Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

There is a case to be made for a Rogue One Core Box Set that would take the game in a new direction.

pic3275883_lg.png

The walker at the back, did they forget to put a texture on its side?

SWX58 - the missing texture?

Nope. These are AT-ACT (All Terrain - Armoured Cargo Transport) and one of them is transporting a container and the other is not ;)

If the make a ground assault game I want them to make it coherent to the rest of the Star Wars Universe: Proton Torpedoes should be able to oneshot everything (including AT-ATs) and X-Wing Lasers should be able to penetrate an AT-ATs armour with ease.

In Rebels Ghost's torpedoes aren't very effective against the AT-ATs.

Because it' Rebels. Shielded Gozantis got taken out by dropped cargo... Like The Clone Wars where Capital Ship artillery suddenly has only the firepower of a 20th century naval gun.

Watch the right N1 Starfighter at 00:35:

A fireball of about 200m diamater in space equals some serious nuclear weaponry.

And these are light and outdated Proton Torpedoes.

The ones used during the Battle of Yavin were even more powerfull but no more omnidirectional. Instead they were nuclear shaped charges causing the fireball and radiation to project only into the direction of the target.

There is a reason I gave Torpedo equipped fighter in my Star Wars conversion of Dirtside II NUKE ammunition making one X-Wing as expensive as at least three AT-ATs.

Additional interesting fact: As these weapons have to be used in massed volleys to reliably take down the shields of a capital ship one can make good assumptions of Star Wars weapons yields and shield power using movie canon only.

Edited by RogueLeader42

Because it' Rebels. Shielded Gozantis got taken out by dropped cargo... Like The Clone Wars where Capital Ship artillery suddenly has only the firepower of a 20th century naval gun.

A fireball of about 200m diamater in space equals some serious nuclear weaponry.

The ones used during the Battle of Yavin were even more powerfull but no more omnidirectional. Instead they were nuclear shaped charges causing the fireball and radiation to project only into the direction of the target.

There is a reason I gave Torpedo equipped fighter in my Star Wars conversion of Dirtside II NUKE ammunition making one X-Wing as expensive as at least three AT-ATs.

Additional interesting fact: As these weapons have to be used in massed volleys to reliably take down the shields of a capital ship one can make good assumptions of Star Wars weapons yields and shield power using movie canon only.

I forgot how awfully good that scene is. And by awfully good, I mean literally good because it is so awful. Oh man. fantastic.

So... back on topic. What is SWX58 going to be?

The U-wing got revealed, Rogue One is going to be in the cinema´s soon, the Rebels series keeps on featuring new ship; so... what´s it gonna be?

- A T-65 X-wing based on Rogue One?

- Rebel Veterans? (Or early Rebels or whatever you want it to be), being:

- Two X-wings

- One X-wing and one Y-wing

- One Y-wing and one E-wing

- One X-wing, one Y-wing, and one E-wing

- The new Phantom Shuttle?

- The Scum/Imperial Mandalorian ship from Rebels?

- Darth Mauls ship? (We already have a ridiculously personalized TIE fighter after all)

- A ship secretly designed by Paul Heaver?

- Scum and Villainy Epic?

- Bespin Cloud Cars? (With the new Rogue One TIE we went into the realm of atmospheric fighters)

- A Gunboat (a fan favorite)

- Imperial Troop Shuttle?

Edited by Cununculus

I'm putting my vote into the peripheral ballot box... Likely a Rogue One play mat. 

If it was a ship expansion they've done the impossible in keeping it secret. Wouldn't we have seen it/them during the leaks that surfaced from that trade show expose a few months ago? 

OR it got lost on one of those scuttled / embargo'd barges. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHde6ey45eM&t=0m35s

I forgot how awfully good that scene is. And by awfully good, I mean literally good because it is so awful. Oh man. fantastic.

Oh dear god. Now I know exactly why it's been a womderful thing that I've avoiding watching that prequel. Some terrible acting topped by a mountain of cheese.

So... back on topic. What is SWX58 going to be?

