Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

PartisansThe Partisans were a group allied to the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War, led by the Onderonian Saw Gerrera. The Partisans were also responsible for enough attacks resulting in civilian casualties that the Galactic Empire in response made a propaganda poster denouncing the Rebel Alliance as a terrorist group. The campaigns of the Partisans were later mentioned by New Republic Senator Ransolm Casterfo as an example of the Rebels' so-called terrorist tactics during the war.

Partisan (Terrorist) Sub-faction, maybe.

Although the land war expansion seems possible,

it couldn't be just one expansion.

Could you fit an AT-AT in a core set box?

If you read 'Catalyst', you'd know that while Saw Gerrera may have later been associated with the Rebellion (IE., maybe during the events of 'Rogue One') - he unquestionably starts out a bog standard bounty hunter/smuggler/scum.

(To be fair, 'Catalyst' covers a portion of his career that mentions no 'partisans', so who knows - but Saw is Scum at that point, anyway.)

Saw is a rebel by the end of this book.

Oh, was Catalyst any good? Not going to hunt it down and read it before the film at this point, but like the idea of seeing more Saw.
The best book of the new canon IMO. But Saw is a veeery minor character, if you buy for him you will be disappointed.

What if the missing SKU is some sort of absolutely crazy spoiler like Darth Vader gets into an X-wing and absolutely wrecks face?

FFG gives us an X-wing ex-pac with five new rebel pilots from the movie and Darth Freaking Vader as an Imperial X-wing pilot.  Might be fun.  No reason they couldn't do it.  Might explain the secrecy?  I mean, it's not like they could spoil Kylo Ren with a new "Patricide" EPT before EpVII came out.

I know it's crazy, but would it be cool?

What if the missing SKU is some sort of absolutely crazy spoiler like Darth Vader gets into an X-wing and absolutely wrecks face?

FFG gives us an X-wing ex-pac with five new rebel pilots from the movie and Darth Freaking Vader as an Imperial X-wing pilot.  Might be fun.  No reason they couldn't do it.  Might explain the secrecy?  I mean, it's not like they could spoil Kylo Ren with a new "Patricide" EPT before EpVII came out.

Assume you mean 'Sabine' when you type 'Darth'?

If it exists (and not just a 'missed number', then I'm assuming it's going to be something like that - a spoiler from the end-of-season of rebels, or from rogue one, that Disney doesn't want to let out of the bag, to an "I am your father" level.

So....a TIE Defender prototype with "Snoke", "Mace Windu" and "Sabine Wren" as Imperial pilots, whose card artwork of the ghost being shot out of the air, then.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Posted something similar in another thread about the missing SKU, but have given it some extra thought. Assuming SWX58 isn't simply an abandoned product, then what about one of the following:

Disney Parks Exclusive ship - available only at Star Traders at Disneyland and Disney Hollywood studios, they could actually put the Starspeeder 1000 (or 3000?) in the game with C-3PO, RX024 and "ACE" as pilots, give it a crew and an astromech slot with alt-art/ability R2 and 3PO and maybe something fun like R2-D60 (the 60th Anniversary of DL Droid Factory droid, and looks really cool in Disney blues)

----------------------------OR---------------------------

Convention Exclusive product for the 2017 con circuit: Probably an existing ship with an alt paint scheme and alt-art cards, but they could go full Heroclix and give us a huge ship like the Hammerhead (similar to the San Diego exclusive 18" tall Spectre from a number of years ago)

--------------------------OR------------------------------

Free Comic Book day alt-paint job ship with single pilot card (probably an X-wing so that it matches the name of the game)

Again, almost certainly an abandoned product number, but I'd love to see any or all of the above at some point regardless of the SKU.

If it exists (and not just a 'missed number', then I'm assuming it's going to be something like that - a spoiler from the end-of-season of rebels, or from rogue one, that Disney doesn't want to let out of the bag, to an "I am your father" level.

So....a TIE Defender prototype with "Snoke", "Mace Windu" and "Sabine Wren" as Imperial pilots, whose card artwork of the ghost being shot out of the air, then.

A dual crew card, Mace on one side, Snoke on the reverse accounting for the 30odd years between his "death" and reappearance. Mace Windu is Snoke! 

That won't make sense to release until Ep8 comes out though. SX58 is way too early for it.

Maybe it's a Rebel Firespray with Sabine and her mom as pilots.

But it's not an abandoned product. Didn't frank mention it in his gold squad interview at worlds? Something to the effect of it's a secret but you will like it? And x-wing isn't a collectible game so an exclusive ship seems unlikely.

But it's not an abandoned product. Didn't frank mention it in his gold squad interview at worlds? Something to the effect of it's a secret but you will like it? And x-wing isn't a collectible game so an exclusive ship seems unlikely.

They flat out asked about SWX58.  Alex Davy said "No Comment" but then added "Wait and see, it will be fun"

They flat out asked about SWX58.  Alex Davy said "No Comment" but then added "Wait and see, it will be fun"

To quote Wayne Campbell: "I was not aware of this."

IDK, crazy doesn't seem to be FFG's MO.

30730451503_1b7da46eb8.jpg

Forgive me if it's been brought up as I don't want to read 33 pages of responses but what about product swx20. I didn't see any product related to that code either. Was that the cancelled "star field tiles"

Forgive me if it's been brought up as I don't want to read 33 pages of responses but what about product swx20. I didn't see any product related to that code either. Was that the cancelled "star field tiles"

yeah, 20 was the "X-wing: Starfield Game Tile Kit"

yeah, 20 was the "X-wing: Starfield Game Tile Kit"

The point being that FFG has never, to date, gotten a product to the point of having a SKU assigned that didn't at least get announced.  (And in nearly every instance, it got released - supposedly, some Starfield Tile Kits did get made, but quality control was so bad with them, and the play experience mediocre enough, that they never got released)

Things don't generally get a SKU until they are far enough along in development that retailers need to start planning for buys of them.

SWX58 is a life size deathstar!

That would be kinda tricky to hide.

A some 450m wide sphere makes storage slightly problematic....

Life size would be slightly larger than 450 meters :P
And thats why there has been no announcement for SWX58 yet...

Its taking sooooo long to build!

Solved!! :P

Edited by phocion

SWX58 is a life size deathstar!

That would be kinda tricky to hide.

A some 450m wide sphere makes storage slightly problematic....

CR90 Corvette
150m/450=
333.3mm, 13.12 in

Deathstar I
120000/450= 
266666.667mm (266.67m) , 
10498.688 in (874.89 ft.), 
291.63 yd (2.43 football fields)