Sign in to follow this  
Sabine

SWX58 Still missing

SWX 58 is our 4th version of the T-70 X-Wing called "Resistance Aces"

Resistance Aces!

Slamming into the X-Wing scene comes the latest expansion pack for X-Wing's "The Force Awakens" theme.  This expansion, features two T-70 X-Wings from Episode 7, with the classic grey and blue paint job, and several new upgrade cards to augment your existing gameplay possibilities!  There are also several new pilots for your T-70 X-Wings!  Sail the skies as "Blue Veteran", a Pilot skill 5 T-70 pilot with two Elite Pilot Talent abilities!   Or Blue "Blackjack", a Pilot skill 6 T-70 with the ability to perform a Barrel Roll!   Try your hand at the latest Poe Dameron pilot card, depicting a young Poe Dameron before the start of Episode 7, and in true Episode 7 fashion, he comes in at Pilot Skill 7!   

And don't forget new upgrades!   Each T-70 in this expansion comes with a special title "Veteran Squadron", a 0-point title that increases the T-70 X-Wing's attack by 1 point, bringing it up to 4 attack!   How about the new Fusion Torpedo, that is T-70 X-Wing only!   7 Dice for only 3 squad points!  And eight, count'em EIGHT new astromechs that are all T-70 X-Wing only - even a 0-point Astromech that grants you one extra pilot skill!

Coming soon!

If this is a free or 1pt mod and is optional with that restriction, i'll take it just because when im stressed or bumped i cant mod anyway.

But i would VASTLY prefer my tokens vs +1 green die. Especially if im facing Zuckuss, who isnt "you" so he can modify your dice all he wants. Juke too for that matter.

I think to make "no defense mods" a blanket restriction, it would have to cheap (0-1 point) and it would only work on "HP tanks" that want their action for something else anyway.  That is pretty much only Strikers, Bombers, and Punishers.

You'd basically be saying "yeah, I'm just trying to slow down taking damage, because I'm just going to be modifying my attack to kill you as fast as possible anyway".

"Upgrade" kit, with T65 and E-wing fix, new dials for the HWK with a K-turn, and for A-wings/Interceptors with S-loops.

Too bad that won't happen.

i was going to hit "like this" unbtil you recommended gfiving soontir a sloop. bad post

Meh, who cares if you give soontir a sloop? Not like he'd ever get to use it anyway. But theres no way they release new dials for existing ships

While scum epic sounds nice, I don't see the tie in to Rogue One unless a scum epic is revealed in the film. On the other hand, T-65s are everywhere in the film. Rogue One box with a T-65, a fix for it, some good astromechs that synergize well with E-wings as well, and maybe a Y-wing as well if it appears in the film to give Rebels some more Y-wing pilots. Y-wing feels like a stretch though.

Im really hoping its the scum epic, but with my luck it will just be a new game mat

Honestly, this seems like the perfect head bang against the wall possibility. We have a LOT of ship expansion product in the pipeline already. We could be getting our hopes up for nothing.

Now I'm starting to think that the missing SKU could very well be a Rogue One box that has a spoiler and FFG can't reveal until closer to the movie release. Plus, where's K-2SO? and we need a Scum ship from R1 (I would expect), right? And of course, I'm really sure FFG will give us Rogue One T-65s. I'm changing my bet to a R1 expansion.

Scum Epic or Aces can wait, really- even though I want an Epic scum ship badly.