The U-wing got revealed, Rogue One is going to be in the cinema´s soon, the Rebels series keeps on featuring new ship; so... what´s it gonna be?

- A T-65 X-wing based on Rogue One?

- Rebel Veterans? (Or early Rebels or whatever you want it to be), being:

- Two X-wings

- One X-wing and one Y-wing

- One Y-wing and one E-wing

- One X-wing, one Y-wing, and one E-wing

- The new Phantom Shuttle?

- The Scum/Imperial Mandalorian ship from Rebels?

- Darth Mauls ship? (We already have a ridiculously personalized TIE fighter after all)

- A ship secretly designed by Paul Heaver?

- Scum and Villainy Epic?

- Bespin Cloud Cars? (With the new Rogue One TIE we went into the realm of atmospheric fighters)

- A Gunboat (a fan favorite)

- Imperial Troop Shuttle?

Originally I thought a new core with Striker and U-wings, new damage deck, replacing the old core, while containing the cards which are only in that one (Luke, Biggs, R2D2, R2F2, Mauler, Night Beast, Dark Curse). The X and TIE l/n could still be get over the expansions. Maybe even a big box, containing even X and TIE l/n and updated rule book with flow chart.

But that was long before the Striker and U-wing as individual expansions revealed.

Right now I am leaning [actually more like hoping :) ] towards R1 story campaign box, containing cards like K2SO, maybe Krennic etc. But probably not that likely.

I'm putting my vote into the peripheral ballot box... Likely a Rogue One play mat. 

If it was a ship expansion they've done the impossible in keeping it secret. Wouldn't we have seen it/them during the leaks that surfaced from that trade show expose a few months ago? 

OR it got lost on one of those scuttled / embargo'd barges. 

As has been pointed out before in a few threads on this subject, it's almost certainly not going to be a playmat, those have a different product code(SWS) from X-wing specific releases(i.e. the SWX-58 in question). I'm not sure what trade show leak you're talking about, the only actual leak over the last few months I can think of is the Italian distributor spreadsheet leak, which only went up to Wave 9(the information that was an actual leak at the time) and Heroes of the Resistance.

Originally I thought a new core with Striker and U-wings, new damage deck, replacing the old core, while containing the cards which are only in that one (Luke, Biggs, R2D2, R2F2, Mauler, Night Beast, Dark Curse). The X and TIE l/n could still be get over the expansions. Maybe even a big box, containing even X and TIE l/n and updated rule book with flow chart.

Actually a very good idea.

This way people won't miss out on the old cards and will only benefit with new changes and cool stuff. Hmm...chalk another good idea down for Managarmr,  well done Sir!

SWX-58 = Sabine Expansion for all ships; one Sabine pilot card for every ship released that does not already have her as a pilot. 

Oh oh oh

GHOST PS5: SABINE WREN.

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE EXECUTING YOUR MANEUVER, YOU MAY PERFORM A FREE BARREL ROLL OR BOOST ACTION.

add EPT

add Sabine's masterpiece for extra crew and illicit slot

Do it FFG

DO IT

Back to topic, I think there's no reason for FFG to leave out the partisan X-Wing from the game.

I mean, this game's name is X-Wing. X-wing is crippled. Poe's Black One paint scheme is in the game and I see no reason for partisan livery to be missed

Media coverage on the partisan X-wing is suspiciously very minimum. Even strikers got more coverage!

So. regardless of whether SWX58 will be the partisan aces pack or not they better release partisan X-wing.

If they have the audacity not to do it...

I will beg them to like the community did gunboat  :(

Media coverage on the partisan X-wing is suspiciously very minimum. Even strikers got more coverage!

That'd imply it's either not important at all in the movie (that never stopped FFG) or the opposite, it's impossible to show it without spoilers. If the latter is true and if the SWX58 is (or contains) partisan X-wing, it'd make perfect sense for FFG not to show it before the movie or before the Dinsey marketing reveals it first.

I somehow managed to mis the partisan X-wing. Where in the trailers is it? :unsure:

In the trailers there is only a single shot of a crashed one:

949600202a600.jpg

Edited by eMeM