Sign in to follow this  
testobviouslyfalse

HOTR is all about painter hate

I can repaint the Black+Orange T-70 into whatever I want just as easily as I can repaint a Gray+Blue T-70.  And my Black+Orange T-70 is still superior to the factory paint job Black+Orange T-70.  

So unless your point is that you're crying over the fact that others have a Black+Orange T-70, what's your point?

I cant paint, i get my wife to do ships on occasion (i have a black t-70). I for one love that its pre-painted and they come out with other paint versions.

Your attitude frankly is awful, nothing is stopping you from painting even if ffg sells painted models in different styles.

How on earth is this bad for you? how does it stop you from painting? you need to be the only one with a black x-wing on the table to feel special? Did FFG just rip your special snowflake title up by giving people other paint schems? 

Fake complaint thread is overused idiom.

Only I'm serious?

In many ways xwing should be like Imperial Assault, paint your crap, invest your time and put in the work. I understand that many players are way too lazy to do this, so im all for regular paint jobs. but im a little bummed about the engine glow, now its like its pay to have your ships look cool. 

Only I'm serious?

In many ways xwing should be like Imperial Assault, paint your crap, invest your time and put in the work. I understand that many players are way too lazy to do this, so im all for regular paint jobs. but im a little bummed about the engine glow, now its like its pay to have your ships look cool. 

Perhaps you need to step up your game then.  Why settle for a painted engine glow when you can have an LED engine GLOW?

Only I'm serious?

My mistake - when you said the black/orange and engine glow were OP for one release, it seemed you were being facetious.  How could a mini's paintejob be OP?

In that case, I say to you "NAY!"

As others have said, the pre-painted nature of X-Wing is a major draw.  I've painted (and not painted) enough 40k, fantasy, and LOTR models to completely appreciate being able to play a game without needing to touch brush to mini.  The fact that they are very friendly to repainting is a bonus which I have yet to take advantage of.  If they were not painted, I would have purchased far fewer X-Wing products which I'm sure FFG would not like.

Painting Imperial Assault is a gigantic undertaking. I am so thankful that X-Wing and Armada are pre-painted. Whenever I get around to magnet modding every ship, I'll paint engine glow with nice gradients and appropriate shading, but since I won't get around to that for probably two years, I'm reveling in the fantastic stock quality.

Actually having a second Falcon means I go wild & wacky on the paint scheme! 

I'd screwed my original Falcon up and when the new one was announced I decided to paint it, like, bright pink or something.  Just before I did so I had one last try and rescuing my crappy paint job and miraculously succeeded... http://imgur.com/gallery/x4KE4

That mean's it's going to be this second one that's going bright pink.

Only I'm serious?

People could already pay for cooler looking ships, only difference is this is official and through FFG. It's ridiculous to say that people who either lack the talent or time to make cool looking paint jobs shouldn't be allowed to have them.

Only I'm serious?

Perhaps you need to step up your game then.  Why settle for a painted engine glow when you can have an LED engine GLOW?

like this?

http://i.imgur.com/IesfwtC.jpg 

Only I'm serious?

How about you bugger off to GW if that's a serious complaint.

Seriously, whiniest, most baseless thing I have seen in months, and I do not feel bad for calling you on that.

Only I'm serious?

like this?

SCREENSHOT.jpg

Doesn't show much...  Or rather, shows FAR too much   :D

Only I'm serious?

like this?

SCREENSHOT.jpg

Doesn't show much...  Or rather, shows FAR too much   :D

fixed?