Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

After much clamouring on the boards for FFG to take on a popular variant, SWX58 will be......

The Heroes of the Aturi Cluster campaign pack.

(Probably not, just throwing it out there with all the other crazy ideas)

The creator of HotAC has said in an interview he wouldn't sell it to FFG (and IIRC was basically told by alex davy that he shouldn't even if he wanted to) since he'd lose the creative control to do whatever he wanted with it.

Yeah......  because there's NO amount of money that would change his mind on THAT.  :lol:

as someone who has made money from selling IP and creating things others run with - he would be foolish if he DIDN'T sell. He hasn't written a book that will still be read in generations, it's a module for a game that will be defunct at some point in the future. Just my $0.02

Given the level of patching, repatching, and errata-ing of rules and cards we seem to be seeing at the moment,  I'm going to go for an X-Wing version 2.0 conversion kit.

A massive undertaking like that might explain why it's still unreleased while later SKUs have already come out

I've said it before, but I'll elaborate since it seems lost on some people.
The expansion for SWX58 that would be of most benefit to X-wing miniatures
right now would be the missing Scum Epic with conversion kits.

Consider that the Wild Karrde may be the most popular choice among players,
but if FFG has to prioritize what is "canon" Star Wars, I would lean towards the
probability for the first Scum Epic ship being the Star Jewel because Jabba is OT OG.  
So assuming for exposition sake that they decided the Star Jewel and they designed
it and they had it ready for production, and then someone realized the possibility 
of giving the Scum faction not just a one ship expansion but 3 or 4 ships all at once,
by adding conversion kits for a pirate CR90, a Hutt GR75, and Hondo Ohnaka's Gozanti.

It could just as easily be a Scum aces pack that needed something fixed or 
a Rouge One tie-in that Disney is not allowing them to reveal until at least closer to release,
but I would hope that FFG has it enough together to have thought of the 4 in 1
Most Wanted style conversion kit expansion for Scum Epic.

edd709828c8a276608c060d7dff6a94c.jpg

9790951476_1b8ae15441_b.jpg

30618268156_63fd36f393_c.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

1.  A conversion kit sells for a lot less than a new actual epic ship

2.  FFG has said they won't do card only packs (which is essentially what a conversion kit is.  cardboard too, but again, no ship).

3.  Some of us want an actual new ship, not just a different way to use the existing epics. 

1.  A conversion kit sells for a lot less than a new actual epic ship

2.  FFG has said they won't do card only packs (which is essentially what a conversion kit is.  cardboard too, but again, no ship).

3.  Some of us want an actual new ship, not just a different way to use the existing epics. 

I think, once again, you've just read what you wanted to, so as to have something to disagree with.

The Most Wanted pack came with three actual ships. Having the Star Jewel WOULD be having an "actual new ship." You're saying you know how badly the Most Wanted expansion sold? or do just not understand that the Most Wanted pack came with actual ships and conversion kits? 

I did indeed miss that you said in ADDITION to a new epic.  That wouldn't bother me.  I odn't expect it to HAPPEN, but i'd happily take it if they wanted to.

I don't expect it to happen either, but I'm giving some 'hopeful speculation' on the reason for the delay.

Maybe partly motivated by not so much wanting it to end up being this guy we're waiting on:

rogueone-cardtrader-card10.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll elaborate since it seems lost on some people.

The expansion for SWX58 that would be of most benefit to X-wing miniatures

right now would be the missing Scum Epic with conversion kits.

Consider that the Wild Karrde may be the most popular choice among players,

but if FFG has to prioritize what is "canon" Star Wars, I would lean towards the

probability for the first Scum Epic ship being the Star Jewel because Jabba is OT OG.  

So assuming for exposition sake that they decided the Star Jewel and they designed

it and they had it ready for production, and then someone realized the possibility 

of giving the Scum faction not just a one ship expansion but 3 or 4 ships all at once,

by adding conversion kits for a pirate CR90, a Hutt GR75, and Hondo Ohnaka's Gozanti.

