Sign in to follow this  
testobviouslyfalse

HOTR is all about painter hate

Fake complaint thread is overused idiom.

Only I'm serious?

In many ways xwing should be like Imperial Assault, paint your crap, invest your time and put in the work. I understand that many players are way too lazy to do this, so im all for regular paint jobs. but im a little bummed about the engine glow, now its like its pay to have your ships look cool.

Lazy? Lazy? How the hell do you even dare to suggest people are lazy?

I've a job, a wife, several hobbies and a house to keep up. I have better things to do with my time than spend it repainting perfectly good models, or even painting unpainted models.

I am playing a game and adding a threshold to playing is not going to grow the hobby and add more players.

Maybe that is what you want, a nice tiny little clubhouse where you get to decide who is worthy of playing with you in dank cellars, most people however, want to actually play.

Seriously, lazy? Because I've got a life?

As a hobbyist and professional painter of figures and toys this thread is hilarious. 

Personally I love that FFG provides painted models so I do not have to play against a see of grey plastic or ships that are simply primed.

If you're a hobbyist and want more from X-Wing, then you have the option of painting your purchases. Getting mad that people are able to play with models that are painted is silly. 

And the assumption that people are lazy is simply ignorant.

Edited by Spikenog

Vote for keeping this thread alive forever.

Did feel a little bad for my opponent at GenCon with Sabine... To be at the announcement itself... Much worse. Great looking ship but they did an great job with Poe. My 5 year old week love flying him.

I get it, black orange Poe sells models, so does engine glow falcon. Seriously though, if you can't paint it you shouldn't play it. FFG is trying to get the hobby out of the game. This is by far the worst expansion for hobbyists. 

um what

No, seriously, I don't get this. If you don't paint models then here's a way to get a black-orange Poe and a nice Falcon model. If you do paint models and you've already got a black Poe then given you have the ability to repaint models and just repaint the new ships into something else.

I get it, black orange Poe sells models, so does engine glow falcon. Seriously though, if you can't paint it you shouldn't play it. FFG is trying to get the hobby out of the game. This is by far the worst expansion for hobbyists. 

um what

No, seriously, I don't get this. If you don't paint models then here's a way to get a black-orange Poe and a nice Falcon model. If you do paint models and you've already got a black Poe then given you have the ability to repaint models and just repaint the new ships into something else.

How dare you be reasonable here Blue-Sir... How... dare... You!!!

REB%2BNEW%2BX-WING%2BT-70.PNG

Wait.... what? If you want to paint models, by all means, do. I love to paint minis, but I'm a middle-aged Dad with a demanding job. When I get time to paint, I usually do a special figure. One thing I dig about this game, is that the factory paint jobs are pretty decent. But hey, if don't like.... don't buy! In the case of HOTR, I think the REAL goodies are in the cards.

Edited by RedSixStandingBy

The OP has admitted he really was trolling, guys. Let the dumb thread die, okay?

Yeah he did...that makes him an ***hole with too much time on his hands who clearly just wants to wave a red rag infront of a bull. The problem with this choice of lifestyle? The next bull might trample or impale you, and I hope that it does. Metaphorically of course, I'd never wish death on someone, just a hit with the banhammer.

The OP has admitted he really was trolling, guys. Let the dumb thread die, okay?

Yeah he did...that makes him an ***hole with too much time on his hands who clearly just wants to wave a red rag infront of a bull. The problem with this choice of lifestyle? The next bull might trample or impale you, and I hope that it does. Metaphorically of course, I'd never wish death on someone, just a hit with the banhammer.

Oh you guys are too much!! Here is to a third page of people still on the hook!

Only I'm serious?

In many ways xwing should be like Imperial Assault, paint your crap, invest your time and put in the work. I understand that many players are way too lazy to do this, so im all for regular paint jobs. but im a little bummed about the engine glow, now its like its pay to have your ships look cool. 

Ok that was fun, thanks for the troll. Make sure to tell everyone with the new xpac how awesome their engine glow looks! 

Whelp... end of page 2 and im still hooking em, Im like icarus and flew too close to the sun. the thread is now self sustaining. Thanks for all the fish.

It's worth noting that if you're going for the joke, then double down, then claim it was just a troll... well, you lied. In public.

