Sign in to follow this  
testobviouslyfalse

HOTR is all about painter hate

I choose to believe that Luke C was being truthful however the backlash caused him to claim he was trolling.

No good troll would actually admit to trolling, the only reason to do so is to attempt to cover up being an idiot. A good troll would attempt to push this as long as possible.

A good troll will make an offhand comment and let 2 other people fight over it.

I get it, black orange Poe sells models, so does engine glow falcon. Seriously though, if you can't paint it you shouldn't play it. FFG is trying to get the hobby out of the game. This is by far the worst expansion for hobbyists.

My hobby is flying ships, not painting them.

I keep my nonsense to my threads (mostly). If you hate it, there is a block button in your profile. Feel free to use it.

Thing is, people are now going to just assume you're a troll if they've seen this. Hampers your ability to be seen as sincere somewhat.

eh, the people that know me in 'the real life' is all i real care about. You plebs on the internet are good for a laugh now and then but in reality I really don't care what you think about me. so do better at painting your stuff and stop buying "crutch" ffg painted products.

well if I stopped doing things every time I felt like an idiot I wouldn't fly plastic ships around.

Then I must say with sincerity I feel sorry for you. You should feel good for what you do and not like an idiot. Your post, if a joke, is a terrible one. One that later you said you are fully serious. You've called players lazy, said they don't deserve to play a game they enjoy, then said 'only trolling'. If you were serious then it is truly a shame to be such a snobbish player. If you were trolling, as you later said, then as above, you've called players lazy, said they don't deserve to play. Shame on you.

P.S. Yes I have been at LGS with the same attitude that you display here. If you don't paint you shouldn't play. So I simply took my business else where along with many other gamers. The store is gone now but many of us still play.

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

So if the likes of Paul Heaver cant paint they should quit right now......riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

I hate painting, it's a game, I chose a game that I dont have to paint a thing to play so thats great. There are gamers and there are painters, rarely are they the same person. 

I think Luke C may be the first to go on the ignore list. PGS may complain incessantly about Palp Acewing, but generally it is always from  a non troll perspective. Trolls are child like morons with little personal power that find some sense of being something through unintelligent behaviour.

I have run out of likes for the day, sorry to those that have missed out, Luke C, come down and collect your ****** of the day award.

well if I stopped doing things every time I felt like an idiot I wouldn't fly plastic ships around.

Then I must say with sincerity I feel sorry for you. You should feel good for what you do and not like an idiot. You post if a joke is a terrible one. One that later you said you are fully serious. You've called players lazy, said they don't deserve to play a game they enjoy then said only trolling. If were serious then it is truly a shame to be such a snobbish player. If you were trolling as you later said then as above, you've called players lazy, said they don't deserve to play. Shame on you.

P.S. Yes I have been at LGS with the same attitude that you display here. If you don't paint you shouldn't play. So I simply took my business else where along with many other gamers. The store is gone now but many of us still play.

aww shucks. *nods head in shame* you totally changed my mind on how I feel about this. Apparently I am really striking a nerve with all of you, hearing this anonymous person on the internet whom you will most likely have zero interaction with in the future tell you how to play with your toys! I really feel sorry for you. 

nom. nom. nom.

So if the likes of Paul Heaver cant paint they should quit right now......riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

I hate painting, it's a game, I chose a game that I dont have to paint a thing to play so thats great. There are gamers and there are painters, rarely are they the same person. 

I think Luke C may be the first to go on the ignore list. PGS may complain incessantly about Palp Acewing, but generally it is always from  a non troll perspective. Trolls are child like morons with little personal power that find some sense of being something through unintelligent behaviour.

I have run out of likes for the day, sorry to those that have missed out, Luke C, come down and collect your ****** of the day award.

Hey man, in all seriousness, if you are actually taking anything I have to say to heart, you are giving anons on the internet way too much power. Im sorry you don't paint well, it will be OK.

oh and thanks for a successful page 4 and 5, if it wasnt for you this thread wouldn't be possible. Paint your ships.

