Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

a bit disappointed in FFG's seemingly typical conservatism when it comes to rebel pilot abilities

ie why can't Audor work on himself?

is EH on a large base G1-a so freaking overpowered? what about SoT without having to invest in hera?

bleh, it's like poor braylen all over again

If Andor affected himself and took the new crew (assuming it does what it appears to do) he'd be able to ditch 2 stress per round regardless of the maneuver he performed.  He's also got an EPT slot and a System slot.

He'd be able to use Advanced Sensors to perform an action, do his red stop and 180., and then clear the stress every round.

And compared to scouts and Palp aces etc how is that even worth curtailing?

Its got bwing stats on a large base it has to do something cool, no?

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

That's because closing S-Foils give X-wing literally no benefit.
lore wise, it would provide more speed/maneuverability at a lack of offense.  That could easily be applied.
Which lore? Not the Star Wars one for sure. Movies show us that open wings are superior in every situation except for landing and long travels - including going as fast as possible while evading and not shooting (DS 1) and performing tight maneuvers with no targets to shoot at (DS 2, DS 3)

First thing i thought when i saw the Adaptive Ailerons.

Ailerons

PTL

and EU

Boost, move, barrel roll, boost

Run off table :P

I had the same initial thought, minus the "run off the table" bit. One straight, go max speed straight (either four or five), boost straight, barrel roll forward. If the fastest it can go is 4 (which I doubt, but who knows?), that means it can cover about the same distance that a Decimator with EU can cover. So on the first turn, you could suddenly pop up in attack range near your opponent's deployment zone just like a large-based ship that boosts can. Of course doing that with a Striker and having its statline instead of that of a large ship and no actions after accomplishing that move wouldn't be a good idea, but it can still cover a lot of ground if it needs to. Edited by EYEL1NER

Striker looks like an odd duck four hull behind two agility is weak sauce but it looks like it'll be cheap which balances it out.

Can anyone make out the other upgrade looks like something that lets you roll an additional dice when defending.

I've got a thread going on about it right now.

I don't know why everyone is confused about Adaptive Ailerons, all you are doing is a mandatory boost BEFORE you do your maneuver - provided you are not stressed.  I love it.

note not a boost

it's a maneuver

you can go crashing into crap and do a boost action if you choose to slap EU on these guys

coming from Ks (SLAM), trust me the difference is massive

I see.

Example: you do a 1 straight and hit someone, then you do your planned maneuver, then you do your action.

Still not all that confusing.

You say it's not confusing in the same post that you are getting it wrong. So maybe it is more confusing to some folks than you are giving it credit for.

You would do a one straight and bump .Then you'd reveal your dial, do that maneuver and not bump. Then you'd skip your perform action step because you had a maneuver that bumped. 

problem with that first round potshot idea is this thing is squishy.

Large ships almost never vaporize in the first round, so they only have an issue of taking more than they'd like right off the bat. The strikers could easily just flop right there.

Especially with that title, i dont want to joust with this thing. We know it has a white 2hard, so it can almost turn around without an action. I want to swing wide with these guys and poke from the side, completely avoiding knifefights and jousts. Curious how well they will be able to do that.

Striker title is a maneuver, which means it bumps. Per rules, ANY bump with a maneuver causes you to skip your action step. Only reason the few we have outside the actual maneuver dont care is because theyre after the action step anyway or during it.

Daredevil or SLAM can bump, but we dont care about the actionphase skip because we just did it lol

Edited by Vineheart01

3- The Striker, while another +/- 1 statline Tie, at least is trying to do something different with the title. And, on that note, FFG is REALLY going hard on the auto-include titles now it seems. Not sure I agree with that (as I enjoyed the title being used as a "fix" avenue), but it is what it is, so we should probably get used to it. Nice that the Tie Striker title isn't really auto include either though.

I would hardly call the Striker title an auto include. 

I literally said it's nice that it isn't really auto include. Although, I personally believe it will hardly ever be seen without the title.

"The Carpool Lane"

Blue Squadron Generic U-Wing x3

• Gunner
  • FCS
  • Title
  • One with Hera crew, one with Ezra crew, one with ??

Some serious fortressing shenanigans here. Put the one with Hera in front and just keep hard stopping. The ones behind it can either 1 straight bump, or hard stop to trigger Ezra help. Without the base point cost, it's hard to say, but it'll likely be 23-24. Everything fits as needed. Every angle is covered with the title helping anticipate changing directions.  

It doesnt replace the dial, it allows a free boost action that you can do whilst stressed.

Not quite.  The card specifically denies use while stressed, and it's not an action so you can't PTL/EI off of it.

It's also mandatory while not stressed, which is interesting.  For 0 points and an otherwise empty slot it's an interesting card.  It's also not an auto-include (since you may not want to have to proto-boost), and makes Duchess's ability far more useful than I first thought.

Cheers for the heads up, I am guessing you could give this thing an Engine Upgrade and boost as an action as this move doesnt count as a boost....

