Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

I'd like the sku number to be one big box of cards and pilot bases, and for it to be called "X-Wing: The Fixes".

The box would contain titles, upgrades, pilots, and general fixes and re-balancing tools for for the Scyk, E-Wing, Starviper, K-Fighter, T-65, Firespray, generic Phantoms, TIE Punisher, G-1A Starfighter, maybe something very minor for the HWK.

The box would also re-release a ton of cards that were almost well designed with minor fixes; including Rage, Systems Officer, Cloaking Device, Elusiveness, Expert Handling, Bodyguard, Saboteur, and re-cost decent but overpriced cards like Hotshot Blaster, Autoblaster Cannon, a handful of ordnance cards, Hull and Shield Upgrade, Fleet Officer, Opportunist, etc.

...yeah, I know that I might as well be wishing for a pile of gold on top of a dragon that shoots rainbow lasers out of its mouth, but still...we're fantasizing in this thread, right?

Hmm... Trying to calculate all the money that would cut from FFG... Lets see...

At least 2 Epic expansions there with fixes... maybe 3... and lets say 4 Ace style packs...

Yep, they'd lose probably well over a million dollars if they did that. Think it's safe to say you are better off sitting and wishing for that pile of gold. :P

Now I'm starting to think that the missing SKU could very well be a Rogue One box that has a spoiler and FFG can't reveal until closer to the movie release. Plus, where's K-2SO? and we need a Scum ship from R1 (I would expect), right? And of course, I'm really sure FFG will give us Rogue One T-65s. I'm changing my bet to a R1 expansion.

The above is a very good point. Both K-2SO and Chirrut Imwe crew cards and a Jyn Erso pilot card are all notable omissions.

I wonder if they're making a Rogue One set that includes both a U-Wing and a T-65 (in that black & white "Partisan" pattern, as linked to in this thread). It wouldn't necessarily be a Core set, either.

Or, if they really wanted to go big, make it a special "scenario" box that includes a U-Wing, T-65, and a pair of TIE Strikers with a whole bunch of Rogue One related scenarios. Not a campaign on the order of HotAC, but sort of a mini-campaign. (While I'd love a campaign, I thought I'd seen word out of GenCon that FFG didn't think a campaign system really fit with X-Wing in their plans).

Admittedly, now I've gone straight from speculation into pure wish-list territory!

Thanks WAC7 that was what I was referring to.

That hasnt stopped them before. Such as Assaj Ventris in the Shadowcaster, she wasnt originally in it.

This is actually wrong. She flew one, named the Banshee, in the canon novel Dark Disciple.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Banshee_(starship)

The ship was intended to be used as Asajj's personal ship in the Clone Wars animated series, but the series ended before they could use it. It was used in Rebels instead.

I was meaning that she wasnt originally slated to be a pilot in the expansion for the ship in the game.

Not whether she flew one in the fluff.

Where'd you hear that? Her name was in the card fan in the original announcement article.

There was a brief window in which the card fan image showed two other pilots, not Sabine and Asajj. The image was quickly switched out for the current one.

Well, lets consider both the timing and the placement of the expansion.  

Placement

SWX52 Imperial Vets

--Wave 9

SWX53 ARC-170 

SWX54 TIE/sf

SWX55 Protectorate Starfighter

SWX56 Shadow Caster 

SWX57 Heroes of the Resistance 

SWX58 ??????

--Wave 10

SWX59 Sabine's TIE

SWX60 Upsilon Shuttle

SWX61 Quad Jumper

SWX62 U-Wing  

SWX63 TIE STRIKER 

Between Wave 9 and 10  

Wave 9 releases Sept. 22, and Wave 10 is promised to hit before the movie comes out, so sometime before December 16th.  It's placement between waves 9 and 10 leads me to believe it will be released between those dates.  One date that stands out is Force Friday, September 30th.  While this year isn't expected to be as big as last year's, it's still possible FFG wanted to do something special for it. It's possible they know we will flip the bus once we find out what it is, so they're keeping it secret for a special occasion.  Consider how they gave us a filler article this past Monday.  It was supposed to be about PS9 Poe, but they decided to show off maneuver dials. :/  It's almost like they're dragging their feet to get a certain timing right.  

