Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

Partisans

The Partisans were a group allied to the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War, led by the Onderonian Saw Gerrera. The Partisans were also responsible for enough attacks resulting in civilian casualties that the Galactic Empire in response made a propaganda poster denouncing the Rebel Alliance as a terrorist group. The campaigns of the Partisans were later mentioned by New Republic Senator Ransolm Casterfo as an example of the Rebels' so-called terrorist tactics during the war.

Partisan (Terrorist) Sub-faction, maybe.

Although the land war expansion seems possible,

it couldn't be just one expansion.

Could you fit an AT-AT in a core set box?

Should work. They are as tall as a Lambda and a lot slimmer.

Partisans

The Partisans were a group allied to the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War, led by the Onderonian Saw Gerrera. The Partisans were also responsible for enough attacks resulting in civilian casualties that the Galactic Empire in response made a propaganda poster denouncing the Rebel Alliance as a terrorist group. The campaigns of the Partisans were later mentioned by New Republic Senator Ransolm Casterfo as an example of the Rebels' so-called terrorist tactics during the war.

Should work. They are as tall as a Lambda and a lot slimmer.

Yeah, I just checked to be sure.

31496879615_a7507d1676_c.jpg

Won't be another 'core set', if for no other reason than those are major marketing blitzes that get into Targets, Wal*Marts, almost all Barnes & Noble stores, etc.  I mean, FFG may well do such a thing again in the future, but...I doubt it, this time.  Those chains are SO big, with SO many employees, keeping a secret that is distributed that widely?  Impossible.  And SWX58 is still secret.  So it's not gone to the Targets/Wal*Marts/etc, which means it's not a core set.

That's making the assumption that it would already be shipping to retailers.

Whatever it is, it's clear that it's not going to be released with the Striker and U-Wing.

I don't think it is a core set, but I don't think your reasoning is enough to rule it out completely.

The longer we go without it being announced the more I have a feeling it's something that was developed and then dropped as it didn't work the way they wanted. The old tiles had a code iirc.

Edited by Spaceman91

Guest BladeWing24

After seeing the Chinese trailer I think it is a t65 related thing

Just ordered twenty of these babies... ain't gonna tell why either!

s-l1600.jpg

:P  :P  :P

R1LW.jpg

Do we know the size of the cargo hold hole in the side of the AT-ACT?

If it's big enough, I'm calling it now: an x-wing or u-wing will fly straight through one at some point in this sequence.

Edited by thespaceinvader

s-l1600.jpg

R1LW.jpg

If it's big enough, I'm calling it now: an x-wing or u-wing will fly straight through one at some point in this sequence.

A U-wing will snap it's wings forward, zip through the open cargo hold as commando troops jump out to storm the bridge and commandeer the walker.

A U-wing will snap it's wings forward, zip through the open cargo hold as commando troops jump out to storm the bridge and commandeer the walker.

Yup.  That is totally happening.

Next week cannot come soon enough.

Edited by thespaceinvader

s-l1600.jpg

R1LW.jpg

Fly through? You mean land in, right? Ala Luke Skywalker rising a grenade in one?

The longer we go without it being announced the more I have a feeling it's something that was developed and then dropped as it didn't work the way they wanted. The old tiles had a code iirc.

This. 

If it's not a mat, it was a T-65 fix or the Gunboat, both of which were scrapped for being broken and lame, respectively. You can blame Rebel regen for the former and an over-hyped following for the latter. 

$3 says that's *specifically* why they were designed that way. I mean, there HAS to be an easier way to deliver/drop cargo, right?

Some guy in a storyboard meeting wanted fighters flying between the legs of AT-ATs, and somebody else got a totally ridiculous idea and managed to push it through.

Probably with a lot of jumping and shrieking. I imagine he had done, like, a TON of coke that morning...

That poor guy should really get some help...

Edited by NotBatman

An X-Wing compatible AT-AT would be so amazing, that it might actually get me off my current Destiny craze!

LW%2BSCALE%2BEMP%2B1%2BPRE.jpg

Dessun...

or:

Dattun...

41xyzzhswtL.jpg

Dems both work.

:lol:

I just... seeing that AT-AT on it's base, to scale with fighters and troopers makes me want a ground variant so badly.

It reminds me of the days of the original Battlefront (2004) when I would write stats etc. for everything and try to source models to make a tabletop game out of it.  "Save the dream." :,(

Partisans

If you read 'Catalyst', you'd know that while Saw Gerrera may have later been associated with the Rebellion (IE., maybe during the events of 'Rogue One') - he unquestionably starts out a bog standard bounty hunter/smuggler/scum.

(To be fair, 'Catalyst' covers a portion of his career that mentions no 'partisans', so who knows - but Saw is Scum at that point, anyway.)

Saw is a rebel by the end of this book.

Partisans

If you read 'Catalyst', you'd know that while Saw Gerrera may have later been associated with the Rebellion (IE., maybe during the events of 'Rogue One') - he unquestionably starts out a bog standard bounty hunter/smuggler/scum.

(To be fair, 'Catalyst' covers a portion of his career that mentions no 'partisans', so who knows - but Saw is Scum at that point, anyway.)

Saw is a rebel by the end of this book.

Oh, was Catalyst any good? Not going to hunt it down and read it before the film at this point, but like the idea of seeing more Saw.

An X-Wing compatible AT-AT would be so amazing, that it might actually get me off my current Destiny craze!

BOSS%2527%2BLAND%2BWAR%2BBASE%2BSIX%2BSC

:lol:

I just... seeing that AT-AT on it's base, to scale with fighters and troopers makes me want a ground variant so badly.

It reminds me of the days of the original Battlefront (2004) when I would write stats etc. for everything and try to source models to make a tabletop game out of it.  "Save the dream." :,(

I need to get all of my cute little troopers cleaned up and on bases and such still...

It IS Cool Brah.

:)