Sign in to follow this  
mtrein

SWX58 - could this be the Partisan T-65, along with the fabled fix?

With no "legitimate" evidence that the Partisan T-65 will have BOTH Scum and Rebels pilots...I still think that there is so much UNKNOWN that I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe some Partisans are spies for the Empire, just trying to make a quick buck. Who knows? With just a picture of a TOY's packaging, it's a safe bet to say it's gonna be Rebel?- duh! But that's boring.

I like to speculate sh*t and see how well I guessed....not just go with the easiest assumption. I think it would be cool. I can't argue if it 'makes sense' because the movie isn't out yet.

I guessed the Quadjumpa would make it to the play-mat... just based on the fact that it had a little screen time in the trailer and maybe FFG only had THAT to work with when planning ahead for expansions. People argued to no end that THAT was crazy and would NEVER happen.I speculated that we would eventually see all the small ships we see in SW Rebels starting with Sabine's TIE... I couldn't find anyone to agree with me- The Fang was first, but I was close. I still say we'll get the Blade Wing and the Auzituck.

(...)

I guessed the Quadjumpa would make it to the play-mat... just based on the fact that it had a little screen time in the trailer and maybe FFG only had THAT to work with when planning ahead for expansions. People argued to no end that THAT was crazy and would NEVER happen.(..)

Not me, I was also early suggesting/wishing FFG would make a tug-boat, naming the Quadjumper :)

As for 58, I am still saying it might be a new core with the new damage deck, although not that likely Originally I thought U and Striker plus cards for X. That's probably no longer the case.

So maybe Partisan X and Tie, drawing new people to the game. Tough luck for us who already have lots of X and Ties.

Or maybe people are just stoking up their hopes (esp the X fix crying ones). And 58 is a playmat, or black bases :P

So maybe Partisan X and Tie, drawing new people to the game. Tough luck for us who already have lots of X and Ties.

Or maybe people are just stoking up their hopes (esp the X fix crying ones). And 58 is a playmat, or black bases :P

There is no such thing as lots of TIEs. :P

BTW, I really hope there is a Rogue One basic box.

If there is, I suppose it will be the Partisan X-Wing (with new pilots from the movie) + 2 TIE Fighters. And hey, as long as it has good (and new) cards, I would buy it right away.

With no "legitimate" evidence that the Partisan T-65 will have BOTH Scum and Rebels pilots...I still think that there is so much UNKNOWN that I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe some Partisans are spies for the Empire, just trying to make a quick buck. Who knows? With just a picture of a TOY's packaging, it's a safe bet to say it's gonna be Rebel?- duh! But that's boring.

Do you know what the definition of Partisan is?

"a member of an armed group formed to fight secretly against an occupying force, in particular one operating in enemy-occupied Yugoslavia, Italy, and parts of eastern Europe in World War II."

Yeah that Xwing is most certainly NOT going to be Imperial (I'm betting pure Rebel,though would not be too too surprised if it has a Scum pilot or 2, the Shadowcaster should have had bot Rebel and scum Ketsu since she is now a Rebel).

And there is no way in hell that the Partisans are going to be spying on the Rebels for the Empire.

Now that doesnt mean there wont be a spy among the artisan forces that does that. But its pretty safe to say that if the makers of the movie know what Partisan means, and I'm betting they do, or they wouldnt have used that word, the Partisans are not going to be on the Empire's side.

Empire has TIE Fighters and Firesprays. Scum have Firesprays and Rebels have TIEs

Rebels have Y-Wings, Z-95s and HWKs, and TIEs. Scum have Z-95, Y-wing and HWK, Empire has TIE.

Scum has Y-wings, Z-95, HWKs and Firespray. Rebs got Y-wing, HWK and Z, Imps got Firespray.

Seems the Empire doesn't like sharing it's toys as much, but Rebel Scum have to share quite a bit of their things. Imps need to go back to kindergarten? The other factions share 4 ships each, Imps only two.

Rebel SF and Lambda soon?

Possibly the best post I've read all day!

Empire has TIE Fighters and Firesprays. Scum have Firesprays and Rebels have TIEs

Rebels have Y-Wings, Z-95s and HWKs, and TIEs. Scum have Z-95, Y-wing and HWK, Empire has TIE.

Scum has Y-wings, Z-95, HWKs and Firespray. Rebs got Y-wing, HWK and Z, Imps got Firespray.

Seems the Empire doesn't like sharing it's toys as much, but Rebel Scum have to share quite a bit of their things. Imps need to go back to kindergarten? The other factions share 4 ships each, Imps only two.

Rebel Gunboat!

Feel the burn :P

The Partisans are against the Empire and allied with the Rebel Alliance but have more brutal tactics. The confusion is because we are used to thinking that all rebels were fighting under the same leadership but in fact the Alliance began as a loose cooperation between different cells and groups. Only after the Battles of Yavin and Hoth did all the groups come together as one fighting force. The Onderon Partisans used X-wings, as the Alderaan Rebels used X- and Y-wings and the Lothal Rebels used A-wings and y-wings and the occasional B-wing.

Right.  That is why they called an Alliance.  As that term implies, they were separate groups that united under one banner.  Not sure why this confusing to folks. I lik eyour suggestion about the different ships used, but admit I WANT to see X-wings show up in Rebels... even if flown by the Onderon partisans or Alderaanians. 

Whatever this is, it's Scum. FFG has been fighting hard to get the three factions into balance in terms of ship class numbers, which is why S&V have had two expansions to the other's one for the last few waves. They've finally somewhat reached that*, so I can't imagine that they would immediately throw it off by giving the Rebels two Rogue One ships in the next wave while Scum only get the Quadjumper.

