Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

Out of curiosity, I decided to look at the ID numbers of each pack, not the SWX/SKU numbers, and I noticed something :

SWX55 Protectorate = ID token 59/60

SWX56 Shadow = (special) ID token 1-3

SWX57 HOTR = ID token 43-44 (according to wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes_of_the_Resistance_Expansion_Pack)

SWX58 ? =

SWX59 Sabine's Tie = ID token 64

SWX60 Upsilon Shuttle = ID token 65

SWX61 Quadjumper = ID token 66

SWX62 U-wing = ID token 61-62

SWX63 Striker = ID token 63

Seeing as there are no gaps in the ID tokens between 59-66 (and I went back as far as Wave 8, with ID tokens covering nos.48-58), could this indicate that SWX 58 is NOT an expansion pack of some kind? Perhaps simply a game accessory/mat as some have predicted?

Then again, it could be a new core set, seeing as they have a completely different numbering system (Core set = 1-9 and FA core set = 1-6)

Or I could just be barking up the wrong tree and should just be patient.... :)

Out of curiosity, I decided to look at the ID numbers of each pack, not the SWX/SKU numbers, and I noticed something :

SWX57 HOTR = ID token 43-44 (according to wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes_of_the_Resistance_Expansion_Pack)

SWX58 ? =

Seeing as there are no gaps in the ID tokens between 59-66 (and I went back as far as Wave 8, with ID tokens covering nos.48-58), could this indicate that SWX 58 is NOT an expansion pack of some kind? Perhaps simply a game accessory/mat as some have predicted?

Then again, it could be a new core set, seeing as they have a completely different numbering system (Core set = 1-9 and FA core set = 1-6)

Yeah, given that it probably is a new game mat.

That's could be due to copying the T-70 X-wing Expansion Pack entry (which is 43-44) to create the initial stub...?

(additionally, there aren't any at all shown in the spread we've seen so far)

(edit: however, there isn't a SLAM reference card either, and I assume one will be required)

It's an interesting theory though...

...would suggest either a repeat sequencing of older numbers (such as with a Core Set, as you've alluded to) or it'll be >66 (which might imply it wasn't designed in concert with the other R.One ships).

Edited by ABXY

SWX58 ? =

That's an interesting angle, but the ID tokens for the U-wing and the Striker are out of sequence, too, so it might not mean anything.

For what it's worth, the game mats, to date, have followed a different SKU system (SWS23, SWS24, etc.) so I think we can rule out a mat.

A campaign box would be pretty welcome...

On second thought, it's a little weird that the unreleased expansions only have one number for all except the U-wing. I wonder if those are just mock-ups and not actually the final, official, tokens. I actually suspect that's probably true. :(

Found his on Imgur

yQfSbJr.jpg

Um... this would be interesting without it being too overpowered either.  I'm not sure how much experience other people have in epic, but attacking at PS 5 (or higher) is interesting.  At the same time, you still need PS 1 pilots to force a good block (that can really turn the tide).  Also, while having 5 or 6 Z-95s can be fun, having more can become counter productive at other times (too many and you start getting in your own way).

So yeah, this upgrade could be interesting.

Found his on Imgur

(snip)

Um... this would be interesting without it being too overpowered either.  I'm not sure how much experience other people have in epic, but attacking at PS 5 (or higher) is interesting.  At the same time, you still need PS 1 pilots to force a good block (that can really turn the tide).  Also, while having 5 or 6 Z-95s can be fun, having more can become counter productive at other times (too many and you start getting in your own way).

If there was some sort of restriction on how many cumulative increases it granted, I'd be more inclined to think it's genuine...

In Epic, you could theoretically get +12 which, on top of any existing Pilot, could take a PS beyond the previously established ceiling (i.e. the Carlist Rieekan ability that makes every friendly ship PS 12 for a phase).

Edited by ABXY

Found his on Imgur

(snip)

If there was some sort of restriction on how many cumulative increases it granted, I'd be more inclined to think it's genuine...

In Epic, you could theoretically get +12 which, on top of any existing Pilot, could take a PS beyond the previously established ceiling (i.e. the Carlist Rieekan ability that makes every friendly ship PS 12 for a phase).

"genuine"?  Is somebody claiming it's an official FFG card?

Most wanted should read 7 for scum, you forgot the hwk and fs.

That's a different way of counting things, one where I would also have to count the Nashtah Pup. 

There are probably three or four different ways of counting things.

Why would you count the Nashtah Pup separately?  We've already counted Z-95s.

Because it's so much work when you're tired that you have to make a mistake somewhere; 

I just noticed I counted only one Z-95 miniature for the Most Wanted pack, but I'm not re-redoing it. 

You get the point as is; plus I know R4B2 gets it and that was the point to begin with.

