Sign in to follow this  
OpticFusion

App continue button

The continue button is a real problem in the app. If you touch anywhere on the screen it continues. Unlike the other buttons for example confirm, where you have to click on the button itself. 

It is just too easy to accidentally skip important text. I found it really annoying. 

I agree. It is extra important in touch interfacing that it is made homogenous, precise, and clear, as touching a non-mechanical surface with proximity sensitivity and no travel action is more prone to mistakes than mouse clicks or button presses. 

Edited by Aelitafrommars

Agreed!

Further on this, in the Pandemic app, you can Undo up to 4 actions.  This is incase of accidental button pressing (or changing of actions during one turn).  I advanced the game twice by accident – possibly as a result of the OP – and it furthered story but was not intended.

The continue button is a real problem in the app. If you touch anywhere on the screen it continues. Unlike the other buttons for example confirm, where you have to click on the button itself. 

It is just too easy to accidentally skip important text. I found it really annoying. 

Not an excuse for them, but don't miss the Message Log.  You can go back and re-read something you might have missed.  Really, the bigger problem is when you accidentally make a choice you didn't mean to.  THAT you're stuck with. :-(

Not an excuse for them, but don't miss the Message Log.  You can go back and re-read something you might have missed.  Really, the bigger problem is when you accidentally make a choice you didn't mean to.  THAT you're stuck with. :-(

It's a bit of a stretch, but technically you may go through that as well. Save often, and in case you do a wrong choice, quit the scenario without saving and reload (this implies total stability of the app, so I agree it'd be better if they fixed the continue button)

It's a bit of a stretch, but technically you may go through that as well. Save often, and in case you do a wrong choice, quit the scenario without saving and reload (this implies total stability of the app, so I agree it'd be better if they fixed the continue button)

Well, there is that.  That's a Tough Sell in a group setting in the middle of a game, of course.  Solo play, no problem.

As a note on this, the app auto-saves every time the phase changes, so if you restore, you'll go back to the end of the last phase.  So you'd want to follow these instructions before moving to the next phase.