Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

The Partisan Aces Expansion? ... YEAH, Prolly!

I think it's exactly the same. The Hotwheels plastic model is just a crude representation.

Yeah, but crude representations (which it is - Hot Wheels is no FFG!), tend to lose detail, not add what's not there...

For example, look at the detailing behind the R2 unit - it's a low detail "short hand" for the detail you'd normally find on an X-Wing ... looks, kinda of right, captures the "essence" of what should be there.

Now look at the detailing beside the engines on the wing ... there's extra detail that whole panel gets another raised panel on top with holes all over it. They went out of their way there to add detail that is just not there on an X-Wing.

X-wings are my favorite ship.... yeah, not the best in the game, but I am more a "flavor" player than a competitive player. Many would classify me as a "casual" since I am uninterested in tournaments or min-max kind of strategies. But that term feels wrong to me. I've spent a TON of money on the game, and I spend lots of time constructing scenarios and campaigns. So I tend to set up the scenarios built around the ships that "would" be there, rather than around what is "best." My scenarios DO allow some customization, though.

When I get my ARC-170s, I'm gonna do an Epic match: Arcs + Z-95s vs TIEs with Gozanti support.

Ya see, I LOVE that kind of thing.  No one would do that in a tournament, or if their only goal was winning, but it FEELS like it "really" could have happened.  Right?  Love that.  

X-wings are my favorite ship.... yeah, not the best in the game, but I am more a "flavor" player than a competitive player. Many would classify me as a "casual" since I am uninterested in tournaments or min-max kind of strategies. But that term feels wrong to me. I've spent a TON of money on the game, and I spend lots of time constructing scenarios and campaigns. So I tend to set up the scenarios built around the ships that "would" be there, rather than around what is "best." My scenarios DO allow some customization, though.

When I get my ARC-170s, I'm gonna do an Epic match: Arcs + Z-95s vs TIEs with Gozanti support.

Ya see, I LOVE that kind of thing.  No one would do that in a tournament, or if their only goal was winning, but it FEELS like it "really" could have happened.  Right?  Love that.  

We play for fun... all the time.

;)

Pfft, Scum don't need an Epic ship.

SCUM%2BIG-2000.pngSCUM%2BIG-2000.pngSCUM%2BPUNISH%2BONE.pngSCUM%2BYV-666%2BBOSSK.pngSCUM%2BBSOBA%2BFS31.PNG

Counterpoint: everyone needs an Epic ship, because awesome.

I admit, I would have far too much fun running quadruple Aggressors and a scummy Rebel Transport equivalent.

I mean, Quadruple Aggressors is practically worth a couple Epic points in itself... ;)

SCUM%2BIG-2000.pngSCUM%2BIG-2000.pngSCUM%2BPUNISH%2BONE.pngSCUM%2BYV-666%2BBOSSK.pngSCUM%2BBSOBA%2BFS31.PNG

I admit, I would have far too much fun running quadruple Aggressors and a scummy Rebel Transport equivalent.

I mean, Quadruple Aggressors is practically worth a couple Epic points in itself... ;)

Quad aggressors is BETTER than an epic ship or two.

Actually, that's not a bad epic list anyway. Cracken, Blount & The Bandits make a hell of a missile throw weight, and the ARC-170s are a nice heavyweight clean-up crew.  I'm pretty sure it could work, as well as looking badass.

TIE fighters with carriers work well too - don't put them ON the carriers, but the carriers work very well supporting them (Suppressor, Tarkin, etc).

Everyone is still talking about the fix for T-65... guys, didn't you see that the most competetive rebel list nowadays has two of them and an overcosted E-Wing? And I mean Wes/Biggs/Corran list.

Everyone is still talking about the fix for T-65... guys, didn't you see that the most competetive rebel list nowadays has two of them and an overcosted E-Wing? And I mean Wes/Biggs/Corran list.

Pilot ability ≠ ship quality. 

Now, genius, when did you see a E-wing or X-wing generic in a competitive list ?

Edited by Giledhil

The Partisan X looks like it might be the factory model while the 'standard' Alliance X is somewhat stripped down. Or it's just a slightly different version, like T-65 A3 instead of A4.

It'd be interesting to see a new release, but there's not supposed to be long between Rogue One and a new hope, so different variants would seem a bit wierd. 

I'll be interested to see if there's a backstory to the "where did the X-wing come from" in Rebels (or maybe Rogue One!) - Rebels is supposed to cover where the Y-wing came from, after all.

I'm not sure I'm a massive fan of the Zebra-skin X-wing. But it may grow on me.

Well, in old canon there were already three main kinds of X-Wings in service by the battle of Yavin. Incom attempted to remain neutral when the rebellion broke out, but the Empire as having none of it and tried to seize Incom's facilities. The X-Wings built with the parts manufactured before the Alliance helped Incom flee are designated T-65. X-Wings built at newly-constructed facilities and using the old templates were designated T-65b. After Incom rebuilt a manufacturing base on an Alliance safe world, they started manufacturing the T-65c, a refined version of the chassis produced to higher standards and thus in small quantities. Only ace pilots and high ranking officers were issues T-65c's, many of which were in service by A New Hope.

the whole reason Incom got in trouble with the Empire is that they refused to limit sales to independent parties. With Rogue One bringing our focus back to that era, there is no reason that independent T-65's couldn't be included as scum ships. Only the T-65b and onwards were built explicitly for the Alliance.

