Sign in to follow this  
TheEasternKing

Thinking of giving this a try out....

I have always played Imperials, but I have decided it's time to try playing Rebels.

I have played around with several different Rebel builds, but I think I am going to try this one out first.

Rebel 5 ship

Faction: Rebel Alliance 

Commander: General Madine

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery 
Defense Objective: Fire Lanes 
Navigation Objective: Superior Positions 

MC80 Star Cruiser (96 points)
-  Mon Karren  ( 8  points) 
-  Raymus Antilles  ( 7  points) 
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
-  XX-9 Turbolasers  ( 5  points) 
-  SW 7 Ion Batteries  ( 5  points) 
135 total ship cost

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points) 
-  H9 Turbolasers  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
80 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
26 total ship cost

-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
26 total ship cost

[ flagship ] GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  General Madine  ( 30  points) 
-  Bright Hope  ( 2  points) 
50 total ship cost

X-Wing Squadrons ( 52 points) 
Y-Wing Squadrons ( 20 points) 

Obviously I want to be player one, and took a lot of my inspiration from my previous all ship builds for Imperials, this has the added advantage of 6 squadrons, with rerolls on ship attacks. The Mon Karren, yes I took X-17's not a popular choice with that ship title, my thoughts were to use it like a larger Demolisher, 5 activations should allow me a last/first jump on something, and I wanted that to be as devastating as possible, I put Raymus on instead of the Intel Officer to allow it to get maximum use from Madine.

I am open to feedback, as I've never really played a Rebel build myself(yes I have played against many, but nothing since wave 2.)

I don't like the idea of the flagship being a flotilla. It only takes one accuracy to shut down your scatter.

I also see diminishing returns on two flotillas with BCCs. Maybe replace one BCC with comms net t

o pass extra navigate tokens to take advantage of Madine.

Other than that the liberty and the mc30 looks solid.

Edited by Nickvr628

I don't like the idea of the flagship being a flotilla. It only takes one accuracy to shut down your scatter.

I also see diminishing returns on two flotillas with BCCs. Maybe replace one BCC with comms net t

o pass extra navigate tokens to take advantage of Madine.

Other than that the liberty and the mc30 looks solid.

Flagship flotilla is there for an activation, and to fly along the edge of the board, staying well away from any and all danger, I added Bright hope to help with attacks from squadrons.

I have 4 X-wings, which get a red bomber dice, you don't think some redundancy is warranted with them fickle red dice? granted I only have 6 squadrons in total, and they could end up not attacking a ship  the entire 6 rounds, I guess it is a 16pt gamble/investment for an additional threat from a different area of the board other than the Liberty/MC30.

I will look at perhaps using Slicer Tools instead? on the 2nd Flotilla.

Thanks for your feedback. 

Actually I like the bright hope lifeboat for madine. He doesn't really need to be anywhere near the fight anyway. This looks pretty solid to me, although the two points for comms net to pass the extra nav could be well spent. Depends on your meta I suppose, 389-391 is one of those breakpoints on my table.

Actually I like the bright hope lifeboat for madine. He doesn't really need to be anywhere near the fight anyway. This looks pretty solid to me, although the two points for comms net to pass the extra nav could be well spent. Depends on your meta I suppose, 389-391 is one of those breakpoints on my table.

Yeah, rare to see bids below 390, so I feel kinda safe coming in below that, honestly a lot of people are near to 400 as possible, I could risk it.

I run something pretty similar, but I have one less flotilla and more x wings, and Jan Ors instead of Y wings, but I think I value having more damage/varied threats available than first-last activation. I'd consider moving some points from the Liberty to the mc30 so you can give it some much needed survivability in the form of Lando or Admonition, or both. I do love h9s on the torpedo frigate though.

I've had great results with flotilla admiral taxis, but I run quantum storm instead of bright hope, as its more often than not, facing away from the enemy (at speed). Quantum and its faux speed 4 at the back of the line put him more than safely away from harm. I'll also add comms net to throw out free candy before going out of range

With no Jan it is quite easy to engage most of your squadrons so the 2xBCCs will be wasted in the crucial turns when all the ships are firing at each other.

Drop a BCC and convert a Y-wing into Jan. She will also keep your X-wings alive with her brace tokens. I might also drop XI7s (not really needed with Mon Karren) to upgrade the remaining Y-wing to Dutch.

