Sign in to follow this  
bcons

So, just what exactly should I buy from wave 9?

With wave nine right around the corner (hopefully), what would be all of your recommendations? This is mostly for the people who have made lists that seem good on paper, and those guys who went to Gencon.

(Don't worry, I've already saved a vote for the Arc from Fickle)

Arc only if you want to fly ARCs (and specifically with r3a2 gunner and r2d2 tailgunner, plus as many VTs as you can fit)

Otherwise there's nothing in the pack worth getting, esp not that garbage waste of space astro that you get TWO of

Speaking of, 2 ARCs max as,that's as many as you can fly with Biggs

For everything else,

The SF named pilots are quite decent so 1 is fine

Fangs are crazy overrated. Honestly would not bother unless you love manaroo (then fly her with 2 or 1 and a Y or something)

The ARC is the most beautiful but imo the caster is the most promising (least dice dependent) of the wave. 1 or 2 if you want to fly two. Named pilots only ofc but they're all wonderful (though ketsu is only fly with another caster, unless you're REALLY good at her ability)

I have an issue; yes, the, ships, call me...what? Must get 2 ARC and 2 TIE/SF......the other two just whine at me; not call me. Kinda like the Ghost, it never 'flew' for me; ever; ever....but the ARC and yet another TIE variant; who the **** can resist a TIE variant? No sane person; that's for sure.

Edited by clanofwolves

I'm getting one of each, then I'll piecemeal an additional ARC, SF, and Fang... then I might piecemeal yet another Fang...

I'm not excited about having to buy more Shadowcasters for additional BMSTs and Rigged Cargo Chutes.  I'll get the second one on a coolstuff or miniaturemarket sale.

Edited by Arttemis

Order whatever looks interesting to you in numbers that suit your sense of style. Personally, I have yet to buy multiples of any large based ship (though a second Aggressor is inevitable), simply because I prefer the visual impact of them sitting as unique centerpieces (or big diversionary tactics), only tending to use small craft in multiples. Other people have different tastes.

My advice is- buy what you'll have fun with and don't worry about how your purchases will compare with those of anyone else. Remember, a stale meta is inevitable if everyone uses the same ideas and values our toys the same way. Group think and netlisting are the unholy progenitors of the meta.

1 or 2 ARCs if you plan to fly Rebel ARCs; Fickle has assembled a couple pretty fun looking lists with two of them.

1 SF: The named pilots look decent, but I don't know how well they'd fly with one another.

1 Fang: Fenn is great, the generics have yet to prove themselves

1 Shadowcaster: Because really, you should only be buying multiple Large based ships if they're a) broken or b) IG-88. ;)