*Rebels still have more due to the Ghost/Phantom combo giving them 15, but that's a special case and otherwise Scum and Empire are tied with 14 ships released or announced.

If it's an X-wing then it isn't adding a ship.

Then stupid rainbow TIE is not a ship add either  :)

Sure it is. The Rebels didn't have a TIE fighter before. The Rebels already have the X-wing so more X-wing content isn't a new ship. Or do you mean to claim that Wave 1 contained three ships for each faction?

Rebel Gunboat!

Feel the burn :P

That would be the best thing ever if they made a gunboat and gave it to rebels or scum instead of imperials. So many people's heads would just explode on the forums here

Do you know what the definition of Partisan is?

"a member of an armed group formed to fight secretly against an occupying force, in particular one operating in enemy-occupied Yugoslavia, Italy, and parts of eastern Europe in World War II."

Yeah that Xwing is most certainly NOT going to be Imperial (I'm betting pure Rebel,though would not be too too surprised if it has a Scum pilot or 2, the Shadowcaster should have had bot Rebel and scum Ketsu since she is now a Rebel).

And there is no way in hell that the Partisans are going to be spying on the Rebels for the Empire.

Now that doesnt mean there wont be a spy among the artisan forces that does that. But its pretty safe to say that if the makers of the movie know what Partisan means, and I'm betting they do, or they wouldnt have used that word, the Partisans are not going to be on the Empire's side.

yeah, that's it... i didnt know what that word meant. you're pretty smart- thanks.

Well, here's an observation that may, or indeed may not, be related.

I buy the Marvel Star Wars comic books, and this weekend picked up a small backlog of them - the last three week's worth. being an issue each of Star Wars, Han Solo, The Force Awakens Adaptation, and Poe Dameron.

Each one of these 4 books has a prominent advert for X-wing Miniatures in it - inside the front cover. this isn't unusual in itself, I think most of the issues of Poe Dameron so far have had an ad in it showing off the TFA starter set with a bold "join the resistance" tagline, which makes perfect sense as Poe is in the set. It's more ads than usual, but the odd thing is that all of the ads this month have showed the old starter set, not the new blue one.

So, baseless speculation - might the blue one be about to be replaced? I mean, it seems very unlikely, but equally it seems odd that they wouldnt; be pushing the blue set in the comic that's all about T-70s.

Funny, I saw those same adverts and had a very similar thought - why show the red Core and not the blue Core?  

It might be a stretch but it could be because the blue was really just a tie in to TFA and if there is a R-1 Core then perhaps this will also be considered a tie-in with the red core truly being the 'core' core set that they keep in production.  Given that the only card i can think of that is ONLY available in the TFA core is BB-8 that also means that for the most part, someone with a red core would only need to pick up the T-70 and TIE/fo and have almost all the TFA content, something that wouldn't be hard to replicate if there were a Rogue One core.

Guess we'll know soon enough :)

Well, here's an observation that may, or indeed may not, be related.

I buy the Marvel Star Wars comic books, and this weekend picked up a small backlog of them - the last three week's worth. being an issue each of Star Wars, Han Solo, The Force Awakens Adaptation, and Poe Dameron.

Each one of these 4 books has a prominent advert for X-wing Miniatures in it - inside the front cover. this isn't unusual in itself, I think most of the issues of Poe Dameron so far have had an ad in it showing off the TFA starter set with a bold "join the resistance" tagline, which makes perfect sense as Poe is in the set. It's more ads than usual, but the odd thing is that all of the ads this month have showed the old starter set, not the new blue one.

So, baseless speculation - might the blue one be about to be replaced? I mean, it seems very unlikely, but equally it seems odd that they wouldnt; be pushing the blue set in the comic that's all about T-70s.

Funny, I saw those same adverts and had a very similar thought - why show the red Core and not the blue Core?  

It might be a stretch but it could be because the blue was really just a tie in to TFA and if there is a R-1 Core then perhaps this will also be considered a tie-in with the red core truly being the 'core' core set that they keep in production.  Given that the only card i can think of that is ONLY available in the TFA core is BB-8 that also means that for the most part, someone with a red core would only need to pick up the T-70 and TIE/fo and have almost all the TFA content, something that wouldn't be hard to replicate if there were a Rogue One core.

Guess we'll know soon enough :)

Ireally doubt theyre getting rid of the tfa core set. All of the tfa era ships have used the blue theme, civil war era have used red. Id bet the episode 8 ships will use the aame blue theme. They could just be advertising the red core because it fits better with rogue one

Given that the only card i can think of that is ONLY available in the TFA core is BB-8 that also means that for the most part...

I'm positive R5-X3 (or whatever the bad version of Dash Rendar's ability is) and the pilots (PS8 Poe, Blue Ace, and the FO uniques) are all also unique to the Blue Core.

Edited by knavelead

So where does 58 fall in line with the products? I mean, what model was 57 and what is 59?

57 Heroes of the Resistance, 59 is Sabine's TIE.

Rogue One ships are 61 and 62, which is why I doubt this one is R1 related.

EDIT

Unless core sets and/or aces expansions land before the wave, TFA core was the first number in the wave, but it was followed by the TFA ships and then the "normal" wave. Most Wanted had higher number than the small ships. 

EDIT 2

Wouldn't they made a new core set to have a different colour? Like blue for TFA. R1 ships have the standard red logo. 

Edited by eMeM