Quad aggressors is BETTER than an epic ship or two.

Only with hlk+autoblaster sensor AND RAEG

RAGE OF SPACE CRAB BRO BOTS!

The Partisan X looks like it might be the factory model while the 'standard' Alliance X is somewhat stripped down. Or it's just a slightly different version, like T-65 A3 instead of A4.

It'd be interesting to see a new release, but there's not supposed to be long between Rogue One and a new hope, so different variants would seem a bit wierd. 

I'll be interested to see if there's a backstory to the "where did the X-wing come from" in Rebels (or maybe Rogue One!) - Rebels is supposed to cover where the Y-wing came from, after all.

I'm not sure I'm a massive fan of the Zebra-skin X-wing. But it may grow on me.

Well, in old canon there were already three main kinds of X-Wings in service by the battle of Yavin. Incom attempted to remain neutral when the rebellion broke out, but the Empire as having none of it and tried to seize Incom's facilities. The X-Wings built with the parts manufactured before the Alliance helped Incom flee are designated T-65. X-Wings built at newly-constructed facilities and using the old templates were designated T-65b. After Incom rebuilt a manufacturing base on an Alliance safe world, they started manufacturing the T-65c, a refined version of the chassis produced to higher standards and thus in small quantities. Only ace pilots and high ranking officers were issues T-65c's, many of which were in service by A New Hope.

the whole reason Incom got in trouble with the Empire is that they refused to limit sales to independent parties. With Rogue One bringing our focus back to that era, there is no reason that independent T-65's couldn't be included as scum ships. Only the T-65b and onwards were built explicitly for the Alliance.

Yeah but Ace-Wing IS Stupid, and stupid don't like fluffy-goodness.

:lol:

I'd prefer if they did a cards only update

I've had this exact conversation with friends of mine irl, and I think it's a great idea. I know they want to sell ships and that's part of the reason that certain cards come in certain packs, and that's fair, but some of the updates are starting to feel a little forced, like they're running out of ideas for ships to include cards in. That plus the fact that buying loose cards on eBay is a thing, and ffg get no money from that, they might as well just release a pack or two of cards (either faction-themed or not) to get new upgrades out there and in the game while they cook up cool stuff to interact with those cards and release later.

If you ask me, if SWX58 is going to be announced on Rogue Friday(which it likely will be), Theres a good chance it'll be another core set, containing a Partisan T-65, and two TIE Fighters.

Reasoning:

1. Core sets are sell able to the public at large through Rogue Friday, expansions are not. For example, target does not stock X-Wing expansions, but we do know that they stock new core sets.

2. The fabled X-Wing fix. They can package anywhere from 2 to 4 of an X-Wing fix in the core set, and this works for two reasons: X-Wing veterans will get multiple X-Wing fix cards, and new players purchasing the core set will have a reason to purchase either T-65 or T-70 X-Wing expansions. Same deal to Imperial players; lots of TIE Fighter stuff will encourage new Imperial players to purchase more TIE Fighters.

3. Cheaper than making new ships. FFG already has all of the manufacturing needs set up to produce a new core set, as it would reasonably include no new ships. 

4. We actually have names of the people in the movie this time around, unlike with TFA. No "___ Ace" pilots in the Partisan expansion.

If i'm wrong, then no matter what SWX58 will have to be Rogue One related, meaning it has a very high chance of at the very least including a Partisan T-65. We also know that Y-Wings are in Rogue One. If it does end up being a double small ship "Vets" type expansion, then it will likely be a T-65 and Y-Wing repaint expansion, and has a good chance of covering as many bases as possible, including an X-Wing fix, Y-Wing goodies, E-Wing fix, and possibly more. We would then proceed to get HotR for the T-70 and YT-1300. 

And with the ARC-170 and TIE/SF bringing more useful goodies for Rebel ships to munch on(Vectored Thrusters and Sensor Cluster), Rebels could be looking at an incredible revival during Wave 9.

So what about the X-Wing fix, then? Well... i have some theories. Given that the Partisans are Rebel-allied, but not quite squeaky-clean Rebel Alliance soldiers, perhaps illicit mods for the X-Wing, meaning a way for Rebels to utilize the many illicit mods, most important being Black Market Slicer Tools. Meaning, one of the T-65's worst matchup, Palp Aces, becomes less threatening. In addition to the many useful illicit mods that would be available. We would also get new astromechs as a given, which could benefit X-Wings, Y-Wings, E-Wings, T-70s, and ARC-170s.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

If you ask me, if SWX58 is going to be announced on Rogue Friday(which it likely will be), Theres a good chance it'll be another core set, containing a Partisan T-65, and two TIE Fighters.

