Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

mis11-1024x640.jpg

g3.jpg

They already made the gunboat. They just made it all nice and purdy.

30652330602_e804c17e8e_z.jpg

I wonder if they also mistake the the YT-2400 for a YT-1300 or an T-65 for a T-70.

I wonder if they also mistake the the YT-2400 for a YT-1300 or an T-65 for a T-70.

Close enough if you ask some of us, Un-Imperial-looking stuff that's never going to happen. LOL.

Without a solid marketing hook/backdrop we'll get a TIE-Anythingelse before them.

Royal Guard TIE Punisher anyone?

Edited by gabe69velasquez

I would love gunboat from ffg so much, but the chances are super low, this ship is unrecognisable and has no appereances outside the simulator game. Tie punisher is probably your replacement, even if it sucks.

Any ugly that only a mother/family could love, ... the Imperial Family, it's TIE so Imperial players have to love it. 

A thread 20 pages long of pure speculation ... all over a part number that hasn't been used as of yet ...

This is getting ALMOST as epic as the GUNBOAT thread ...

:P  :D  :lol:

At least we know SWX58 is (or was, or will be) a real product at one point.  The gunboat on the other hand...

Ordinarily, I would probably concede this point, but ...

I also play FFG's game Descent 2nd Edition.  The game currently has product codes DJ01 - DJ44.

Product code DJ06 has never been used.  Unlink X-Wing, D2e never had something like the tile kit that was announced, but never produced.

DJ06 is like the Missing Man Formation for D2e.  Perhaps SWX58 will be the same way for X-Wing.  :(

A thread 20 pages long of pure speculation ... all over a part number that hasn't been used as of yet ...

At least we know SWX58 is (or was, or will be) a real product at one point.  The gunboat on the other hand...

I also play FFG's game Descent 2nd Edition.  The game currently has product codes DJ01 - DJ44.

Product code DJ06 has never been used.  Unlink X-Wing, D2e never had something like the tile kit that was announced, but never produced.

DJ06 is like the Missing Man Formation for D2e.  Perhaps SWX58 will be the same way for X-Wing.  :(

I think you're using a little too much poetic licence with the "Missing Man Formation" theory.

It's a product that they made or were going to make, and they had to use other code numbers 

while they moved on to other product they were designing. 

It was either designed and cancelled or it was designed and is coming. 

We may not know but don't assume they don't - it isn't sensible to waste the code. 

To be fair, both the missile boat and the gun boat look a hell of a lot alike.  And the gunboat still has a ridiculous amount of warheads packed onto it, making the missile boat seem super pointless and making people wonder if both aren't just slightly different conceptualizations of the same craft.  Honestly, both ships would look so much better if you took those gigantic missile-pods off, which look like they belong in Warhammer 40K or mechwarrior or Gundam Wing. 

s-l225.jpg

141541.jpg

The missile boat and the gun boat look like they should be flying alongside that nonsense.

Seeing Y-Wings and B-Wings don't need absurdly large shoulder-mounted death-boxes in order to carry and fire ordnance, why does the missile/gun-boat?  Honestly, if you changed the big gigantic rectangular ordnance mounts into smaller, sleeker, rounder pods that resembled those found on the TIE Bomber and TIE Punisher, both would look a hell of a lot more appropriate to both the Star Wars universe in general and the Imperial Production Philosophy in particular.

I think you're using a little too much poetic licence with the "Missing Man Formation" theory.

It's a product that they made or were going to make, and they had to use other code numbers 

We may not know but don't assume they don't - it isn't sensible to waste the code. 

Wow.  Just having a little bit of fun with my military background ... I would also point out you can't assume that something will ever be produced with the code SWX58.  After all, it has been like 3+ years that DJ06 was passed over.  I highly doubt they will release something 3 years later, going back to use DJ06.

Anyway, as I said, I was just having some fun ... but apparently there are individuals that take this so seriously, they can't see that.  I should have known this to be the case given that this thread has 21+ pages over a product code number.

Wow.  Just having a little bit of fun with my military background ... I would also point out you can't assume that something will ever be produced with the code SWX58.  After all, it has been like 3+ years that DJ06 was passed over.  I highly doubt they will release something 3 years later, going back to use DJ06.

Anyway, as I said, I was just having some fun ... but apparently there are individuals that take this so seriously, they can't see that.  I should have known this to be the case given that this thread has 21+ pages over a product code number.

Wow. I think you're the one who's "taking it too seriously."

I haven't assumed anything would be produced, I said designed, and I said it could have been cancelled. 

Incidentally, the "Missing Man Formation" is a ceremonial funeral salute and your flippant use is disrespectful. 

Do you do that a lot in your life, someone explains something so your misconceptions get cleared up so you balk like a scared chicken? Waoow. 

I haven't assumed anything would be produced, I said designed, and I said it could have been cancelled. 

Incidentally, the "Missing Man Formation" is a ceremonial funeral salute and your flippant use is disrespectful. 

Do you do that a lot in your life, someone explains something so your misconceptions get cleared up so you balk like a scared chicken? Waoow. 

My last words.  I assume I am far older than the majority of people that utilize this forum.  I am 75 years old.

