty product and not with the manufacturer who sold you literally nothing and has no direct business relationship with you. They even offered you to replace the model out of goodwill, yet you blame them instead of the retailer.

The retailer did not fabricate a faulty product more did they purposefully sell me one (could not see the fault while in package. What ever there policy is, is irrelevant to me felling like they screwed me.

Them passing the responsibility off for faulty fabrication has nothing to do with me being sad about the faulty fabrication.

The retailer did not fabricate a faulty product more did they purposefully sell me one (could not see the fault while in package. What ever there policy is, is irrelevant to me felling like they screwed me.

Them passing the responsibility off for faulty fabrication has nothing to do with me being sad about the faulty fabrication.

Neither did FFG fabricate a faulty product.  ;-)

Nor did they pass the responsibility, they were never responsible as they never had a direct business relationship with you. Embrace the chain of contracts. You have a contract with the retailer,the retailer has a contract with the distributor, the distributor has a contract with FFG and FFG has a contract with the chinese fab which actually made the mistake.  

Neither did FFG fabricate a faulty product.  ;-)

Nor did they pass the responsibility, they were never responsible as they never had a direct business relationship with you. Embrace the chain of contracts. You have a contract with the retailer,the retailer has a contract with the distributor, the distributor has a contract with FFG and FFG has a contract with the chinese fab which actually made the mistake.  

I disagree. FFG contracted the Chinese factory. FFG is the ultimate responsible.

Edited by Odanan

My local gamestore, Muse Comics in Missoula montana refuses any returns no matter what.  Any factory defects are your problem and you need to contact the manufacturer directly.

This policy is good for them but screws customers.  I have had to contact FFG a few times for some issues with Ghost stand etc and they have helped me directly.

I am curious is Amsodee merger actually did require stores to stand behind their products and replace defective merchandise.  The stores can get refunded for defected merchandise its just a hassle and they would rather force their customers to deal with it.  I actually purchase less from this store as a direct result of this unfriendly policy.

My local gamestore, Muse Comics in Missoula montana refuses any returns no matter what.  Any factory defects are your problem and you need to contact the manufacturer directly.

This policy is good for them but screws customers.  I have had to contact FFG a few times for some issues with Ghost stand etc and they have helped me directly.

I am curious is Amsodee merger actually did require stores to stand behind their products and replace defective merchandise.  The stores can get refunded for defected merchandise its just a hassle and they would rather force their customers to deal with it.  I actually purchase less from this store as a direct result of this unfriendly policy.

Many products say that if you have any problems then to contact the manufacturer and do not return to your store. This is cheaper for everyone where the manufacturer may just have to mail a small single piece to the customer, instead of replacing a complete package to the retailer.

Would have been cool to know this when I got my base t-65 x wing, one of the blasters wasn't there, like literally the peg where it would be glued on to was there just the blaster was missing. I thought it fell off and spent like 30 minutes looking for it. I ended up rolling with it and plan to paint it black and broken like it got blown off.

Well, they have a support link on their site.. No huge surprise. I've used it twice... Very efficient both times. Once, I got the wrong dice with a game, the other time, a missing maneuver dial rivet. Fast, efficient service both times.