Reasoning:

1. Core sets are sell able to the public at large through Rogue Friday, expansions are not. For example, target does not stock X-Wing expansions, but we do know that they stock new core sets.

2. The fabled X-Wing fix. They can package anywhere from 2 to 4 of an X-Wing fix in the core set, and this works for two reasons: X-Wing veterans will get multiple X-Wing fix cards, and new players purchasing the core set will have a reason to purchase either T-65 or T-70 X-Wing expansions. Same deal to Imperial players; lots of TIE Fighter stuff will encourage new Imperial players to purchase more TIE Fighters.

3. Cheaper than making new ships. FFG already has all of the manufacturing needs set up to produce a new core set, as it would reasonably include no new ships. 

4. We actually have names of the people in the movie this time around, unlike with TFA. No "___ Ace" pilots in the Partisan expansion.

If i'm wrong, then no matter what SWX58 will have to be Rogue One related, meaning it has a very high chance of at the very least including a Partisan T-65. We also know that Y-Wings are in Rogue One. If it does end up being a double small ship "Vets" type expansion, then it will likely be a T-65 and Y-Wing repaint expansion, and has a good chance of covering as many bases as possible, including an X-Wing fix, Y-Wing goodies, E-Wing fix, and possibly more. We would then proceed to get HotR for the T-70 and YT-1300. 

And with the ARC-170 and TIE/SF bringing more useful goodies for Rebel ships to munch on(Vectored Thrusters and Sensor Cluster), Rebels could be looking at an incredible revival during Wave 9.

So what about the X-Wing fix, then? Well... i have some theories. Given that the Partisans are Rebel-allied, but not quite squeaky-clean Rebel Alliance soldiers, perhaps illicit mods for the X-Wing, meaning a way for Rebels to utilize the many illicit mods, most important being Black Market Slicer Tools. Meaning, one of the T-65's worst matchup, Palp Aces, becomes less threatening. In addition to the many useful illicit mods that would be available. We would also get new astromechs as a given, which could benefit X-Wings, Y-Wings, E-Wings, T-70s, and ARC-170s.

I'm thinking you are right, and have been saying similar things for weeks.

I'm also hoping you are right, though that won't change much of anything one way or another.

Nothing personal but I hope you guys prophisizing a rogue 1 core set are wrong. I don't need any more cardboard manuever templates, dice of any kind, asteroids, and no one needs another damage deck.

I agree Brah... we do not need a yearly coreset... that is just kinda silly.

:huh:

IMP%2BTIE%2BDEF%2BNEW.png       BAT%2BTIE%2BBOOM%2B1.PNG    REB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN%2BF                                   REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BSQD.PNG      REB%2BOLD%2BCROW.PNG                                                    IMP%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2BBLACK%2BSQD.png       IMP%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2B2.png

IMP%2BBAT%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2BBLACK%2BSQD.

IMP%2BHUGE%2BGOZANTI%2B2.PNGREB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BSQD%2B-%2BPA                                                 REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN.png             REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BLUKE.png          REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BSQD.PNG   IMP%2BBAT%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2BBLACK%2BSQD.               IMP%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2B2.png

IMP%2BTIE%2BDEF%2BNEW.png                                                      REB%2BHUGE%2BCR%2B90%2BRED.PNG

IMP%2BHUGE%2BGOZANTI%2B2.PNG                    IMP%2BTIE%2BDEF%2BIV%2BNEW.PNG                                    IMP%2BTIE%2BNEW.png REB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN%2BF                SCUM%2BBS%2BY-WING.PNG

BAT%2BTIE%2BBOOM%2B1.PNG  REB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN%2BF                         SCUM%2BBS%2BY-WING.PNG

I love these visual poems.

IMP%2BTIE%2BDEF%2BNEW.png       BAT%2BTIE%2BBOOM%2B1.PNG    REB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN%2BF                                   REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BSQD.PNG      REB%2BOLD%2BCROW.PNG                                                    IMP%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2BBLACK%2BSQD.png       IMP%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2B2.png

IMP%2BBAT%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2BBLACK%2BSQD.

IMP%2BHUGE%2BGOZANTI%2B2.PNGREB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BSQD%2B-%2BPA                                                 REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN.png             REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BLUKE.png          REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BSQD.PNG   IMP%2BBAT%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2BBLACK%2BSQD.               IMP%2BTIE%2BSTRIKER%2B2.png

IMP%2BTIE%2BDEF%2BNEW.png                                                      REB%2BHUGE%2BCR%2B90%2BRED.PNG

IMP%2BHUGE%2BGOZANTI%2B2.PNG                    IMP%2BTIE%2BDEF%2BIV%2BNEW.PNG                                    IMP%2BTIE%2BNEW.png REB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN%2BF                SCUM%2BBS%2BY-WING.PNG

BAT%2BTIE%2BBOOM%2B1.PNG  REB%2BBAT%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BPARTISAN%2BF                         SCUM%2BBS%2BY-WING.PNG

I love these visual poems.

I love that cool people like you love them!!!

:D