It could just as easily be a Scum aces pack that needed something fixed or 

a Rouge One tie-in that Disney is not allowing them to reveal until at least closer to release,

but I would hope that FFG has it enough together to have thought of the 4 in 1

Most Wanted style conversion kit expansion for Scum Epic.

edd709828c8a276608c060d7dff6a94c.jpg

9790951476_1b8ae15441_b.jpg

30618268156_63fd36f393_c.jpg

This would be incredible. Even if it was only for 1 of the other epics so we have a primary attack huge and a primary support ship for scum. After making everybody wait so long it's kinda the least they could do. It would also save me a lot of hassle not having to worry about creating custom cards and stuff for the extra gr-75s and gozantis that i picked up specifically for that purpose.

My money is on SWX58 being a mat with either Force Awakens or Rogue One art on it.

Don't think so: the other playmats are SWS23, SWS24, SWS31, and SWS32.

Wrong format.

Could be something like a dice set, colored bases, or dial protectors (those accessories follow the SWX scheme).

<troll> its going to be a deathstar anounced in time for rogue one: limited edition <troll/>pic1977144.jpg

An inflatable Death Star could fit in a box size as the standard Core Box.

Do not think so. One of my children asked about it's hypothetical size in X-wing. That was a nice mathematics exercise. Depending on which quotation of size you use, as a correct scaled gamepiece for 1/270 it ends up somewhere around 450m diameter - covering most of your neighbourhood when placed on the gameboard :)

<troll> its going to be a deathstar anounced in time for rogue one: limited edition <troll/>pic1977144.jpg

An inflatable Death Star could fit in a box size as the standard Core Box.

Do not think so. One of my children asked about it's hypothetical size in X-wing. That was a nice mathematics exercise. Depending on which quotation of size you use, as a correct scaled gamepiece for 1/270 it ends up somewhere around 450m diameter - covering most of your neighbourhood when placed on the gameboard :)

Of course, given Armada is using a "sliding scale" - a beach-ball-sized inflatable-Death-Star could get a pass for that game...

Where do you guys read that there is swx58 coming out. I'm confused!

It's a gap in the SWX numbers. Every X-wing release has an SWX number, and there is a gap between Heroes of the Resistance SWX57 and the first item in Wave X which is SWX59. Thus there is a hidden SWX number - and since no numbers have been skipped before, there is great assumption that SWX58 exists - we just have no idea what it is.

It's a gap in the SWX numbers. Every X-wing release has an SWX number, and there is a gap between Heroes of the Resistance SWX57 and the first item in Wave X which is SWX59. Thus there is a hidden SWX number - and since no numbers have been skipped before, there is great assumption that SWX58 exists - we just have no idea what it is.

Thanks KryatDragon! I've been curious about that for awhile... where do you see these numbers?

There actually is 1 previous skipped number.  Was a cancelled product.

Found these on sale to day for $5 CAD at Canadian Tire...

I'll just make my own SWX58 myself...

30654915451_b70e5dbc74_c.jpg

30706354626_39b95a946f_c.jpg

I did this too for the Jedi Ships a couple years ago with wonderful F-TOYS brand. Now that we have the ARC-170 too... dat covers it for me. This guy finishes it off PERFECTLY Brahs!

91j%2B3C1f49L._SL1500_.jpg

Found these on sale to day for $5 CAD at Canadian Tire...

I'll just make my own SWX58 myself...

30654915451_b70e5dbc74_c.jpg

30706354626_39b95a946f_c.jpg

I did this too for the Jedi Ships a couple years ago with wonderful F-TOYS brand. Now that we have the ARC-170 too... dat covers it for me. This guy finishes it off PERFECTLY Brahs!

91j%2B3C1f49L._SL1500_.jpg

41AA9-ap0hL.jpg

They look sexy, but are they close in scale?