Sign in to follow this  
mtrein

SWX58 - could this be the Partisan T-65, along with the fabled fix?

No matter what Saw's group does and what methods it uses, they fight the Empire ...snip... they fight for freedom. If anything, calling them extremist emphasises that point.

Ooo...not to get all philosophical but that is dangerous thinking. No matter what they do or the methods they use?

So, if they happened to get momentary control of the Death Star and point it at Kuat, the heart of Imperial naval construction, that would be excusable? Killing everyone on Kuat in the name of freedom from the Empire?

Hmph...Yoda would not be pleased. There is definitely a point where even the Rebellion would stop.

Yes, no matter what they do, if the purpose of their existence is fighting the Empire as an armed and organized group with intention to overthow it, they are rebels.

It puts them in contrast with S&V as the members of that fraction, if they occasionally fight the Empire, do it for survival or profit, not to change the government

At no point I said they are excusable.

I wouldn't be sure about Yoda, the concept of abandoning morals for the greater good wasn't alien to him when he tried to use Luke to assasinate his own father.

Whatever this is, it's Scum. FFG has been fighting hard to get the three factions into balance in terms of ship class numbers, which is why S&V have had two expansions to the other's one for the last few waves. They've finally somewhat reached that*, so I can't imagine that they would immediately throw it off by giving the Rebels two Rogue One ships in the next wave while Scum only get the Quadjumper.

*Rebels still have more due to the Ghost/Phantom combo giving them 15, but that's a special case and otherwise Scum and Empire are tied with 14 ships released or announced.

Apparently Saw Gerarra's militant group was called 'partisans' in some of the new, canon, novels.

And others have noted that there is a missing LEGO set for this release, as well as no LEGO set with Saw Gerarra in it, yet (while basically everyone else from the movie is covered).

Odds are good that this is Saw Gerarra's fighter, or a fighter his group uses, and Disney is trying to keep this one a bit clamped-down to leave some movie plot elements a surprise.  (IE., the whole 'no toys that had Rey with a lightsaber before TFA came out' - avoiding SOME spoilers for the movie)

Sorry, but "partisian" screams REBELS. No way in hell Saw's group is Scum.

We don't know much about Saw's faction, so far, except what we have been clued into is that they are emphatically NOT part of the Rebellion.

First sentence on wikipedia for the partisans: "The Partisans were a group allied to the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War, led by the Onderonian Saw Gerrera."

Rebel, Scum whatever. I just wanna know when they are releasing the Saw Gerrera "Viva Revoluciòn" T-Shirt.

saw1.png

Yes, no matter what they do, if the purpose of their existence is fighting the Empire as an armed and organized group with intention to overthow it, they are rebels.

It puts them in contrast with S&V as the members of that fraction, if they occasionally fight the Empire, do it for survival or profit, not to change the government

At no point I said they are excusable.

I wouldn't be sure about Yoda, the concept of abandoning morals for the greater good wasn't alien to him when he tried to use Luke to assasinate his own father.

Fair enough, perhaps I misunderstood. I can agree that two differing groups of people both fighting against the same government would both be considered rebels. They may not, however, be considered members of the Rebellion/Alliance to Restore the Republic as they have differing leadership, methods, and goals.

You also have a point about Yoda training himself a little assassin; its kinda dubious at second glance. I'm not sure his intention was for that, maybe he just understood that the two were bound to cross paths again and he better have him trained by then. Or maybe he's a little green Machiavelli.

In any case, back on topic, I think it would be  cool to see another pass at fixing the T-65 with this release.  

Edited by kris40k

Whatever this is, it's Scum. FFG has been fighting hard to get the three factions into balance in terms of ship class numbers, which is why S&V have had two expansions to the other's one for the last few waves. They've finally somewhat reached that*, so I can't imagine that they would immediately throw it off by giving the Rebels two Rogue One ships in the next wave while Scum only get the Quadjumper.

*Rebels still have more due to the Ghost/Phantom combo giving them 15, but that's a special case and otherwise Scum and Empire are tied with 14 ships released or announced.

