Sign in to follow this  
GrimmyV

T-wing and V-wing still missing, news at 11

Yup, with the U-wing (I will call it J.R. from now on) is on its way...sometime. So that means the fully canon V-wing isn't far behind, right? Perfect for scum! It can come in both Asteomech and non-Astro titles.

And of course the 'ever popular' T-wing should have been a standard for Rebel lists already! A cheap, somewhat maneuverable torp carrier, what's not to love!

Come on, these choices aren't better than the ugly-as-sin K-wing? Would you rather get he H-wing instead? Sure, ok, it's your funeral.

All I'm saying is that since they are giving the royal treatment to a new design from a new that maybe they throw some (more) love to the prequels and the old flight sims. And soon...

GUNBOAT!!!!!!!!

Sadly I think the likelyhood of a new design depends on how soon it will appear in an upcoming Star Wars show or movie. Before X-Wing and Armada, the new movies and TV show weren't a thing, so there was a greater chance for Legends content. Now that there's star wars set for what, the next decade? There will be plenty of new Star Wars ships to pick from out of the new movies.

As the legends and flight-simulator era stuff falls further and further behind.

I too want those mainstays from the flight sims (not just the fighters, I want to see an MC40a for Armada), but I'm starting to wonder if I'll have to bring them to the table myself and ask my opponent if it's ok to fly custom gunboats. The latest releases and scum don't really interest me.

I wouldn't mind seeing the v-wing get reintroduced I'm canon as a star fighter. Something like a ordinance carrying fast attack ship, like from Rogue Squadron. But in space.

Edited by Ridge363

V-Wing..yes please!  The canon one anyways.  The airspeeder one probably can't go in space anyways, plus it's not canon anymore.

T-Wing...eh.  Even if it was canon again, it's pretty fugly.  Doesn't even do anything that special.  Would probably be too simlar to z-95, which both rebels and scum have already.

I liked the T-Wing.... the problem with it is that it's too similar to the A-Wing. The differences between the T- and A-Wing is not enough to represent here in X-Wing. Unless, of course, you wanted to make a scum version of an A-Wing.

I have zero interest in the V-Wing airspeeder. The republic V-Wing is much more likely once FFG starts running out of starfighters to depict (and again, sadly, it'll happen before any of the flight sim ships appear).

Edited by Norsehound

The T-Wing's supposed to be an interceptor, but it was pretty flimsy. It was actually less manoeuvrable than the A-Wing.

It'd probably sit somewhere between a Z95 and a A-Wing, but with torpedoes instead of missiles (whether I'd make that closer to an A-wing with a worse dial or a Z95 with a faster one I don't know. Ignoring dials, that one point of agility is what separates A from Z). Which is a pretty narrow niche, but I suppose a cheap torpedo carrier is something the game doesn't have.

Storywise it sits more with the Scum side. Could be an interesting dynamic for Scum to have a cheap torpedo carrier, although since they have the Jumpmaster setup I'm not sure how much table time such a thing would see.

Since they've given us the ARC, I'm a-okay with seeing a Republic V-Wing.

And, you know, for the giggles I'd love to see the H-Wing. Given FFG usually does an interesting job with ships, I'd like to see what they do with any of the more obscure ships.

Between Rebels, spin-offs and the new films (there's already images floating around of what looks like a new A-Wing) I think it'll be a long time before we see any of the Legends content. Which basically means if you are chomping at the bit for, say, a Gunboat or T-Wing etc, hope and pray it gets added to Rebels. (I'll admit, I know that ship's name has become a four letter word but as an old school Tie Fighter jockey I'm really hoping the Gunboat makes an appearance in Rebels. It certainly would be a good antagonist in terms of being able to pursue them. I think we'd see a new hyperdrive capable TIE in the show instead, though)

Edited by Ktan

Why does everyone think of th V-wing airspeeder when ever I talk about the CANON PREQUEL SHIP. He airspeeder was probably the least ugly design to come out of Dark Empire, and it's inclusion in Rogue Squadron was nice, but it's certainly no GUNBOAT, why do people even remember it? The Alpha-3 Nimbus class V-wing is screaming to be released, especially with its big brother ARC already hitting tables! Come on FFG, what's stopping you!

The V-wing's possible.

The T-wing is inferior to the K-wing in every respect.

Why does everyone think of th V-wing airspeeder when ever I talk about the CANON PREQUEL SHIP. He airspeeder was probably the least ugly design to come out of Dark Empire, and it's inclusion in Rogue Squadron was nice, but it's certainly no GUNBOAT, why do people even remember it?