I keep my nonsense to my threads (mostly). If you hate it, there is a block button in your profile. Feel free to use it.

Thing is, people are now going to just assume you're a troll if they've seen this. Hampers your ability to be seen as sincere somewhat.

eh, the people that know me in 'the real life' is all i real care about. You plebs on the internet are good for a laugh now and then but in reality I really don't care what you think about me. so do better at painting your stuff and stop buying "crutch" ffg painted products.

The fact that you try to explain yourself clearly shows that you care what we think about you. You don't have anyone in the real life to care about, otherwise you would not spend your time trolling on the internet desperately seeking attention.

The fact that you try to explain yourself clearly shows that you care what we think about you. You don't have anyone in the real life to care about, otherwise you would not spend your time trolling on the internet desperately seeking attention.

Ubul, you hurt my feelings. Have you painted your ships yet? only people who have painted their ships have a right to comment on these message boards.

Then I must say with sincerity I feel sorry for you. You should feel good for what you do and not like an idiot. You post if a joke is a terrible one. One that later you said you are fully serious. You've called players lazy, said they don't deserve to play a game they enjoy then said only trolling. If were serious then it is truly a shame to be such a snobbish player. If you were trolling as you later said then as above, you've called players lazy, said they don't deserve to play. Shame on you.

aww shucks. *nods head in shame* you totally changed my mind on how I feel about this. Apparently I am really striking a nerve with all of you, hearing this anonymous person on the internet whom you will most likely have zero interaction with in the future tell you how to play with your toys! I really feel sorry for you. 

nom. nom. nom.

Hey man, in all seriousness, if you are actually taking anything I have to say to heart, you are giving anons on the internet way too much power. Im sorry you don't paint well, it will be OK.

oh and thanks for a successful page 4 and 5, if it wasnt for you this thread wouldn't be possible. Paint your ships.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about. Bye kid, cant wait to meet you when you grow up, but by all this I am guessing thats a long way off. 

You go back to dice hammer like a good little boy. 

Fake complaint thread is overused idiom.

Only I'm serious?

In many ways xwing should be like Imperial Assault, paint your crap, invest your time and put in the work. I understand that many players are way too lazy to do this, so im all for regular paint jobs. but im a little bummed about the engine glow, now its like its pay to have your ships look cool.

Your assuming that someone not painting a model means they're lazy but they may not have the skill and/or time to do it.

My point is that Black/Orange and engine glow is OP for a single release. This is Imperial Aces all over again. 

Except it's not just Imperial Aces all over again. I'm happy to - and have tried - repainting my ships (they look pretty poor, but hey, they're mine).

The Heroes of the Resistance isn't just repaints, it's also resculpts, and that I wouldn't be able to do very well at all. The Falcon has the new sensor dish, whilst the T-70 has BB-8 instead of an R2/R3. Minor changes, but enough to be noticeable.

Ubul, you hurt my feelings. Have you painted your ships yet? only people who have painted their ships have a right to comment on these message boards.

And that sounded an awful lot like an evasion.

nom. nom. nom.

Striking a nerve? No, more like plucking heartstrings. There are two types of responses on this thread from anyone who realises you're attempting to troll: rolled eyes and sympathy.

nom. nom. nom.

Posts like this make me want to punch puppies.  Man... just don't be a jerk. Just don't.  Indulge in the hobby YOUR way, and let others do the same.  And no, I don't care that you've successfully trolled me.  If it gives you kicks, that says more about you than me. 

I get it, black orange Poe sells models, so does engine glow falcon. Seriously though, if you can't paint it you shouldn't play it. FFG is trying to get the hobby out of the game. This is by far the worst expansion for hobbyists. 

I think X-Wing is just modelling-free. I mean, you can modify/paint whatever you want, not just miniatures. There's people who paint their playstations, so...but I can say that I start X-wing just because I was sick to paint a lot of miniatures (yeah, another games workshop son over here).

X-Wing have preassembled, prepainted miniatures. Never thought about as a modelling game :-/