Sign in to follow this  
Ridge363

The Emon Slam

The latest wave spoiler adds some crazy new dynamics with an illicit slot on a rebel ship.

I had a crazy idea. Give Emon Azzameen burn out slam plus the advanced slam modification. Through in the Andrasta title and some cluster mines for one crazy opening slingshot maneuver.

I doubt this would be the new meta, but it would be fun.

What do you guys think?

The latest wave spoiler adds some crazy new dynamics with an illicit slot on a rebel ship.

I had a crazy idea. Give Emon Azzameen burn out slam plus the advanced slam modification. Through in the Andrasta title and some cluster mines for one crazy opening slingshot maneuver.

What do you guys think?

Has someone measured out the distance this thing would travel if it did a Burnout SLAM into a 4K, then dropped a bomb using the R3 templates?

What do you guys think?

Has someone measured out the distance this thing would travel if it did a Burnout SLAM into a 4K, then dropped a bomb using the R3 templates?

all the distance... all of it...

Assuming as far forward as possible that should be...all the distance. 

From the front of the ship in its starting position 4 + ship (2) + 4 + ship (2) + 3 = 15.

If you then move 1 forward, the second bomb could be as close as a 2 template from the first bomb.

You don't get a stress from the K-turn on the slam preventing the advanced slam action?

From the front of the ship in its starting position 4 + ship (2) + 4 + ship (2) + 3 = 15.

If you then move 1 forward, the second bomb could be as close as a 2 template from the first bomb.

You don't get a stress from the K-turn on the slam preventing the advanced slam action?

myup; maneuvers are manuevers

enter chopper!

enter chopper!

Rebels only get a max of 13 and the second bomb would be 5 away from the first.  (Chopper + Sabine Crew).

enter chopper!

Rebels only get a max of 13 and the second bomb would be 5 away from the first.  (Chopper + Sabine Crew).

Don't you mean 14?  YT-2400/1300 4 Straight + 4K SLAM + Chopper + AdvSLAM (or more usefully EI) + Bombadier + Conners Net?

4 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 14, plus 2 for distance of Conners = 16.  16 bases = 6.4 Ranges.  A 3x3 is 9 Ranges wide, less 2 for starting at R1 from the edge, brings you to 6.4 out of 7... ALMOST there.  For what it's worth, Emon would get to 6.8, which would be enough to ensure you snag the template at least.

Or you know... Just take Han Solo ...

enter chopper!

Don't you mean 14?  YT-2400/1300 4 Straight + 4K SLAM + Chopper + AdvSLAM (or more usefully EI) + Bombadier + Conners Net?

4 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 14, plus 2 for distance of Conners = 16.  16 bases = 6.4 Ranges.  A 3x3 is 9 Ranges wide, less 2 for starting at R1 from the edge, brings you to 6.4 out of 7... ALMOST there.  For what it's worth, Emon would get to 6.8, which would be enough to ensure you snag the template at least.

Nope. Only 1 crew slot on the 2400, and you need Sabine in one of the 2 slots on the 1300 so you're not getting bombardier there either.

Why Cluster Mines?  Wouldn't a Prox Mine or Conner Net be better?

Also - with no dial revealed yet, is it possible that the Quad Jumper may be able to make use of the Burn Out Slam this way?

It has a bomb, crew and illicit slot and in the article it said it is "full of new maneuvers and dirty tricks."

enter chopper!

Original post was talking about emon azzameen, which lets you use the 3 straight. The problem being how you drop a bomb after a kturn

Why Cluster Mines?  Wouldn't a Prox Mine or Conner Net be better?

Also - with no dial revealed yet, is it possible that the Quad Jumper may be able to make use of the Burn Out Slam this way?

It has a bomb, crew and illicit slot and in the article it said it is "full of new maneuvers and dirty tricks."

Large ship only.

swx57-burnout-slam.png

only works once :(

honestly, the ASLAM warden is fun enough and, for some reason, no one's flying it

Torpboats are a hard counter - too many HP to care, relatively capable of withstanding immobilisation, and plasma torps are all but built to laugh at a K-wings durability.

I'm likewise kinda peeved at how the G1A became obsolete on release thanks to the Uboat being in the same wave.

What do you guys think?

Go ahead, drop a cluster mine on the Inquisitor. IDGAF, I can just Palp away the damage.

Palp ruins everything.

What do you guys think?

Go ahead, drop a cluster mine on the Inquisitor. IDGAF, I can just Palp away the damage.

Palp ruins everything.

dude

why

the

would you EVER drop clusters?

conners, son!

auto-win v palp aces with sabine. just two and POOF, bye bye soontir (or inqy)

don't waste time with dice mines, we have the rest of the game for dice

Edited by ficklegreendice

What do you guys think?

all the distance... all of it...

Assuming as far forward as possible that should be...all the distance.

Jup, all the distance. The map is 22, you do a 4 straight, that's 6, next comes that 4k that's 12, next comes the 3 template and we are down to 15. R1 is 2.5 and we are down to 17.5. With the minimum move of the enemy ships being 2, we are at 19.5 and they are usually placed within range 1, which adds another 2.5 which brings us down to 22.

Which means we are the size of the bomb over the top. ^-^

edit: And indeed, how to drop the thing after the k-turn is the issue. Its still red and chopper is alliance only, so is is sabine crew. Some weaknesses are still blocking this ^-^

Edited by SEApocalypse

What do you guys think?

Emon has no Elite or System slot, so you'd have no way to do the action to drop the bomb after the 4K.

You'd have to do 3-forward>3-turn>bomb.  Still swift, still unpredictable.

Still probably too expensive :(

Edited by thespaceinvader