I agree about the Duchess, I first thought she had a pretty useless ability as far as PS 8's are concerned. But could be interesting as you have said. 

I am guessing this will have a 5 straight, so with the title and EU that allows it to go 10 forward...

Rules for overlapping ships (bumping) indicate that you skip the action step. The Striker's pre-maneuver, due to its maneuver status, would follow the overlapping ships rule for negating actions that round, even though you do not end up overlapping/bumped at the end of your maneuver.

I suspect one of the lower PS folks probably has an ability that directly counteracts this. Unless they consider Duchess' ability to negate the upgrade enough as far as pilot abilities go (and they may).

Would you want a K-Wing or an ARC with the wider large base firing arc?

no, I don't want 1 agility ships to become 4 times a bigger target with 4 times the difficulty in maneuvering around obstacles which you need to do to not get shot at

Edited by ficklegreendice

Also:

U-Wing 1 - Cassian pilot w/ Hera crew & Pivot Wing

U-Wing 2 - Pivot Wing

Two ships that can continuously K-Turn on the spot (Hera lets Cassian do infinite reds, and Cassian drops the stress from the other U-Wing, before his buddy moves again).

You'd be crazy to fly it, but its there.

Edited by ArbitraryNerd

I really wana know what the criteria for base size is

Both the k and ARC seem comparable to the U

And while iggy is a tiny model, it's incredible Statline, action and upgrade bar merits a large base,weakness

The U seems neither large enough a model nor good enough a ship for a large base

Ah, but if you swing your wings during play, think about how much real estate they cover...maybe as much as the YT-2400's saucer ?  :unsure:

(EDIT: ...not really being serious  ;) )

Edited by ianmiddy

Tie Striker easily becomes THE standout ship of wave10.

3-attack tie swarms, coming soon, brought to you by Tie Striker.

PS1 = 16 points

PS3 = 17 points

PS4 w/EPT = 18 points

The best ship for comparison is Zeb in the Phantom.

Zeb is : PS3 / crew slot / turret slot / shields / pilot ability = 18 points

Tie Striker has the same action bar, but loses much that Zeb has, therefore the PS3 generic SHOULD be cheaper than Zeb.

Howlrunner + crackshot & 5x PS1 Strikers @ 16 points = 99 point list

I think it will be 17 base for the PS1.  Howl is 6 points more than an Academy, and Duchess is 23.  23-6 is 17.  I'm guessing they'll keep the TIE Fighter skill progression because it's a pretty cheap ship, and they don't want 6 3-dice ships on the board.  IF I'm right and they keep the TIE Fighter skill progression, you could potentially do:

Howlrunner, Crack Shot (18+1) + 4 Black Strikers with Crack Shot (19+1) for 99 points.  That would be a hell of a punch.  

With the way FFG keeps overcosting generic ships, you are probably correct. :( 1 point matters a great deal on ships in this price range, which I'm sure you understand. 16-points for PS1 would merely be balanced with Inquisitor, Omega Leader, & Contracted Scout.

17 points for the PS1 Striker is at least way more reasonable than the Protectorate PS1 @ 20 points. The Striker even gets to keep the all important evade action.

Do we think or know if the U-Wing's wings will actually move ?

They're closed in the box and open in all the card art. With the Lambda and Upsilon examples, they move.

I'm wondering if the Striker's solar panels move, looking at the model...

...now if only could unsee the chopped in two hatch. :(

Here's hoping  they're costed close to a Z95

Edited by juxstapo

problem with that first round potshot idea is this thing is squishy.

Large ships almost never vaporize in the first round, so they only have an issue of taking more than they'd like right off the bat. The strikers could easily just flop right there.

Agreed, that's why I said it wouldn't be a good idea to do. Speed in there only to be in front of your enemy with no tokens from actions, 2 agility, and low hull? A four straight and boost with a Decimator is okay because he has a ton of health and can even kill a ship on that first turn, but the Striker would probably just explode.

3 2 4 4 doesn't seem like an awful statline for 23 points on the U-Wing. 3 more HP, 2 crew and a system slot over an X-Wing for only 2 more points.  We know that it has green 2 banks and a full stop. The green 2 banks bode for a decent dial, at least for the type of ship it is. 

This'll likely be the only large base ship i'll ever fly.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

I really wana know what the criteria for base size is

Both the k and ARC seem comparable to the U

And while iggy is a tiny model, it's incredible Statline, action and upgrade bar merits a large base,weakness

The U seems neither large enough a model nor good enough a ship for a large base

Ah, but if you swing your wings during play, think about how much real estate they cover...maybe as much as the YT-2400's saucer ?  :unsure:

(EDIT: ...not really being serious  ;) )

can't say I'm impressed by that wingspan

it is merely adequate at best

14114799_10157328693095142_6883460542166

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

It reads to me like you get an extra movement too, not a replacement maneuver but the writer of the articles have gotten it wrong before.

I'm wondering if the Striker's solar panels move, looking at the model...

I was wondering the same at first glance. I'm not sure why they would/should move, but those do look like hinges that they are on.

Edited by EYEL1NER