If it's a X-wing repaint the number of ships won't change.

Apparently Saw Gerarra's militant group was called 'partisans' in some of the new, canon, novels.

And others have noted that there is a missing LEGO set for this release, as well as no LEGO set with Saw Gerarra in it, yet (while basically everyone else from the movie is covered).

Odds are good that this is Saw Gerarra's fighter, or a fighter his group uses, and Disney is trying to keep this one a bit clamped-down to leave some movie plot elements a surprise.  (IE., the whole 'no toys that had Rey with a lightsaber before TFA came out' - avoiding SOME spoilers for the movie)

We don't know much about Saw's faction, so far, except what we have been clued into is that they are emphatically NOT part of the Rebellion.

First sentence on wikipedia for the partisans: "The Partisans were a group allied to the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War, led by the Onderonian Saw Gerrera."

Rebel, Scum whatever. I just wanna know when they are releasing the Saw Gerrera "Viva Revoluciòn" T-Shirt.

saw1.png

Shut up and take my money!

If it's a X-wing repaint the number of ships won't change.

Thsts his point. After wave 9 the factions were equal. After adding the uwing and striker to wave 10 scum is a ship behind again. Hes saying 58 needs to be a scum ship to keep the factions even. Personally i think if its scym itll be epic or aces and wont help with faction numbers balance, but...

Yeah, to match the wonderful work FFG has done lately on this game, the T65 fix will be here soon, it will be fantastic and bring the ship back even on tournaments... But it will be Scum only.

Next up after that will be the mining guild tie for scum to get us a tie fighter as well.  Eventually, they're going to just rerelease every ship for the scum faction and we won't even need those pesky rebels or imperials.

Everyone is scum in their own way, remove factions already FFG!

Yeah, to match the wonderful work FFG has done lately on this game, the T65 fix will be here soon, it will be fantastic and bring the ship back even on tournaments... But it will be Scum only.

Next up after that will be the mining guild tie for scum to get us a tie fighter as well.  Eventually, they're going to just rerelease every ship for the scum faction and we won't even need those pesky rebels or imperials.

Who needs identifiable factions in a SW game anyways ? Just give it all to the scum.

saw1.png

VIVA *LA* REVOLUCIÓN

Who needs identifiable factions in a SW game anyways ? Just give it all to the scum.

Boba 76: We're all scum now!

Hmph...Yoda would not be pleased. There is definitely a point where even the Rebellion would stop.

In Infinities: ANH (where the Rebels failed to destroy the DS1, only delay it) - Yoda is extremely ruthless - he takes over the DS1, blasts the Imperial Fleet, SSD by SSD, and then crashes it into Coruscant in order to kill the Emperor:

8.jpg

scan0001.jpg

erYHE7E.jpg

23.jpg

If it's an X-wing then it isn't adding a ship.

Then stupid rainbow TIE is not a ship add either  :)

Edited by Giledhil

Then stupid rainbow TIE is not a ship add either :)

He's talking about another rebel X-wing,

Because if they add the "Partisan X-wing" it will be Rebel.

Empire has TIE Fighters and Firesprays. Scum have Firesprays and Rebels have TIEs

Rebels have Y-Wings, Z-95s and HWKs, and TIEs. Scum have Z-95, Y-wing and HWK, Empire has TIE.

Scum has Y-wings, Z-95, HWKs and Firespray. Rebs got Y-wing, HWK and Z, Imps got Firespray.

Seems the Empire doesn't like sharing it's toys as much, but Rebel Scum have to share quite a bit of their things. Imps need to go back to kindergarten? The other factions share 4 ships each, Imps only two.

Rebel SF and Lambda soon?

Then stupid rainbow TIE is not a ship add either :)

He's talking about another rebel X-wing,

Because if they add the "Partisan X-wing" it will be Rebel.

Oh, my bad, I thought it was about partisan xwing as a scum ship. Which could be possible depending how partisans are treated in rogue one. Edited by Giledhil

Join the Revolution Rebellion against the evil Imperialists Imperials!

saw_gerrera_from_star_wars_rogue_one_by_