Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

im hesitant to say it'll be a fortress deployment strat (find a cosey spot, use hera to never move, flip if need be). Its got 8 total health and 1 agi when its doing that. Ordnance are going to eat this thing alive (and jammers actually HELP proton torps, since it feeds them a focus to mod)

Biggs cant really protect it either, least not easily. Maybe 2 turns worth of defense, then biggs is too far since he cant stand still.

Tie Striker easily becomes THE standout ship of wave10.

3-attack tie swarms, coming soon, brought to you by Tie Striker.

PS1 = 16 points

PS3 = 17 points

PS4 w/EPT = 18 points

The best ship for comparison is Zeb in the Phantom.

Zeb is : PS3 / crew slot / turret slot / shields / pilot ability = 18 points

Tie Striker has the same action bar, but loses much that Zeb has, therefore the PS3 generic SHOULD be cheaper than Zeb.

Howlrunner + crackshot & 5x PS1 Strikers @ 16 points = 99 point list

wonder if these stack; seem no reason they wouldn't

swx63-adaptive-ailerons.png

Twin-ion-engine-mk2-1-.png

that's some awesome PTLing right there

Can't Aileron while stressed unfortunately

bleh

what's the point then :(?

Make you think that there's more to this ship than there really is.

I think that's actually a pretty powerful combo with PTL.  You PTL to keep the title deactivated in a close-range fight, but when you're out at range repositioning you move really fast.  You'll have to think a turn ahead, but it might be interesting.

bleh

Might be cool if there is  pilot that has a pilot ability linked to green maneuvers (like Night Beast or Sabine). 

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

Closed S-Foils

Treat all straight maneuvers as green

You may flip this card after maneuvering

Open S-Foils

Ship Gains an Evade/barrel roll action

Action: Flip This Card

Emphasis mine.

In the movies X-wings with closed S-foils are slower and less agile... but can land :/

I guess they can do "S-Foils (landing) for T-65, T-70, B-wing and the ARC, but IMO it's lame

bleh

Make you think that there's more to this ship than there really is.

I think that's actually a pretty powerful combo with PTL.  You PTL to keep the title deactivated in a close-range fight, but when you're out at range repositioning you move really fast.  You'll have to think a turn ahead, but it might be interesting.

If there are already greens on the banks on the dial the Mk IIs may not be doing anything for you. 

PS1 = 16 points

PS3 = 17 points

PS4 w/EPT = 18 points

Tie Striker has the same action bar, but loses much that Zeb has, therefore the PS3 generic SHOULD be cheaper than Zeb.

I think it will be 17 base for the PS1.  Howl is 6 points more than an Academy, and Duchess is 23.  23-6 is 17.  I'm guessing they'll keep the TIE Fighter skill progression because it's a pretty cheap ship, and they don't want 6 3-dice ships on the board.  IF I'm right and they keep the TIE Fighter skill progression, you could potentially do:

Howlrunner, Crack Shot (18+1) + 4 Black Strikers with Crack Shot (19+1) for 99 points.  That would be a hell of a punch.  

Oh cool! They finally caved in and made a ship that is obviously supposed to be on a medium base on one! Oh... Wait... I need to just give up on that dream, don't I? Oh how great it would be if the Uwing, Kwing, Aggressor, and Tie Punisher were on medium bases... sigh...

A few things I noticed from this expansion-

1- Jyn Erso has a restriction at an appropriate point. I think FFG may have learned from cards like Zuckuss, that upgrades need token limits. That's a good sign, so I'm happy to see they went ahead and put that limitation in, even if the scenarios where you would get more than 3 focus is limited anyways.

2- THE OTHER SKU IS STILL MISSSINGGG AAAAAAAHHH WHAT IS ITTTT

3- The Striker, while another +/- 1 statline Tie, at least is trying to do something different with the title. And, on that note, FFG is REALLY going hard on the auto-include titles now it seems. Not sure I agree with that (as I enjoyed the title being used as a "fix" avenue), but it is what it is, so we should probably get used to it. Nice that the Tie Striker title isn't really auto include either though.

