Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

I'm reminded of the school prank of releasing 4 animals into your school and painting the numbers 1,2,3 and 5 on them.  Causing authorities to spend all kinds of time and energy looking for the "missing" animal.

Could be some folks at FFG are just sitting back and laughing.

Oh-oh, I didn't even consider this as a possibility and I don't know why. 

Is it likely, probably not, but it's not impossible. 

ResistanceTransport.jpg

Probably on hold due to the U-Wing filling the same role (tooled-up troop transport). 

and having the far superior wingspan

seriously, this thing ain't even trying

Definitely a bit surprising that we haven't seen this one, yet, especially given how deep they are digging into 'ships on screen for a fraction of a second' with the Quadjumper.  Maybe they are holding out for a bit, still - possibly even for Episode VIII?  This design would make a pretty good/obvious place for releasing new 'crew' upgrades for the characters in the Jar Jar Abrams films.

Still, almost glad it isn't out.  Good gods is it ugly.

One of the things that bugged me about TFA, even before seeing it, and just getting the teasers and book spread and such - all the designs were either indistinguishably derivative of classic ships (T-70 X-Wing, First Order TIEs) or ass ugly (B-Wing mk 2 transport, the Eravana, etc).  At least Rogue One is looking pretty solid from the 'ship design' perspective, anyway.

0-0-0

Unique

Imperial Only

Crew

Once per round, before you roll 1 or more attack dice, you may guess aloud a combined total number of hit and crit results. If you roll that many combined total hit and crit results (before modifying dice), add 1 hit result.

I really like this idea.

I'm reminded of the school prank of releasing 4 animals into your school and painting the numbers 1,2,3 and 5 on them. Causing authorities to spend all kinds of time and energy looking for the "missing" animal.

Could be some folks at FFG are just sitting back and laughing.

Clearly I attended all the wrong schools.

One of the things that bugged me about TFA, even before seeing it, and just getting the teasers and book spread and such - all the designs were either indistinguishably derivative of classic ships (T-70 X-Wing, First Order TIEs) or ass ugly (B-Wing mk 2 transport, the Eravana, etc).  At least Rogue One is looking pretty solid from the 'ship design' perspective, anyway

I didn't mind the X-Wing T-70, or the TIE FO, not exactly. And the Eravana looks like a perfectly plausible cargo hauler. But dear gods, why did the TIE S/F look so much like the TIE F/O? I mean, if they _had_ to make it look like a classic trilogy design, why couldn't they have made it into an updated TIE Advanced, or TIE Interceptor?

Similarly: it makes sense that the Resistance is tiny, and has very few fighters at it's disposal. However. It would have been nice- maybe even made more sense- if they weren't all T-70s. I kept hoping to see B-Wings or their descendants during the final fight at Star Killer base.

We do know that the Resistance had at least 1 A-Wing about a year or so before Episode 7. That's been shown in the Poe Dameron comic. No idea yet if it survived all the way to Ep 7, though.

As an interesting side note: I understand that there was concept art for an Episode 7 E-Wing, but it looked very little like the Legends E-Wing.

My understanding is that someone at either Lucas or Disney declared that all the new fighters would be recognisable to fans of the classic trilogy, which is why we didn't see anything particularly _different_. Hopefully they lift this restriction for Episodes 8 and 9.

TBH, The Quadjumper was the ship I most wanted out of the new movie. Nice looking, unique design, interesting abilities when you read the fluff.. Yes it got very little screen time, but as soon as I saw it I wanted one... 

Whereas that Transport just shouted out "Kill me, please kill me", Ugly as hell. And lets be honest the U-Wing does a similar job and looks good. 

As for Mining Guild, they are not scum, they operate under Imperial rules, pay taxes, report in rebel sightings. They are not Imperial but I would consider Imperial to be the best fit for them.

V-Wings were used heavily by Scum by the time of Yavin. They were for a time used in large numbers by the new Empire, so they are not particularly rare. The question is what they add that isn't already covered by Scum small ships.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

TBH, The Quadjumper was the ship I most wanted out of the new movie. Nice looking, unique design, interesting abilities when you read the fluff.. Yes it got very little screen time, but as soon as I saw it I wanted one... 

Whereas that Transport just shouted out "Kill me, please kill me", Ugly as hell. And lets be honest the U-Wing does a similar job and looks good. 

As for Mining Guild, they are not scum, they operate under Imperial rules, pay taxes, report in rebel sightings. They are not Imperial but I would consider Imperial to be the best fit for them.

V-Wings were used heavily by Scum by the time of Yavin. They were for a time used in large numbers by the new Empire, so they are not particularly rare. The question is what they add that isn't already covered by Scum small ships.

Well "Scum" is a...tricky name. Are Mandalorians scums? But they are in.

I think Scum&Villains are getting more an "Indipendent factions" flavour

So far the only "independent fraction" ship is the Fang Fighter, and I think it's because they are Mandos, so the racist stereotypes automatically put them next to the bounty hunters and other filth.

So far the only "independent fraction" ship is the Fang Fighter, and I think it's because they are Mandos, so the racist stereotypes automatically put them next to the bounty hunters and other filth.

They definitely fall into not working with the Imperials or Rebels... which the Mining Guild doesn't

They definitely fall into not working with the Imperials or Rebels... which the Mining Guild doesn't

They were working with the Imperials.

They were working with the Imperials.

As far as I could see the Mandos were protecting their own secret base.

You should probably re-watch the episode, Fenn Rau clearly states they work for the Empire during their initial encounter.

Yeah, Fenn Rau's crew was very clearly sided with the Empire. He stated it when he attacked the rebels, and later they showed him taking money from an Imperial officer.

In any case, I think working with the Empire would make him scum, just not Scum  :P

Edited by kris40k

Found this screenshot, but the link shown no longer seems to work.

14707925_10211370278631797_3006301769530

Faaake! :P

I wonder if FFG is having fun hanging out all the Assault Gunboat.  If I were them...I would never make it for two reasons.   It keeps people around hoping and no matter what they will never be able to do it right because all of the Gunboat fans have WAY to much buy-in.  Can't please everyone.

Now where is my B-Wing unique pilot fixes?

This is MY logic: If they don't wear uniforms with the Galactic Empire symbols, markings or regalia then they are NOT Imperial. If they don't fly in formation and perform attacks together (in canon stories) then they are not "together" as a faction in any game. Just doesn't make sense.

Unless Jabba ate his rank-badge, he's not Imperial AND Lando wasn't Imperial just because he made deals with them. FFG and the Star Wars story group work together (I guess) so the fact that Fenn/Protectorate Fighter are Scum is most likely that we have not seen how the story ends with the Protectors. 

In the Star Wars universe many organizations and systems deal with the Galactic Empire ...and they are called "Scum and Villainy" in  X-wing.

This is MY logic: If they don't wear uniforms with the Galactic Empire symbols, markings or regalia then they are NOT Imperial. If they don't fly in formation and perform attacks together (in canon stories) then they are not "together" as a faction in any game. Just doesn't make sense.

Unless Jabba ate his rank-badge, he's not Imperial AND Lando wasn't Imperial just because he made deals with them. FFG and the Star Wars story group work together (I guess) so the fact that Fenn/Protectorate Fighter are Scum is most likely that we have not seen how the story ends with the Protectors. 

In the Star Wars universe many organizations and systems deal with the Galactic Empire ...and they are called "Scum and Villainy" in  X-wing.

But even then I would not count the Mining Guild, which is a civilian concern as scum. 

In 

But even then I would not count the Mining Guild, which is a civilian concern as scum. 

We are talking about in the game X-wing, right? I'm not wanting to discuss how something in Star Wars stories makes sense in comparison to real life or old-canon/Legends.

In X-wing "civilian concerns" are portrayed by cardboard tokens. The Mining Guild? ...they have guns and they shoot em: not very civil.

In 

We are talking about in the game X-wing, right? I'm not wanting to discuss how something in Star Wars stories makes sense in comparison to real life or old-canon/Legends.

In X-wing "civilian concerns" are portrayed by cardboard tokens. The Mining Guild? ...they have guns and they shoot em: not very civil.

Yeah but they are not pirates, they are not mercenaries, they are not bounty hunters. They are just a civilian concern that has guards, they pay taxes etc.... Would you say Corsec are scum just because they are not part of the Imperial Navy or allied with the Rebellion?