wurms

Lets Discuss: U-Wing Crew

swx62-jyn-erso-crew.png

Jyn Erso, Wow! What a card! First off, this is not assign another friendly crew, so it works on its own ship!

Kanan VCX. Two arcs, instant focus tokens

Also, did Biggs just get more powerful.

Biggs + R2-F2

Biggs increases his agility to three. Ship with Jyn Erso crew (cough Farlander with E2) gives biggs up to three focus tokens. Then Wes with R2D2 and Draw Their Fire. Brace Yourself just got ramped up

Biggs Darklighter (28)
X-Wing (25), R2-F2 (3), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Janson (34)
X-Wing (29), R2-D2 (4), Draw Their Fire (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Keyan Farlander (38)
B-Wing (29), Fire-Control System (2), Opportunist (4), B-Wing/E2 (1), Jyn Erso (2)

swx62-cassian-andor-crew.png

Intel Agent with part Stay on Target + Navigator!!! For 2pts!

This makes for the greatest blocker the game has ever seen.

Wild Space Fringer + Cassian Crew + Ion Projector/APL

With that dial and barrell roll, there is no place he can't go. Set dial to block what you predict. Choose a maneuver they might do, but you weren't sure. If correct, go there instead! Otherwise proceed to spot you most likely suspected.

What other nasty combos are there for rebels?

EDITED FOR MISTAKES, Forgot Jyn was an action so doesnt help Norra  :P

Edited by wurms

Cassian's also nice for his defensive value. If you think your opponent is going to block you, you can guess the move that would cause the block and respond accordingly.

Jyn Erso will work great on Thane. Shoot at Biggs, and even if he spends his focus token, Thane can give him three more. If Biggs didn't spend the token, then Thane can spend his free action boosting his own offense instead.

“Chopper” (48)

VCX-100 (37), Accuracy Corrector (3), Autoblaster Turret (2), Dash Rendar (2), Cassian Andor (2), Ion Projector (2)

Haha, the ultimate ace killer? You can block them to stress them and ion them. Then next round melt them. Or, if they arent PTL boosting aces like Phantoms, Defenders, just plop yourself nearby, even on a rock with Dash crew, then melt them.

Cassian is awesome. You have NO IDEA how many times ive been in the situation where "He could go left...or he could go right...both are very viable options......ugh WHICH ONE DID HE PICK!?!" and ended up picking the wrong one, despite calling the other would happen as well?

I have literally had several tournament level games come down to this.

Of course, I was flying lists that I wouldn't slap this guy in anyway... And I suppose that's actually going to be my problem. Absolutely a great card, but too situational to take over most other crews... Unless I'm building an uber blocker. Which, hell, maybe there's something there. I DO have two YT-2400s laying around...

Cassian is awesome. You have NO IDEA how many times ive been in the situation where "He could go left...or he could go right...both are very viable options......ugh WHICH ONE DID HE PICK!?!" and ended up picking the wrong one, despite calling the other would happen as well?

I have literally had several tournament level games come down to this.

Of course, I was flying lists that I wouldn't slap this guy in anyway... And I suppose that's actually going to be my problem. Absolutely a great card, but too situational to take over most other crews... Unless I'm building an uber blocker. Which, hell, maybe there's something there. I DO have two YT-2400s laying around...

Cassian also helps to get people off of your tail.

Someone behind you? Can't shake him? Dial in a maneuver, guess the trailing maneuver and redial.

Jyn will not work great on thane because ARCs without Tail gunner or gunner are just laughably pathetic

Besides, jyn probably works better duringvlow ps activation BEFORE everyone can scrable out of your arc or block you

I think you are underestimating Norra.  She can be pretty deadly without Tail Gunner/Gunner (I like Kyle personally) and it's pretty easy to get her to 4-5 (and even 6) hits pretty consistently.

So how is this going to work with Jake? Toss him three focus and have him both BR and boost pre-movement or will he only trigger once from the tokens? Almost pre Phantom-nerf level crazy there if he triggers once per token.

Jyn will not work great on thane because ARCs without Tail gunner or gunner are just laughably pathetic

Besides, jyn probably works better duringvlow ps activation BEFORE everyone can scrable out of your arc or block you

I think you are underestimating Norra.  She can be pretty deadly without Tail Gunner/Gunner (I like Kyle personally) and it's pretty easy to get her to 4-5 (and even 6) hits pretty consistently.

no, I'm just estimating her

i.e I've played tons of games with these guys already, and they're worthless without tail gunner/gunner

yes, even Norra. She's just the only ARC that can hit through an evade token with her rear arc (using TG, ofc)

I have no idea how lucky people are to think they can force any kind of damage through otherwise, but my experience says nope

Edited by ficklegreendice

i.e I've played tons of games with these guys already, and they're worthless without tail gunner/gunner

yes, even Norra. She's just the only ARC that can hit through an evade token with her rear arc (using TG, ofc)

I have no idea how lucky people are to think they can force any kind of damage through otherwise, but my experience says nope

Then maybe you just aren't using the right upgrades.  :)

Then maybe you just aren't using the right upgrades.  :)

tailgunner IS the right upgrade

What scope is there for Jyn in an ARC? The auxiliary arc would give twice as many potential triggers for her ability but general consensus seems to be that ARCs need either Gunner or Tail Gunner to force through damage and need one of these in the crew slot to make them effective.

So how is this going to work with Jake? Toss him three focus and have him both BR and boost pre-movement or will he only trigger once from the tokens? Almost pre Phantom-nerf level crazy there if he triggers once per token.

Single event, so single trigger. Otherwise, Jake would trigger twice off his own Focus action (once for taking a focus action and once for being assigned a focus token) :P