Sign in to follow this  
Keffisch

Cult of Sentinel Hill - Expansion 2 details

Real shame, imo, that they didn't include a scenario that required Forbidden Alchemy or Suppressed Memories.

I've got the 1st edition core and Forbidden Alchemy, but never managed to snag Call of the Wild, and it feels a little like FA owners are being ignored.

Of course I'll be getting the Call of the Wild or Suppressed Memories soon, but it still would have been better if there'd been a FA-specific scenario. Heck - it's not like it wouldn't help sell Suppressed Memories if there'd been 2 scenarios attached to it...

So if I JUST have the first edition base set I'm good to buy this on the webstore and don't need any new physical products?

I'm sorry but honestly it's somewhat confusing keeping up with the different sets and how they interact with the new edition.  They really need a chart or something that just lists the different skus and what they can be used with.

Edited by Radish

So if I JUST have the first edition base set I'm good to buy this on the webstore and don't need any new physical products?

I'm sorry but honestly it's somewhat confusing keeping up with the different sets and how they interact with the new edition.  They really need a chart or something that just lists the different skus and what they can be used with.

Exact opposite actually. These two new sets are just the investigators/monsters/room tiles from 1ed. The game still needs the 2ed core to play. All these are doing are giving people who did NOT get the 1ed a chance to get those useable pieces.

Owners of 1ed should not buy these expansions (unless they are missing those 1ed expansions).

Sorry what I am asking is if I own MoM 2nd edition and Mom 1st edition but nothing else, can I buy Suppressed Memories on their web store and be able to play it with the cards, map pieces, and tokens I current have?

Like I said the way they are integrating all this stuff is kinda confusing.

Edited by Radish

Real shame, imo, that they didn't include a scenario that required Forbidden Alchemy or Suppressed Memories.

I've got the 1st edition core and Forbidden Alchemy, but never managed to snag Call of the Wild, and it feels a little like FA owners are being ignored.

For what we know at the moment. The scenario could have some alternate map featuring FA, or they could create other scenarios using FA tiles in the future

Since there is a lot of untapped potential in these tilesets, my guess is that we'll be seeing more scenarios. Whether that comes as software updates, DLC, or part of a wholly new 2nd ed expansion, or a combination, one guess is as good as any other. 

Radish, you won't be needing recurring nightmares in that case. Suppressed memories will add the components you currently miss. The scenarios will be there regardless. (Edit for clarity: that is, when you enable them from the collection menu)

Edited by Aelitafrommars

Sorry what I am asking is if I own MoM 2nd edition and Mom 1st edition but nothing else, can I buy Suppressed Memories on their web store and be able to play it with the cards, map pieces, and tokens I current have?

Like I said the way they are integrating all this stuff is kinda confusing.

Oh gotcha. Then yes you are right. Buying the Suppressed Memories expansion will give you the Call of the Wild/Forbidden alchemy expansion pieces. At that point you will have all the available options for MoM.