Sign in to follow this  
streamdragon

The Garbage Will Do

Hard to think of a defensive use for Finn. Autothrusters would be cool but I cannot think of any Rebel ship with Boost action and Crew slots. How about anything with Tech slots? He would work well with Sensor Clusters against big attacks but again we lack anything with that. Ironically he would be really good in a Tie/SF.  :rolleyes:

All I can think of is that maybe something we haven't seen on the U-Wing might play well with Finn.  Not entirely likely, since FFG seems averse to strong defensive boosting cards (sup Flight Instructor).

The new smuggling compartment gives you another (3 or less modification), so that means Engine Upgrade + Autothrusters on the Falcon, right?

So Finn auto gives an evade on defense... think that is how it was meant...

Nevermind, you trade one of those for the illicit.

Edited by Soulflame

5 points for Finn seems a bit steep.

seriously, that's a 2 point card

technically, cards that don't do anything by themselves should be 0 points

Yeah, that would be kind of nutso with Threepio and Rey. They are going a bit conservative with him. I mean, do you want another Threepio? 

with torp scouts? sure

the falcon's DOA as is; I want something any other ship can use without shooting itself in the foot please

this is shaping up to be a worthless expansion, sadly. the t-70, t-70 related upgrades and epts will have to carry

An expansion doesn't need to be top tier to have value. 

Rey crew and Chewie seem awesome though. Really excited for both of those.

There is also no "once per round" restriction on Chewie. So, in the case you do fly him with a bunch of Zs, he can get multiple shots even outside of his usual shot. Pretty sweet.

Rey crew just sounds great. Far too often go in to next round with unused focus. Yippee! No longer!

Yeah, that would be kind of nutso with Threepio and Rey. They are going a bit conservative with him. I mean, do you want another Threepio? 

with torp scouts? sure

the falcon's DOA as is; I want something any other ship can use without shooting itself in the foot please

this is shaping up to be a worthless expansion, sadly. the t-70, t-70 related upgrades and epts will have to carry

It sure doesn't hurt though. Jumpmasters were sold off of shelves in mass due to their competitive viability.

with torp scouts? sure

it doesn't have to be top tier

it does have to not live up to its preview name (i.e, it has to not be garbage)

so far it is

still hope (plenty of stuff left unspoiled), but so far it's pretty worthless

Ok but seriously though. Give me a reason to use the Resistance Han over Rebel Han. It seems like absolutely no competition to me. All you are doing with Res Han is putting him in to clear danger on his own, and making it VERY easy for the opponent to prioritize the first target. Unless you are a miracle worker at baiting and force the opponent to tail him for like, the entire game while your other ships get free shots, I don't think I would ever use him.

Edited by Kdubb

Rey crew will see a lot of play. A LOT of play im sure.

2pts to not only hang onto a focus for later but free your action for a TL or broll or boost next turn.

Also...bit of a hidden gem here.. anybody notice that Rey crew doesnt mention anything about not assigning the focus next turn? it says may which means you can do a Moldy Crow effect here...though you can only take 1 off at a time so not quite as awesome. It also dodges some start of combat anti-token shenanigans, because its not "assigned to your ship" so long as you DONT do your combat phase stuff first, you got your tokens.

Bank up several focus tokens early on, slugging forward so you got 2-3 of them on the card when its time to fight, and you can now double-focus when the fighting begins or TL + Focus for a hard hit.

Me likey!

Can we see anything Chewie pairs with well outside of Zs? His ability is great, but it is going to be hard to fit enough ships in there to really make it worthwhile.

Edited by Kdubb

What about Rey crew card with Nora? I really want to make an Arc work.

That would work pretty well, spending a TL for a guaranteed extra hit. You would probably only want to use it when you had rolled at least 2+ hits though, otherwise the reroll will probably be better.

She might work well on a Kanan Ghost too.

Ok but seriously though. Give me a reason to use the Resistance Han over Rebel Han. It seems like absolutely no competition to me. All you are doing with Res Han is putting him in to clear danger on his own, and making it VERY easy for the opponent to prioritize the first target. Unless you are a miracle working at baiting and force the opponent to tail him for like, the entire game while your other ships get free shots, I don't think I would ever use him.

Tactician on Han; Shut down the Manaroo pair of Dengaroo on Round 1.

hate to quote prequels on this, but

the garbage will do?

64379760.jpg

Not impressed by the new Han, sadly.  Sell me on him.

Love the engine glow and the black X-Wing.

new Han:

hilariously awesome ability that completely changes the game on a ship that's competitively defunct and takes up more than half your list

i.e a complete waste of an awesome idea