Also, consider this: 

SWX21 Imperial Aces 

----

SWX28 Most Wanted

SWX29 Rebel Aces

Though it doesn't exactly line up, we are "due" for some sort of counterpart for Imperial Vets. Since the newest Force Awakens and Rogue One ships have been announced, scratch those possibilities.   While yes, Scum needs the "aces treatment" as Alex Davy puts it, Huge Ship expansions need a small ship packaged with it to boost sales, and this is most likely where we will see "fixes" to Scum.  I therefore predict:

Rebel Veterans

Announced Monday, September 26th 

Released September 30th, Force Friday 

Also, consider this: 

SWX21 Imperial Aces 

----

SWX28 Most Wanted

SWX29 Rebel Aces

Though it doesn't exactly line up, we are "due" for some sort of counterpart for Imperial Vets. Since the newest Force Awakens and Rogue One ships have been announced, scratch those possibilities.   While yes, Scum needs the "aces treatment" as Alex Davy puts it, Huge Ship expansions need a small ship packaged with it to boost sales, and this is most likely where we will see "fixes" to Scum.  I therefore predict:

Rebel Veterans

I really don't expect a Rebel Veterans release any time soon.  There's already a rebel re-release pack coming - Heroes of the Resistance.  I doubt they'd create two rebel recycled packs simultaneously.  I'm hoping for a Scum tie-in with Rogue One.  That band of bounty hunters working for the rebellion is bound to have plenty of scum material to draw from.

I'm betting it's another core set. This game is booming so fast, they can't sell enough of those to all the new players. Rogue One will probably justify a third kind of X-Wing and maybe some other new kind of TIE fighter, and they'll make a third kind of core set to sell with the new movie. That's how we'll get an X-Wing fix!

Well, lets consider both the timing and the placement of the expansion.  

Placement

SWX52 Imperial Vets

--Wave 9

SWX53 ARC-170 

SWX54 TIE/sf

SWX55 Protectorate Starfighter

SWX56 Shadow Caster 

SWX57 Heroes of the Resistance 

SWX58 ??????

--Wave 10

SWX59 Sabine's TIE

SWX60 Upsilon Shuttle

SWX61 Quad Jumper

SWX62 U-Wing  

SWX63 TIE STRIKER 

Between Wave 9 and 10  

Wave 9 releases Sept. 22, and Wave 10 is promised to hit before the movie comes out, so sometime before December 16th.  It's placement between waves 9 and 10 leads me to believe it will be released between those dates.  One date that stands out is Force Friday, September 30th.  While this year isn't expected to be as big as last year's, it's still possible FFG wanted to do something special for it. It's possible they know we will flip the bus once we find out what it is, so they're keeping it secret for a special occasion.  Consider how they gave us a filler article this past Monday.  It was supposed to be about PS9 Poe, but they decided to show off maneuver dials. :/  It's almost like they're dragging their feet to get a certain timing right.  

Also, consider this: 

SWX21 Imperial Aces 

----

SWX28 Most Wanted

SWX29 Rebel Aces

Rebel Veterans

Heroes of the Resistance IS the rebel aces pack this time around.  The "The Garbage Will Do" article explicitely called it one:

Like all the other "aces" expansions for X-Wing, Heroes of the Resistance revisits one or more of the ships already in the game—two, in this case—and updates them with new miniatures, ship cards, and upgrades.

I don't expect them to get another one before scum gets theirs and the next round starts.  IF we see something for rebels for that sku, I'd expect either a core set or an x-wing/tie fighter combo pack with stuff from rogue one.

I hope for a Scum epic with fixes for the Scyk/Kihraxz/Starviper, an Epic ship is the only thing missing in the Scum lineup.

This...just to know what it is! I don't mind what it is, or how long we have to wait for it...but I just want to know if it's something other than an Action IV ...then I can maybe get a 3D-printed one and not be gnashing my teeth a few months down the line  :unsure: