Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

In 

TBH, The Quadjumper was the ship I most wanted out of the new movie. Nice looking, unique design, interesting abilities when you read the fluff.. Yes it got very little screen time, but as soon as I saw it I wanted one... 

Whereas that Transport just shouted out "Kill me, please kill me", Ugly as hell. And lets be honest the U-Wing does a similar job and looks good. 

As for Mining Guild, they are not scum, they operate under Imperial rules, pay taxes, report in rebel sightings. They are not Imperial but I would consider Imperial to be the best fit for them.

V-Wings were used heavily by Scum by the time of Yavin. They were for a time used in large numbers by the new Empire, so they are not particularly rare. The question is what they add that isn't already covered by Scum small ships.

This is MY logic: If they don't wear uniforms with the Galactic Empire symbols, markings or regalia then they are NOT Imperial. If they don't fly in formation and perform attacks together (in canon stories) then they are not "together" as a faction in any game. Just doesn't make sense.

Unless Jabba ate his rank-badge, he's not Imperial AND Lando wasn't Imperial just because he made deals with them. FFG and the Star Wars story group work together (I guess) so the fact that Fenn/Protectorate Fighter are Scum is most likely that we have not seen how the story ends with the Protectors. 

In the Star Wars universe many organizations and systems deal with the Galactic Empire ...and they are called "Scum and Villainy" in  X-wing.

But even then I would not count the Mining Guild, which is a civilian concern as scum. 

We are talking about in the game X-wing, right? I'm not wanting to discuss how something in Star Wars stories makes sense in comparison to real life or old-canon/Legends.

In X-wing "civilian concerns" are portrayed by cardboard tokens. The Mining Guild? ...they have guns and they shoot em: not very civil.

Having guns doesn't make you military, especially if those are for self defence.

In 

TBH, The Quadjumper was the ship I most wanted out of the new movie. Nice looking, unique design, interesting abilities when you read the fluff.. Yes it got very little screen time, but as soon as I saw it I wanted one... 

Whereas that Transport just shouted out "Kill me, please kill me", Ugly as hell. And lets be honest the U-Wing does a similar job and looks good. 

As for Mining Guild, they are not scum, they operate under Imperial rules, pay taxes, report in rebel sightings. They are not Imperial but I would consider Imperial to be the best fit for them.

V-Wings were used heavily by Scum by the time of Yavin. They were for a time used in large numbers by the new Empire, so they are not particularly rare. The question is what they add that isn't already covered by Scum small ships.

This is MY logic: If they don't wear uniforms with the Galactic Empire symbols, markings or regalia then they are NOT Imperial. If they don't fly in formation and perform attacks together (in canon stories) then they are not "together" as a faction in any game. Just doesn't make sense.

Unless Jabba ate his rank-badge, he's not Imperial AND Lando wasn't Imperial just because he made deals with them. FFG and the Star Wars story group work together (I guess) so the fact that Fenn/Protectorate Fighter are Scum is most likely that we have not seen how the story ends with the Protectors. 

In the Star Wars universe many organizations and systems deal with the Galactic Empire ...and they are called "Scum and Villainy" in  X-wing.

But even then I would not count the Mining Guild, which is a civilian concern as scum. 

We are talking about in the game X-wing, right? I'm not wanting to discuss how something in Star Wars stories makes sense in comparison to real life or old-canon/Legends.

In X-wing "civilian concerns" are portrayed by cardboard tokens. The Mining Guild? ...they have guns and they shoot em: not very civil.

Having guns doesn't make you military, especially if those are for self defence.

Yep, but these dudes (mining guild) are baddies. They are not really defending on Rebels. I guessed that the Fang would be Scum had a few people say "no never" and looky there: Scum it twas. (I'm still talking in the terms of X-Wing and not any type of real-world logic- on how I think certain bad guys should be S&V.)

I will still bet an expansion pack that if the Mining Guild makes into this game it will be Scum & Villainy.

In 

Yeah but they are not pirates, they are not mercenaries, they are not bounty hunters. They are just a civilian concern that has guards, they pay taxes etc.... Would you say Corsec are scum just because they are not part of the Imperial Navy or allied with the Rebellion?

Nope, they are bad guys. Doing EVIL things makes you a bad guy.

Is Corsec dealing with the Empire? Does Corsec shoot at other ships based on Imperial orders or contracts? Do any Corsec agents/pilots have Imperial ranking? I dunno. I don't know much about Corsec.

I think the Mining Guild fits perfectly into S&V for X-wing Miniatures...NOT for real-world logic, not for anybody's head canon- just the game.

Mining Guild and Corperate Sector Authority and other governmental actors certainly fit the bill for the 'Villainy' part of Scum, and perhaps need to be sequestered in a seperate subfaction. And perhaps subfactions could actually mean something then.

Sorry i didn't read through the whole thread, and may be repeating others. But i will laugh so much if SWX58 is... drumroll please.

THE GUNBOAT

The reason it hasn't been revealed is FFG is keeping us all in suspense. It will randomly appear in stores one day. Without announcement or fanfare.

Ok probably not, but one can wish.

Nope, they are bad guys. Doing EVIL things makes you a bad guy.

Is Corsec dealing with the Empire? Does Corsec shoot at other ships based on Imperial orders or contracts? Do any Corsec agents/pilots have Imperial ranking? I dunno. I don't know much about Corsec.

I think the Mining Guild fits perfectly into S&V for X-wing Miniatures...NOT for real-world logic, not for anybody's head canon- just the game.

This is really the money point, right there.

Same reason that the bought-and-paid-for-by-the-Empire Mandos are Scum.  And why none of the Slave-1 pilots would have been Imperial, either, had FFG known at launch that the game would be popular enough to warrant a third faction (evidence: absolutely none of the other pilots we saw on the Executor EXCEPT Boba Fett has EVER had an Imperial card in the game, and it's logical to conclude that Boba Fett only made it in as early as he did because he's such a fan favorite and FFG wanted their new game to succeed in the market).

Seriously, can you imagine their gigantic yellow-Slug-ship or sliced-up TIE Fighters alongside the rest of the grey-white, grey, or grey-blue Imperial ships we have?  Never gonna happen!

The factions have specific design aesthetics - the Empire is cold and monotone, the Rebels have some patterns and consistency to their designs although more variety of them, the Scum faction is 'whatever - if it flies, it's in'.  From a pure aesthetic perspective, especially since we've seen a large-base ship of theirs, the Mining Guild is unquestionably Scum.

(Game-lore bonus points: Not to mention that new 'Captured TIE' title doesn't make the slightest bit of sense unless all three factions have a TIE Fighter.)

Also...extra, bonus-bonus, settles the argument for good points: The Mining Guild is canonically not part of the Empire.  I give you a movie some of you may have seen..."The Empire Strikes Back"...

LANDO

So you see, since we're a small operation, we don't fall into the... uh... jurisdiction of the Empire.

LEIA

So you're part of the mining guild then?

LANDO

No, not actually. Our operation is small enough not to be noticed... which is advantageous for everybody since our customers are anxious to avoid attracting attention to themselves.

...seems pretty clear.  A mining colony not under the jurisdiction of the Empire means to someone living in that period "Mining Guild".  Lando says they aren't part of that either, but of course, Lando is a liar.  The point is more what Leia's information was - the Mining Guild is not part of the Empire.

Edited by xanderf

I think the fact that you want the ship has you shoe-horning it into a faction, where really the Mining Guild don't 100% fit in any of them.

Nope. I think that the Mining Guild TIE is gonna be weak... but I'm sure it's coming to S&V in X-wing, where Scum is the stuff that "don't 100% fit" with he two main warring factions. 

Every single time in Rebels the Mining Guild was acting in self defence.

OK, so now I know you're trolling... you almost got me. 

You mean when they fired at a known Rebel ship sneaking up on their refinery with the intention of stealing their fuel and murdering them all?

Or when they hailed a trespassing ship and demanded identification, opening fire after a clear warning that has been ignored?

You mean when they fired at a known Rebel ship sneaking up on their refinery with the intention of stealing their fuel and murdering them all?

Or when they hailed a trespassing ship and demanded identification, opening fire after a clear warning that has been ignored?

I hate this, Scum is everyone else mentality, it weakens them as a faction. They have a very definite identity, and Mining Guild really doesn't fit it.

I hate this, Scum is everyone else mentality, it weakens them as a faction. They have a very definite identity, and Mining Guild really doesn't fit it.

Killing Purgill is EVIL.

Shooting at someone who is fleeing to avoid paying money is EVIL.

Doing dirty work for the Empire is EVIL.

I'm right, you're wrong... wanna bet?

I don't want to argue with you two. But you seem to both be wanting to argue... or you're just acting this way to engage in a conversation. This doesn't entertain me so I won't bother to reply to any more comments on this thread, so go tell mommy you done good!

:P

Edited by dewbie420

Sorry i didn't read through the whole thread, and may be repeating others. But i will laugh so much if SWX58 is... drumroll please.

THE GUNBOAT

You mean like this?

14666129_10211370278631797_3006301769530

But the web address doesn't work so it must be fake:

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>C6446A1D5947F8B5</RequestId><HostId>TtALpQeuYdEMsH+E9JJQOwuIVcdn6ExMPDzHOfrioL5FG3M1Kz+1RTu3Of9+/Cfvr8zI7yMb5Js=</HostId></Error>

THE GUNBOAT

You mean like this?

14666129_10211370278631797_3006301769530

But the web address doesn't work so it must be fake:

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>C6446A1D5947F8B5</RequestId><HostId>TtALpQeuYdEMsH+E9JJQOwuIVcdn6ExMPDzHOfrioL5FG3M1Kz+1RTu3Of9+/Cfvr8zI7yMb5Js=</HostId></Error>

Well as soon as this showed up, the URL would've certainly been taken down.

According to wookiepedia, the gunboat is only 10m long and 15 meters wide.  Which is only half the length of the lambda shuttle, and shorter than an x-wing.  Apparently it's rather small

Interesting. I guess I've only ever seen images of it solo, so never had something to compare. 

Isn't the Gunboat a modified Lambda? I always assumed it would be another large base ship (though I never made it far enough in the games to encounter one, so could just be speaking out of turn).

According to wookiepedia, the gunboat is only 10m long and 15 meters wide. Which is only half the length of the lambda shuttle, and shorter than an x-wing. Apparently it's rather small

That is because it is a different ship altogether. It is a fighter sized vessel, that packs a punch, and maneuvers a quite a bit better than the Ywing, to where it is almost as maneuverable as the Xwing.

Edited by knavelead