I know precisely what the missing man formation is all about.  I spent 25 years as a Navy Seal.  Now, to be quite clear, I am about to make an assumption here.  Perhaps it is true.  Perhaps not.  But if you are the average user on here, you would be in an age group that perhaps have not had to register for a draft, have not been drafted in a time of war, have not served in the military, and have not gone to war multiple times defending your country.

I would never intentionally disrespect my country, or the people who have defended her, as I am one of those people.  I can assure you that I have been so unfortunate as to have participated in many military events where the missing man formation was utilized.

I am one of two individuals still alive from my Seal team.

I will apologize, however, if you took my comments as disrespectful.  That was never my intention.

Of all dystopical grim futures we were threatened with, we had to end in the lamest of all, the ultra-politically-correct one from Demolition Man.

Geez, I cannot wait for this unsuferable Age of Feeling-Offended-As-A-Passtime to end once and for all.

The day that Skynet rises to crush us all, or that everyone starts petting electric sheep, people will breath in relief...

Edited by Azrapse

I will apologize, however, if you took my comments as disrespectful.  That was never my intention.

Look, I exaggerated my reaction to what I thought was an overreaction to my simply sharing my reasoning. 

If you remove the emotive element that you added to my comments you're see the reasoning there:

The product code may have information associated with it, whether we know that info or not isn't relevant, 

there is no reason to assume that they would delete all their information for a design project that wasn't finish,

and that design project information may be stored in their system as SWX58, even if it's not finished or ever produced. Your funeral salute theory about a product code doesn't strike me as a sound business practice of a highly profitable company, and I therefore rejected it. I rejected it harshly because of your overreaction to my reasoning, and since you've explained how personal the context was, I apologize.

Of all distopical grim futures we were threatened with, we had to end in the lamest of all, the ultra-politically-correct one from Demolition Man.

Geez, I cannot wait for this unsuferable Age of Feeling-Offended-As-A-Passtime to end once and for all.

The day that Skynet rises to crush us all, or that everyone starts petting electric sheep, people will breath in relief...

Missing man, Demolition man, Artificial man, hmmm?

"Who you calling a popsicle, Captain America?"

d4713765397bf3889c69b241f1f9bd22.jpg

Man, when does this Netrunner shyt end?

it looks like twitch isn't streaming any X-wing today.

Seeing Y-Wings and B-Wings don't need absurdly large shoulder-mounted death-boxes in order to carry and fire ordnance, why does the missile/gun-boat?  Honestly, if you changed the big gigantic rectangular ordnance mounts into smaller, sleeker, rounder pods that resembled those found on the TIE Bomber and TIE Punisher, both would look a hell of a lot more appropriate to both the Star Wars universe in general and the Imperial Production Philosophy in particular.

Gigantic? Big? No way!

The Gunboat and Missile Boat are both smaller than a TIE fighter and carry the same amount (Gunboat) and trice the amount (Missile Boat) of missiles a TIE Bomber carries. In fact the missile racks are smaller than the ordnance pod of a TIE Bomber.

The Gunboat and Missile Boat are both smaller than a TIE fighter and carry the same amount (Gunboat) and trice the amount (Missile Boat) of missiles a TIE Bomber carries. In fact the missile racks are smaller than the ordnance pod of a TIE Bomber.

Hmm, so:

Missile Boat: can only equip cluster missiles. Don't discard cluster missiles after use.

?

"New" Phantom shuttle, otherwise known as a butchered Sheathipede (coz to me it looks like they made the tail longer and borrowed space from the main body for it  :mellow: )

...almost certain to be, as I'm currently 3d-printing one, which like Sabines TIE and the QuadJumper I did before, will then turn out to be a complete waste of time!  :angry:  :rolleyes:

LAND WAR... EPIC...

YAH!

:lol:

RO%2BART%2B3.jpg

?t=51m11s

I didn't look at either of those links with any amount of interest.

I hadn't even considered this at all, didn't take it seriously,

because land battles are the realm of Imperial Assault. It just didn't make sense.

But I had a dream last night, where the idea was forced on me,

the AT-AT walkers on Scariff are fighting along side U-wing soldier transports,

TIE strikers, X-wings, Y-wings, and it slammed together like two magnets in

this dream told me it was a new core set that merges IA and SWXWM.

I have no idea why AT-ATs & AT-STs made me think of Hoth and Endor, not Scariff.

But they could easily make AT-AT & AT-ST miniatures that move like Epic ships

and combine Imperial Assault and X-wing miniatures as a Rogue One tie-in third Core set. 

The U-wing is a well armed vessel serving as both a troop transport and a gunship for the Rebel Alliance.

It is designed to enter heavy fire zones to drop off soldiers onto battlefields

and then fly air support during dangerous missions against the Empire.

30487485850_cfebf27d8a_o.png

As someone who doesn't play Imperial Assault I couldn't have seen it coming,

and I don't know how the mechanics will work or could work if it is an actual thing.

But when you hear Senior Vice President of FFG say that "This time next year [Nov, 2015]

people are going to say I can't believe you are doing this." Then you have to wonder,

what could be so mind blowing, and I don't think anything else suggested the 22 pages here

is as mind blowing as the merger of Imperial Assault and X-wing as a Rogue One expansion.

Congratulations Joe Boss Red Seven I think you may have called it right.

LW%2BSCALE%2BEMP%2B1%2BPRE.jpg