Rogue Squadron 3D.

Edited by Blue Five

The ABCs of starfighters.

A wing,

B wing,

Jumpmaster,

D

E wing,

F

G-1A freighter,

H wing,

Interceptors,

J

K wing,

Lancer,

M

N

O

P

Q wing,

R

S

T wing,

U wing,

V wing,

W

X wing,

Y wing,

Z-95!

Ok, now someone fill in the blanks, and make a gif.

Who will take The N-Wing Challenge? ;)  ;)

Take a Y-wing, remove the starboard engine, and adjust the port engine strut to be at a diagonal angle. I wanna see the S-wing.

As to the OP, I've said for a while the V-wing should be included in the game. Most likely a 3/3/2/2 with a TIE Fighter dial and Salvaged Astro slot. The T-wing on the other hand is pretty stupid, and I'm happy with the E-wing and K-wing over the T-wing.

The Episode 3 V-Wing looks amazing. The question is: how do you make it different enough from both the Z-95 and the TIE fighter to be a real choice, while also putting it in a similar niche?

Also! The presence of that Astromech slot presents a bit of a problem. Creating a set of Imperial Astromechs for one ship is... Rough. But not including it is unthinkable. So you could put it in the Scum faction, but. Eh. I'm not thrilled about that.

I know the T-Wing was design for the Rebellion, but did they ever fly them? I seem to recall that the Rebel leadership passed on the final project because it just wasn't good enough. My memory of how fast they died tells me the Rebellion was wise to do so.

And. Um. Granted. I have zero idea what Rebel/New Republic ships are left for Wave 11...

The Episode 3 V-Wing looks amazing. The question is: how do you make it different enough from both the Z-95 and the TIE fighter to be a real choice, while also putting it in a similar niche?

Also! The presence of that Astromech slot presents a bit of a problem. Creating a set of Imperial Astromechs for one ship is... Rough. But not including it is unthinkable. So you could put it in the Scum faction, but. Eh. I'm not thrilled about that.

I know the T-Wing was design for the Rebellion, but did they ever fly them? I seem to recall that the Rebel leadership passed on the final project because it just wasn't good enough. My memory of how fast they died tells me the Rebellion was wise to do so.

And. Um. Granted. I have zero idea what Rebel/New Republic ships are left for Wave 11...

V-wing has four cannons, giving it 3 dice will pass, even for the people obsessed with counting barrels.

About astromech:

However, later incarnations of the V-wing used by the Galactic Empire omitted the astromech, with the pilot as the only occupant.[10]

(from wookie)

As far as potential Rebel ships go, there is still the a-B-wing-had-children-with-a-brick-class shuttle from TFA.

A wing,

B wing,

Jumpmaster,

D

E wing,

F

G-1A freighter,

H wing,

Interceptors,

J

K wing,

Lancer,

M

N

O

P

Q wing,

R

S

T wing,

U wing,

V wing,

W

X wing,

Y wing,

Z-95!

The W-wing is just 2 V-wings in formation.

A wing,

B wing,

Jumpmaster,

D

E wing,

F

G-1A freighter,

H wing,

Interceptors,

J

K wing,

Lancer,

M

N

O

P

Q wing,

R

S

T wing,

U wing,

V wing,

W

X wing,

Y wing,

Z-95!

You've got J twice and no C.

If Interceptors counts then Firespray and Dunelizard should. But better is the Ixiyen for i. The Rihkxyrk. The Naboo N-1 or Nova Courier. The M-3A Scyk.

A wing,

B wing,

Jumpmaster,

D

E wing,

F

G-1A freighter,

H wing,

Interceptors,

J

K wing,

Lancer,

M

N

O

P

Q wing,

R

S

T wing,

U wing,

V wing,

W

X wing,

Y wing,

Z-95!

You've got J twice and no C.

If Interceptors counts then Firespray and Dunelizard should. But better is the Ixiyen for i. The Rihkxyrk. The Naboo N-1 or Nova Courier. The M-3A Scyk.

The Jumpmaster is a c wing

A wing,

B wing,

Jumpmaster,

D

E wing,

F

G-1A freighter,

H wing,

Interceptors,

J

K wing,

Lancer,

M

N

O

P

Q wing,

R

S

T wing,

U wing,

V wing,

W

X wing,

Y wing,

Z-95!

Who will take The N-Wing Challenge? ;)  ;)

Take a Y-wing, remove the starboard engine, and adjust the port engine strut to be at a diagonal angle. I wanna see the S-wing.

Who will take The S-Wing Challenge? :P  :P