Hope your integrity was worth the 'joke', because you really only get one strike on that sort of nonsense. Oh, you can argue that in the age of the internet and ubiquitous anonymity, claims of 'integrity' are blowhard or old fashioned... but when you're running a recognizable account, you're no longer anonymous. People might not know each other on an individual basis... but they can certainly keep track of whether a certain accounts opinions are worth anyone's time.

Which is to say: Threads like this are dumb, folks. And people will increasingly remember you are dumb for making them. Personally, I'd rather at least try to earn a modicum of weight behind my words, rather than learning the forum has an ignore-list the hard way.

Only I'm serious?

Ok that was fun, thanks for the troll. Make sure to tell everyone with the new xpac how awesome their engine glow looks!

Whelp... end of page 2 and im still hooking em, Im like icarus and flew too close to the sun. the thread is now self sustaining. Thanks for all the fish.

It's worth noting that if you're going for the joke, then double down, then claim it was just a troll... well, you lied. In public.

Hope your integrity was worth the 'joke', because you really only get one strike on that sort of nonsense. Oh, you can argue that in the age of the internet and ubiquitous anonymity, claims of 'integrity' are blowhard or old fashioned... but when you're running a recognizable account, you're no longer anonymous. People might not know each other on an individual basis... but they can certainly keep track of whether a certain accounts opinions are worth anyone's time.

Which is to say: Threads like this are dumb, folks. And people will increasingly remember you are dumb for making them. Personally, I'd rather at least try to earn a modicum of weight behind my words, rather than learning the forum has an ignore-list the hard way.

It's not the first time I've done this. Chill out. Go away or don't. You understand that you getting upset about my integrity is hilarious. People like me or they don't. I'm cool with that.

Only I'm serious?

Ahhh man.  Does that mean I've earned negative karma for my "Ewoks in Spaaaace" thread this weekend??

Oh you guys are too much!! Here is to a third page of people still on the hook!

After I really hard decision of wether or not I should reply to this, I'm just gonna say this:

FFG said they weren't going to release card-only expansions. They never said they'd rerelease ships with (mostly) good cards (although Finn really isn't helping my point).

The way I look at it- we get awesome upgrades that might/will bring back the Falcon and T-70. The painted ships are just an added bonus.

But hey, if you'd rather have an exact duplicate of the T-70 and Falcon, well fine by me. But I'm taking the newly painted ones.

Only I'm serious?

It's not the first time I've done this. Chill out. Go away or don't. You understand that you getting upset about my integrity is hilarious. People like me or they don't. I'm cool with that.

Upset? Naw. I was actually attempting diplomacy.  If you find my 'getting upset' to be hilarious, you're laughing at something that isn't there, or at least misreading my intent. Shrug.

Yes, I've noticed this isn't the first time you've done this. I was trying to help steer you towards being a useful contributor. With the exponential growth in popularity this game is experiencing, the signal to noise ratio is dropping fast enough without people being deliberate about it.

Only I'm serious?

Upset? Naw. I was actually attempting diplomacy.  If you find my 'getting upset' to be hilarious, you're laughing at something that isn't there, or at least misreading my intent. Shrug.

Yes, I've noticed this isn't the first time you've done this. I was trying to help steer you towards being a useful contributor. With the exponential growth in popularity this game is experiencing, the signal to noise ratio is dropping fast enough without people being deliberate about it.

I keep my nonsense to my threads (mostly). If you hate it, there is a block button in your profile. Feel free to use it.

Only I'm serious?

Ahhh man.  Does that mean I've earned negative karma for my "Ewoks in Spaaaace" thread this weekend??

I missed that one. Was it deliberate humor? 'cuz that's generally fine. Whether or not any given joke is funny or not, of course, is somewhat variable. ;)

I choose to believe that Luke C was being truthful however the backlash caused him to claim he was trolling.

No good troll would actually admit to trolling, the only reason to do so is to attempt to cover up being an idiot. A good troll would attempt to push this as long as possible.

True.  Either way, another name for the ignore list, whether he's a lame troll or just a bad comedian.

Only I'm serious?

I missed that one. Was it deliberate humor? 'cuz that's generally fine. Whether or not any given joke is funny or not, of course, is somewhat variable. ;)

Yes, deliberate, and (I suspect), obviously so.  I do what I can to lighten these boards, although, as you pointed out, mileage may vary. :o