... More SWX58 possibilities:

DPV25_POG_F_16.jpg

DPV27_PIP_FE_16_001.jpg

CGW37_Hot_Wheels_Star_Wars_Character_Car

CGW36_Hot_Wheels_Star_Wars_Character_Car

dpv31_c_16_182.jpg

CGW51_Hot_Wheels_Star_Wars_Character_Car

Oh those are hideous toys!

SWX58 ? =

What about by target locks?

SWX52 Imperial Vets = AA/BB

SWX53 ARC-170 = CC/DD

SWX54 TIE/sf = EE/FF

SWX55 Protectorate = GG/HH

SWX56 Shadow Caster = II/JJ

SWX57 HOTR = No TL

SWX58 ? =

SWX59 Sabine's Tie = No TL

SWX60 Upsilon Shuttle = MM/NN

SWX61 Quadjumper = No TL

SWX62 U-wing = KK/LL

SWX63 Striker = No TL

....sooo...hmm.  Either SWX58 has no TL, I guess, or it's totally OP. 

Comparing the Imperial Assault Carrier epic-scale ship (IE., the last Epic-scale released so far)...also no TL tokens, also no number tokens.  Not necessarily saying a lot, as all three earlier Epic-scale ships DID have target lock tokens...but the latest one does not.  And in any case, none of the four come with number tokens.

IMHO, this points pretty heavily to SWX58 being a Scum 'epic'-scale.  (It could also have been a good argument for a non-ship product, such as a mat - if not for non-game components such as dice bags, sleeves, mats, etc using a different SKU schema, in being 'SWS-something')

SWX58 ? =

There are a lot of expansions that didn't have ID Tokens, according to the wiki (and still not leaving any gaps.

Large:

Lambda

YT-2400

VT-49

IG-2000

Hound's Tooth

Ghost

Small:

K-Wing

TIE Punisher

Sets:

Most Wanted

HOTR (?)

Huge:

Tantive IV

Imperial Raider

Imperial Assault Carrier

Half of the large base ships did not have ID tokens, although they have again in recent waves, so I would be sceptical

A set similar to MW/HOTR?  Although Imp and Rebel Aces and Vets all had tokens, so its not a great precedent.

Only 1 of the huge sets had tokens.  It was early on and came with an X-Wing,  This is promising!

Or as you said, the Force Awakens sets went 1-10 again, so maybe something else like that, although it also seems unlikely they'd release a third 1-10 series.

Of course it could just as easily be a novelty hat accessory!  Just pointing out that the lack of a missing ID doesn't definitely mean it's not ships! :D

IMHO, this points pretty heavily to SWX58 being a Scum 'epic'-scale.  (It could also have been a good argument for a non-ship product, such as a mat - if not for non-game components such as dice bags, sleeves, mats, etc using a different SKU schema, in being 'SWS-something')

The dice pack, dial upgrades and colored bases all have SWX product code, so it still can be a non-ship product.

The dice pack, dial upgrades and colored bases all have SWX product code, so it still can be a non-ship product.

"You're so right." - Kylo Ren.

adam-driver-reveals-why-kylo-ren-is-a-be

Edited by gabe69velasquez

You are right it ca bea nonship pack, but hopefully it isnt. I'm still holding out hope that it is Rogue One related,and maybe in the shape of the Partisan Xwing.

You are right it ca bea nonship pack, but hopefully it isnt. I'm still holding out hope that it is Rogue One related,and maybe in the shape of the Partisan Xwing.

Unbelievable, and all this time I thought someone who didn't know Rebel and Partisan are synonymous

was making this idea up and spamming the forum with it,

but apparently it's a real thing:

FB_IMG_1472828673735.jpg

Although I personally would be more interested in getting Jabba the Hutt and Scum Epic,

I see how FFG has go follow the Disney production machine,

and so this may very well be our missing SWX58.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

The CGI mockup is wrong, though - if you look at the movie stills, compare where the astromech sits.  Nothing there!

Ditto the Micro Machines model - it definitely looks like the Partisan X-Wing does not feature an astromech slot.

Pretty big difference between the Scum and Rebel T-65s, then...  ;)

(FWIW, I'm coming around to the opinion that SWX58 is not the Partisan X-Wing - that's more likely to be SWX64 or SWX65, IMHO.  Unless SWX58 is an Epic-scale Scum ship that comes with the Partisan X-Wing, but that would be quite the whopper of a spoiler for the movie, and it just doesn't feel like it would fit in the SKU lineup in the right spot)

Yes, but the movie stills are shot so that you're looking UP at the Xwing (or at least level with it) so you can't see if there's a droid socket or not. At those angles, unless the droid was stll in the socket, you wouldn't be able to tell if it had one or not.

Edited by gaerithe