Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

Found these on sale to day for $5 CAD at Canadian Tire...

I'll just make my own SWX58 myself...

30654915451_b70e5dbc74_c.jpg

30706354626_39b95a946f_c.jpg

I did this too for the Jedi Ships a couple years ago with wonderful F-TOYS brand. Now that we have the ARC-170 too... dat covers it for me. This guy finishes it off PERFECTLY Brahs!

91j%2B3C1f49L._SL1500_.jpg

41AA9-ap0hL.jpg

They look sexy, but are they close in scale?

Same size in hand as the Micro are.

;)

4257710166_6510d3b1e2.jpg

The blue one is actually quite slick.

If they come that well painted I may have to order a set. 

YUP... I looked at them real close in Wal-Mart a while back and they are sweet. I would of got them too but I already have the F-TOY versions... so I passed. Technically both are a little big, but so whats they look fine with the FFG Goodies and they are sweet ships worth having... before we die of old age waiting for FFG. The ACR 170 is NOT a sing of a whole new Prequels range... NAH!

:)

Where do you guys read that there is swx58 coming out. I'm confused!

It's a gap in the SWX numbers. Every X-wing release has an SWX number, and there is a gap between Heroes of the Resistance SWX57 and the first item in Wave X which is SWX59. Thus there is a hidden SWX number - and since no numbers have been skipped before, there is great assumption that SWX58 exists - we just have no idea what it is.

There actually is 1 previous skipped number.  Was a cancelled product.

To be fair, it was announced and well publicized *before* being cancelled.

IE., nothing has yet been assigned a SKU that didn't at least get to the 'announced at some point' stage.

So my money is still on:

• Scum 'epic'-scale expansion that FFG doesn't want to announce, yet, and risk poaching sales from wave 9/HotR/wave 10

...or...

• Partisan X-Wing as a 'Scum'-faction ship that is a spoiler for Rogue One, so FFG cannot yet announce (but will be on the shelves with the rest of wave 10 and is so-far un-teased)

Where do you guys read that there is swx58 coming out. I'm confused!

It's a gap in the SWX numbers. Every X-wing release has an SWX number, and there is a gap between Heroes of the Resistance SWX57 and the first item in Wave X which is SWX59. Thus there is a hidden SWX number - and since no numbers have been skipped before, there is great assumption that SWX58 exists - we just have no idea what it is.

There actually is 1 previous skipped number.  Was a cancelled product.

To be fair, it was announced and well publicized *before* being cancelled.

IE., nothing has yet been assigned a SKU that didn't at least get to the 'announced at some point' stage.

So my money is still on:

• Scum 'epic'-scale expansion that FFG doesn't want to announce, yet, and risk poaching sales from wave 9/HotR/wave 10

...or...

• Partisan X-Wing as a 'Scum'-faction ship that is a spoiler for Rogue One, so FFG cannot yet announce (but will be on the shelves with the rest of wave 10 and is so-far un-teased)

What was it?

What was it?

LOL

I'll give you a hint, it's at the bottom of this page.

The Starfield Tile Kit?

I thought it did actually get sold for a year or so before they cancelled it?

Nope. Never hit shelves. Was in developer hell for a long time.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/board-game-accessories/star-wars-x-wing-starfield-game-tile-kit

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2013/4/15/bolder-battlefields/

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/962616/starfield-game-tile-kits-announced/page/1

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Pre-orders. Never hit the shelf.

wtKTO3K.png

Nah, just messing with you, nothing I've posted contradicts what you've said, just FYIs.

...Although...

What if they found the right material and add a frame to keep them in place...

...SWX58...

A thread 20 pages long of pure speculation ... all over a part number that hasn't been used as of yet ...

This is getting ALMOST as epic as the GUNBOAT thread ...

:P  :D  :lol:

At least we know SWX58 is (or was, or will be) a real product at one point.  The gunboat on the other hand...

Is SWX58.

A thread 20 pages long of pure speculation ... all over a part number that hasn't been used as of yet ...

This is getting ALMOST as epic as the GUNBOAT thread ...

:P  :D  :lol:

At least we know SWX58 is (or was, or will be) a real product at one point.  The gunboat on the other hand...

The two of these posts combining SWX58 and the Gunboat in the same breath are clearly hinting at the obvious - that they are one and the same.

Edited by Arttemis

They already made the gunboat. They just made it all nice and purdy.

tie-punisher.jpg

Still EASILY the worst model they've released, in my opinion. INCLUDING the K-wing (which is WAY nicer than I would ever have imagined).

Why they skipped right past the Heavy Bomber (two ordnance pods) and went straight to four, I will never understand... I really LIKED the two-pod version!

They already made the gunboat. They just made it all nice and purdy.

tie-punisher.jpg

Still EASILY the worst model they've released, in my opinion. INCLUDING the K-wing (which is WAY nicer than I would ever have imagined).

Why they skipped right past the Heavy Bomber (two ordnance pods) and went straight to four, I will never understand... I really LIKED the two-pod version!

You never know they may still do it, if they need to some fix cards added to the game that have it as an option.

...or you know, when they finally release the Royal Guard Punisher...

30652330602_e804c17e8e_z.jpg

I boldly claimed it would be a land assault expansion earlier in the thread, but now I just want it to be an X wing version of the Corelian Conflict for Armada. Complete with new styles of play (like missions, but different, like Objectives) and a host of new material for existing ships, like a new ace and a new generic, and maybe even a title for a ton of ships that need some love.