Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Pivot Wing (Landing) - deeper meanings

Guys.....guys.....GUYS!

You realize...that we have our first X-Wing ship that can now LAND.    You know what this means right?    You know what it means right?!?!?!?!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?!?!

AT-AT_89d0105f.jpeg?region=138%2C19%2C13

Review_BespinCloudCarSOTDS_stillC.jpg

It is coming!   Brace yourselves!!!!!!!

Atmospheric / Ground formats for X-Wing!!!!!

/SWOON

#Headexplode

its probably only called that because thats the main use for the wings being closed. Which only makes sense because it vastly reduces the width of the ship so it can land in more spots.

I totally called it several weeks ago that it would have a title to change its wings. I didnt call what it did, i just called that it was a duo-sided card you flipped around lol. I was expecting a completely terrible dial full of reds so you HAD to take the title, which made them green (and modded agi/attack) depending on your wing position.

The ability to 180 while standing still scares me. If its red, you KNOW people are going to put hera on there and just park somewhere. If its not, even worse because then they dont need hera.

Uh no. No where is it mentioned that the opposite side of the card is landing mode.

Click on the link for the card in the article then hit the "Next" button. Its in there.

Edited by Vineheart01

swx62-pivot-wing-attack.png

Systems and torpedo upgrade slots further add to the ship’s versatility, as does its Pivot Wing Title, a dual-sided upgrade which can greatly enhance either the ship’s maneuverability or its effectiveness in combat.

EDIT *snip*

Well, the reverse side of the card says landing mode, but it's just an in-place 180-degree maneuver.  

Edited by Arttemis

swx62-pivot-wing-attack.png

Systems and torpedo upgrade slots further add to the ship’s versatility, as does its Pivot Wing Title, a dual-sided upgrade which can greatly enhance either the ship’s maneuverability or its effectiveness in combat.

EDIT *snip*

Well, the reverse side of the card says landing mode, but it's just an in-place 180-degree maneuver on the ground, next to a tree and a chicken walker.  

Fixed it for you!

Is there any chance that this ship gets a white stop maneuver? I know that sounds insane, but not like, WAY more insane than a white K-Turn or S-Loop, right? 

With Leia it does. 

If by "land" you mean "flip 180 after a stop maneuver" then sure?

It's on the ground dude.... well virtually.   See the grass?   DO YOU SEE THE GRASS!??!?!?!   AT-AT's ALSO WALK ON GRASS! 

WHY DOES NOBODY ELSE SEE THIS?!?!?!?! 

AT-ATs WALK ON GRASS!!!!!   THEY WALK ON GRASS!!!!!

Is there any chance that this ship gets a white stop maneuver? I know that sounds insane, but not like, WAY more insane than a white K-Turn or S-Loop, right? 

With Leia it does. 

It's on the ground dude.... well virtually.   See the grass?   DO YOU SEE THE GRASS!??!?!?!   AT-AT's ALSO WALK ON GRASS! 

And snow, and forests.

But I like your version of events the best.

Ships that land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Baaa

With Leia it does. 

I guess a White Stop would be equivalent to hovering whilst disembarking your troops...but don't get your hopes up  ;)

However, it'll make a great addition to the various 'home-brew' ground campaign add-ons  :)

Guys.....guys.....GUYS!

You realize...that we have our first X-Wing ship that can now LAND.    You know what this means right?    You know what it means right?!?!?!?!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?!?!

/SWOON

#Headexplode

Where'd you find the Hoth pic? Love it!

Unless the stop maneuver is white, I can't see the U-Wing being too great.

I guess it is just a B-Wing with one more agility and the area denying blocking power of a large base ship for only 1pt more, which is a pretty good upgrade to the traditional B-Wing for only 1 point (I'm guessing Blue Squad is 23pts). Although the big problem with the B-Wings were that they were always too slow to pursue fleeing enemy ships. At least U-Wings will move like a big base ship, so it should be able to cover more ground pretty easily. 

If the stop maneuver is red and it doesn't have a K-Turn on the dial, this thing could have the same problems as a Lambda. You will technically be able to turn around, but only with one super telegraphed move that you have to signal on your previous turn, and your opponent should easily be able to position themselves on your flank rather than directly behind you, by the turn you actually decide to spin. I guess you could keep yourself in spinning mode, but only if you want to forgo the 2nd agility.

Hooray for more B-Wing equivalents for Rebels. Just what they were in dire need of.

I think that the U-Wing being a cheap large base ship points to the same thing as Cassian crew, which is the same thing pointed to by Sabine being able to put her awesome pilot ability into a cheap TIE Fighter with an Intelligence Agent.

FFG really wants Imperials to have the slick Aces, and it really wants Rebels to be the faction that deals with their ace problems by blocking them and then dog-piling with the rest of the team. They're giving Rebels every blocking tool they can think of. Every tool except the JM5K (sorry Rebs).

Edited by CBMarkham

Well, as ships go, it's a pretty beefy one - agility 2 (because 90% of the time you're in pivot mode) - plus 4 hull and 4 shields means the toughness of a B-wing with the agility of an X-wing, so pretty hardy. More importantly, with PS6 being 27 points, fielding four of the fat buggers is going to be an option. What'll really make or break it is if the PS2 is any cheaper than 24 points (1 point per pilot you move 'down'), because 2 points of play opens up a ship with a tactician or fire control, or similar.

I hope not, simply because if the U-wing isn't at least a point more than an equivalent B-wing/E there's gonna have to be something seriously wrong with its dial.

Cassian Andor really strikes me as the "you are going to get blocked, deal with it." card. Throwing in Anti-Pursuit Lasers might be a nice idea.

Guys.....guys.....GUYS!

/SWOON

#Headexplode

Where'd you find the Hoth pic? Love it!

Googled AT-AT and first page

There's no grass in space.

Have Chewie show you what's hidden in those "Smuggling compartments".....