Sign in to follow this  
streamdragon

The Garbage Will Do

I know we're unlikely to get many FAQs about missions and other non-competitive play, but how will new Han's ability work with missions that use non-standard deployment zones?  I feel like he may straight up break a few of the existing missions if his ability is just allowed to happen as printed.

I think you'd have to ignore his ability in missions or it'd totally mess it up.

Yeah I immediately thought of this too.

I'm sure this isn't the first ship to wreck missions, but, hey, it's Han, he always breaks the rules and pulls sneaky stuff.

Seeing that it's just missions he can be easily banned. Or just ban any ships and upgrades not available when the mission was first released.

Forgot to mention

while I hate the MF in this game, I have to give 50,000 kudos to the pilot abilities they gave Chewie and Han, because they're perfect mirrors to what happens in the Force Awakens

Han had that sick hyperspace landing

and Chewie, well...

https://youtu.be/RpX7dyTfgzI?t=104

imagine how sick Chewie would be if it only worked once, but triggered the moment someone within range 2 of him got hit at all?

That would literally put him on Biggs level of attention. Even unmodded, free 3/4 dice in the form of a wookie rage would be pretty mean.

People have brought up how powerful Dengar's doubleattack is but even if you take a Zswarm, Dengar will get his ability off more than chewie and scum have far better "Buff THIS Ship" mentality than rebels do (as in stuff that ship can take to make that ship mean but do nothing for other ships). Plus, Dengar doesnt require you to lose a ship, which means Dengaroo is a thing while Chewie + Corran will not.

Forgot to mention

while I hate the MF in this game, I have to give 50,000 kudos to the pilot abilities they gave Chewie and Han, because they're perfect mirrors to what happens in the Force Awakens

Han had that sick hyperspace landing

and Chewie, well...

https://youtu.be/RpX7dyTfgzI?t=104

OMG SPOILER!!!  YOU'VE RUINED THE FILM FOR ME YOU ****ARD!

JK

Han Solo crew card may not be huge only but he might as well be. There is...literally no reason to ever use him except on a ship that cant get focus tokens lol

Cant even say he's a good fallback because unless you happened to not have a focus that turn and rolled a bunch of focus and had a banked targetlock, still wont help much lol. Rather use that slot for Ezra which would only be 1 crit in that scenario but also 1 crit in many, many others.

Han Solo crew card may not be huge only but he might as well be. There is...literally no reason to ever use him except on a ship that cant get focus tokens lol

Cant even say he's a good fallback because unless you happened to not have a focus that turn and rolled a bunch of focus and had a banked targetlock, still wont help much lol. Rather use that slot for Ezra which would only be 1 crit in that scenario but also 1 crit in many, many others.

VCX's with FCS disagree with you fully.

Edited by Kdubb

the sky is falling - yet again..  :rolleyes:

Yup, and threads like this reminds me why I stopped posting here nearly as much and why people like VS and others have basically left.

I keep checking the boards but until there's something more interesting then yet another 'Palp breaks the game', 'Scum is OP'ed' and 'New expansion sucks' threads to read... I just don't bother responding much.

I just wonder what changed over time .. is it people who wander off other systems to xwing that overreact? is it just a huge influx in rude people who don't even recognise their "know it all, and know it all better"-attitude is quite offensive that come out of nowhere? are people mushrooms ( :D )?

are there "more mature" boards where one can meet a more civilised crowd? .. do we have the coordinates of that rebel base and how can we keep it secret?! ;-) 

It happens in the lifetime of every message board for a game, particularly MMOs.  Things settle in, entrenched ways of thought take hold, strong personalities emerge, and anything that flies against the group-think doesn't settle in very well.

Han crew on FCS B-wing.

That's all I can think of.

Han Solo crew would be money IF you didn't have to spend the TL

poor Norra would've loved it :(

^ This! Han Solo crew has found a place competitively in a popular list. So has Tactical Jammers (VCX-Biggs), and people are calling for a Deadeye nerf. Not every upgrade card has to be universally good and find it's way into multiple competitive lists. Those cards (FCS, VI, etc.) have their place, but some cards have niche uses that may only break out into the competitive scene every so often. We do new upgrade cards a disservice by comparing them to universally good upgrade cards and stopping there. Our first instinct shouldn't necessarily be to evaluate these cards in a vacuum, but try to think of one or two places that card may be effective.

For Finn that place is clearly Rey, or other LW/new title Falcons. Since people like playing with new toys, he will see some competitive play when he first comes out. This is more than can be said for a lot of other upgrade cards. Again, rather than saying "In a vacuum I would ALWAYS choose X crew over Y crew," doesn't it make more sense to say "If I were to use Y crew, here are some builds where it would be useful?" and build from there.  

Sadly, Dash crew is a much better fit for that second VCX crew slot. Being able to ignore obstacles during the combat phase is huge, especially since you'll probably want to take a focus for your action when you move at PS3, as you won't know who will be available to shoot during combat.

The first crew slot will always be occupied by Hera.

Kinda surprised there isn't that much Rey crew talk, she is a really solid upgrade. replaces Kyle Katarn crew in a bunch of lists, like having that 58 dash come in at 57 ain't much but it's something. Give her to Norra on the ARC for some decent attacks as well. Rey even looks good on sabine's tie as a cheap way for multiple actions. I'm sure there are plenty of other uses that I haven't mentioned too

1. Oh wow ... Han is such a bugger ... LOL ... here you have your hard counter to Palp Aces

------------------------------------------

swx57-smuggling-compartment.png

if you equip this, you can't go with Engine Upgrade - obviously for a reason.

If you go with the one-time slam - what mod would you equip with the falcon?

1. Oh wow ... Han is such a bugger ... LOL ... here you have your hard counter to Palp Aces

------------------------------------------

swx57-smuggling-compartment.png

if you equip this, you can't go with Engine Upgrade - obviously for a reason.

If you go with the one-time slam - what mod would you equip with the falcon?

Advanced SLAM, Sabine Wren, Conner Net.

Stupid as all get out, but the look on someones face when you deploy in their zone with Han and conner net them round 1... priceless.