Sign in to follow this  
asters89

Fenn's Boat Party

Hi all,

In anticipation of me being able to get my grubby little mitts on wave 9 shortly, I’ve been thinking about the following list.

Fenn Rau

PTL

Concord Dawn

Autothrusters

Trandoshan slaver

4-Lom

Zuckuss

Dengar

Contracted scout

Deadeye

Proton torpedoes

Extra munitions

Chips

(100)

And unfortunately I’ve run out of points. Ideally I would like to get Boba onto the scout and maybe even the illicit slam onto the slaver, but where is the best place to drop points from, if any?

I’m wondering whether PTL will become a bit of a liability in wave 9 when people start to jump on BMST and whether I should drop that from Fenn in favour of something a bit cheaper?. (I’ve also played against PTL Fenn twice now with Asajj on vassal and been able to completely lock him down).

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by asters89

Guidance Chips on the Scout since they are free.

Might be worth switching Protorps for plasma torps and Overclocked R4 but not 100% sure. It means you can gain mutiple Focus tokens per turn if necessary (albeit at the cost of Stress).

Sorry ye, I'm so used to them just being there I forgot to actually write it down.

I'm leaning slightly towards the protons at the moment because I'm thinking (ideally) Fenn will shoot first, so there may not be any shields left after that plus the torp damage. That said its all very situation and I can see that aggromech will be  useful later in the game as well. If there is a way to drop even more points to get enough for the aggromech as well?

Name of this thread not withstanding, would it be possible to replace Fenn with any of the other name fang's? maybe VI Teroch?

Sorry ye, I'm so used to them just being there I forgot to actually write it down.

I'm leaning slightly towards the protons at the moment because I'm thinking (ideally) Fenn will shoot first, so there may not be any shields left after that plus the torp damage. That said its all very situation and I can see that aggromech will be  useful later in the game as well. If there is a way to drop even more points to get enough for the aggromech as well?

Name of this thread not withstanding, would it be possible to replace Fenn with any of the other name fang's? maybe VI Teroch?

Another thought if you can fit Boba on the scout to give those proton torps more oomph and give them a reason to be scared, especially the low agility ships.

I don't think this list will fly. Too tight on points for a Party Bus, Fenn and a U-Boat. Even if you manage to cram it all in, you end up flying a PS9 with 0 points for initiative bid, which is a proposition I wouldn't feel comfortable with. Hate to say it, but I think something's gotta give here.

If you were going to do it, I think the list you posted is probably the best version of it. Not really any wiggle room to speak of.

EDIT: Although, if you're interested in Fenn without PtL, here's a list I've been trying to push on people for a couple weeks now called Manaroo Aces: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227759-manaroo-aces/

Edited by CBMarkham

I think the list is fine as is.  I've seen Dom using it on VASSAL (not surprisingly since its right up his alley).

The only change I'd suggest is plasma torp on the scout.  99 points is not enough of a bid for Fenn, but it will give you control over rock placement on occasion (which can be nice), and also, the proton torp is unlikely to get past shields very often.  

The reason I don't think an initiative bid is all that important here is that you have a very capable blocker in the form of the scout, and you can even use Fenn as a blocker if need be, because any ship caught actionless in the arc of either of your other two ships is gonna take a hurtin'

In fact, you might want to use that last point to get Blackmarket slicer tools on the Scout...

Edited by blade_mercurial