Not a huge fan but my 2 cents:

H9's to Admonition

1 BCC to Toryn Farr and Bright Hope (-1 pt)

Bright Hope to Quantum Storm (+1 pt)

2 Ywings to Jan and 1 Xwing (-12 points)

MK: + Gunnery teams, - Raymus, - SW7, -XX9, -XI7 (+16 points)

Total +4 points which you can use to add back something you disagree with me removing :)

Edited by Vae

With no Jan it is quite easy to engage most of your squadrons so the 2xBCCs will be wasted in the crucial turns when all the ships are firing at each other.

Drop a BCC and convert a Y-wing into Jan. She will also keep your X-wings alive with her brace tokens. I might also drop XI7s (not really needed with Mon Karren) to upgrade the remaining Y-wing to Dutch.

I do not need to keep all my squads on top of each other, that is the beauty of the list, I can pair them up and fly them away from each other. Or I can just use them as interference in crunch rounds.

Not a huge fan but my 2 cents:

H9's to Admonition

1 BCC to Toryn Farr and Bright Hope (-1 pt)

Bright Hope to Quantum Storm (+1 pt)

2 Ywings to Jan and 1 Xwing (-12 points)

MK: + Gunnery teams, - Raymus, - SW7, -XX9, -XI7 (+16 points)

Total +4 points which you can use to add back something you disagree with me removing :)

I don't need Admonition, H9's guarantee an accuracy on each arc, which is particularly devastating against Imperials. The whole point of the build is last / first activations, with super fast, super mobile damage dealing platforms.

Don't need Torryn Farr, and she needs to be distance 1-3, BC is distance 1-5 allowing me to keep the Flotillas further away.  Squadrons are there for interference or a bit of extra threat from a different quarter.

Certainly do not need Gunnery Teams on Mon Karren, Raymus is there to allow it to spend a dial&token every round to take maximum use from Madine, SW-7s again for guaranteed damage, XX9's again to make that initial strike as damaging as possible. and the X-17's are there so what ever I am shooting cannot just redirect and soak the whole attack damage on 2 shield facings.

Not sure you are understanding the point of the build. 

Edited by TheEasternKing

I've realised the squadrons are probably going to be to slow to support the Mon Karren, MC30 by running interference, so I have adjusted the fleet to this :

Rebel 5 ship Ver 2

Faction: Rebel Alliance 

Commander: General Madine

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery 
Defense Objective: Fire Lanes 
Navigation Objective: Superior Positions 

MC80 Star Cruiser (96 points)
-  Mon Karren  ( 8  points) 
-  Raymus Antilles  ( 7  points) 
-  Veteran Gunners  ( 5  points) 
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
-  XX-9 Turbolasers  ( 5  points) 
-  SW 7 Ion Batteries  ( 5  points) 
140 total ship cost

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points) 
-  H9 Turbolasers  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
80 total ship cost

[ flagship ] GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  General Madine  ( 30  points) 
-  Bright Hope  ( 2  points) 
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points) 
52 total ship cost

-  Slicer Tools  ( 7  points) 
25 total ship cost

-  Slicer Tools  ( 7  points) 
25 total ship cost

A-Wing Squadrons ( 66 points) 

If Madine is lifeboating, he may not be in range to help out either of your combat ships.  And more to the point, you don't really want him to be too close to the action.

How about throwing boosted comms on instead to help with the squadron battle....from a safe distance?

Bright hope should really be in the tools flotilla helping it stay alive longer and thus be that much more annoying... I would put quantum storm on the other tools flotilla as well... Good title for getting tools in range and not bad for Intel sweep... you can also if you are skilled enough, getting medium range , slice, then quantum out again... I like com's nets, not sure if needed with raymus on m'lady... he might just be too far away most of the time to use it as well... I might not use mon Karen with xi7, instead got to battle cruiser with spinal, xi7, gunnery teams, ls

Good call on Quantum Storm.

Was thinking of early game feeding token(s) to the MC30.

Again X-17 is there to stop someone simply using a redirect to stop all the damage from hitting the hull, (ISD/MC) I don't want a last/first against one of them, and they just soak (up to) 7 damage on shields, also AP are becoming a thing again. pricey for insurance, but I'd like to try it out at least once before changing it around.