Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

Guest BladeWing24

My local lgs said he is receiving another shipment from ffg the day after the movie opens. It is mainly more uwings and tie strikers but if I was going to send out spoiler stuff it would be on that shipment.

My local lgs said he is receiving another shipment from ffg the day after the movie opens. It is mainly more uwings and tie strikers but if I was going to send out spoiler stuff it would be on that shipment.

Good to know and I would agree with you.  Give that my LGS was happy to sell me them on my way out last night, putting SXW58 (or anything 'new') in that box was a sure-fire spoiler freebie.

Edited by Bojanglez

Guest BladeWing24

The problem is that there is nothing in Rogue One which could be considered a spoiler when put into X-wing.

How about scum Xwings? Also the new capital ship turns out it belongs to a race that was kind of well represented in the rebellion, but its origins weren't obivious and it kind of changes when they got into the fight.

Guest BladeWing24

Good to know and I would agree with you.  Give that my LGS was happy to sell me them on my way out last night, putting SXW58 (or anything 'new') in that box was a sure-fire spoiler freebie.

Also he was quite specific when they would be ready for purchase at 5pm

The problem is that there is nothing in Rogue One which could be considered a spoiler when put into X-wing.

How about scum Xwings? Also the new capital ship turns out it belongs to a race that was kind of well represented in the rebellion, but its origins weren't obivious and it kind of changes when they got into the fight.

Not a single named pilot in the movie, not a single battle scene in the movie, not even a single one in flight, Partisan X-wing wouldn't be a spoiler.

And I don't agree that the partisan X would go to Scum. Saw's people, while not part of the Alliance, are clearly rebels.

Nevermind that there's no real basis for it in the movie, what role would the X-wing possibly serve in the scum faction? They already have a ship that is basically an X-wing stat wise that already doesn't see play as it is.

The second shipment of FFG stuff for today is intriguing, but there indeed wasn't really anything spoilery in the movie itself in regards to new things for X-wing miniatures. The General guy with the mustache and blue squadron show up in the trailers, and wouldn't be any more spoilery than stuff in the Striker and U-wing.

Edited by Otacon

The second shipment of FFG stuff for today is intriguing...

FFG isn't going to just send random product to shops unsolicited (with the exception of promo materials and such), the shops would have to order the product to get it.

The second shipment of FFG stuff for today is intriguing...

FFG isn't going to just send random product to shops unsolicited (with the exception of promo materials and such), the shops would have to order the product to get it.

Oh, for sure. Just going on what the other user said on the previous page. It seems unlikely that there'd be something this secret about to drop given that, as you'd think some FLGS owner/employee would have leaked whatever it is by now, or at the very least leak that they'd ordered SWX58 if that's all the info there was on it.

Not a single named pilot in the movie, not a single battle scene in the movie, not even a single one in flight, Partisan X-wing wouldn't be a spoiler.

And I don't agree that the partisan X would go to Scum. Saw's people, while not part of the Alliance, are clearly rebels.

Except:

1) When Jyn asked if Saw's people were part of the Rebellion, Mon Mothma very specifically and clearly said 'no they are not'

2) The whole reason Jyn was brought in was not to reach her father - Saw had that information - but to get to Saw, as his partisans would otherwise shoot Rebels on-sight.

3) Saw's fear on his first conversation with Jyn was that Mon Mothma had sent Jyn to assassinate him

4) At no point in the movie - not one frame - do we see the Partisans fighting for the Rebel Alliance.  Heck, they DO shoot at the Rebels, and as soon as they capture them they throw them all in their prison.

Sure, Saw's last line before he dies makes it seem like he's "repented" back to the side of the 'good guys'.  FFG says - last second repenting before death?  No faction change:

Darth-vader.png

Which is really why I think SWX58 makes the most sense as a 'Scum' partisan X-Wing.  That Saw Gerrera is not, and does not become, part of the Rebel Alliance - not something I think most people would expect from the trailers.

Edited by xanderf