4- The Uwing must have an atrocious dial. It is costed in line (perhaps cheaper) with the B-wing, with a large base, similar upgrades (crew option, torp, systems), and a better statline with the title boosting agility a majority of the time. If the U-wing has any white turns, that would be a really tough pill to swallow for the B. But heck, with that title, I'm not sure the U-wing will even need a white turn to be effective.

im hesitant to say it'll be a fortress deployment strat (find a cosey spot, use hera to never move, flip if need be). Its got 8 total health and 1 agi when its doing that. Ordnance are going to eat this thing alive (and jammers actually HELP proton torps, since it feeds them a focus to mod)

Biggs cant really protect it either, least not easily. Maybe 2 turns worth of defense, then biggs is too far since he cant stand still.

Biggs can orbit around it :P

You can set wings in attack position if you only have enemies in fornt of you.

PS1 = 16 points

PS3 = 17 points

PS4 w/EPT = 18 points

Spend 4 points on a shield and you are coming in right with the Khiraxz as far as statline is concerned. You get some additional maneuverability and the evade action instead of being able to target lock. 

i wouldnt call the striker title auto-include unless its Dutchess.

Title isnt optional when you take it. And it can bump, which will deny your action. Makes getting range 1 with this guy really dangerous unless youre planning to flip around anyway since you are probably going to bump the guy you just shot if you didnt kill'm.

Also i would laugh if i saw Jyn on a ship against a tie swarm and that restriction wasnt there. Oh look, a swarm of 6-8 fighters bumping infront of me? i'll take....8 focus please...and i'll use the one that i got from the guy touching me to mod my attack too!

kinda wish that was a thing just because it'd be funny lol

edit: hmm, i just noticed the striker doesnt have a targetlock. Interesting, so now theres 4 ships without that (though the Phantom can get around that issue with FCS)

Edited by Vineheart01

a bit disappointed in FFG's seemingly typical conservatism when it comes to rebel pilot abilities

ie why can't Audor work on himself?

is EH on a large base G1-a so freaking overpowered? what about SoT without having to invest in hera?

bleh, it's like poor braylen all over again

Biggs can orbit around it :P

You can set wings in attack position if you only have enemies in fornt of you.

Or give it tactical jammer and Biggs can sit there and bump.. 

PS1 = 16 points

PS3 = 17 points

PS4 w/EPT = 18 points

Spend 4 points on a shield and you are coming in right with the Khiraxz as far as statline is concerned. You get some additional maneuverability and the evade action instead of being able to target lock. 

But you could do Hull Upgrade for 1 less to ignore Flechette Torpedoes and (much more importantly) keep your "No Shields, All Guts" cred.

a bit disappointed in FFG's seemingly typical conservatism when it comes to rebel pilot abilities

is EH on a large base G1-a so freaking overpowered? what about SoT without having to invest in hera?

probably because if it worked on himself, you'd see the hera strat people are talking about without hera and be 100% stress free in case he needs to leave and start being a normal ship.

Besides, they already have Kanan which basically gives a ship a full dial of green.

3- The Striker, while another +/- 1 statline Tie, at least is trying to do something different with the title. And, on that note, FFG is REALLY going hard on the auto-include titles now it seems. Not sure I agree with that (as I enjoyed the title being used as a "fix" avenue), but it is what it is, so we should probably get used to it. Nice that the Tie Striker title isn't really auto include either though.

I would hardly call the Striker title an auto include. 

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

That's because closing S-Foils give X-wing literally no benefit.

lore wise, it would provide more speed/maneuverability at a lack of offense.  That could easily be applied.

Striker looks like an odd duck four hull behind two agility is weak sauce but it looks like it'll be cheap which balances it out.

Can anyone make out the other upgrade looks like something that lets you roll an additional dice when defending.

I don't know why everyone is confused about Adaptive Ailerons, all you are doing is a mandatory boost BEFORE you do your maneuver - provided you are not stressed.  I love it.

note not a boost

it's a maneuver

you can go crashing into crap and do a boost action if you choose to slap EU on these guys

coming from Ks (SLAM), trust me the difference is massive

I see.

Example: you do a 1 straight and hit someone, then you do your planned maneuver, then you do your action.

Still not all that confusing.

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

Closed S-Foils

Treat all straight maneuvers as green

You may flip this card after maneuvering

Open S-Foils

Ship Gains an Evade/barrel roll action

Action: Flip This Card

Emphasis mine.

In the movies X-wings with closed S-foils are slower and less agile... but can land :/

I guess they can do "S-Foils (landing) for T-65, T-70, B-wing and the ARC, but IMO it's lame

They're slightly faster with S-Foils closed, although I don't think it mattered with the ARC.

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

That's because closing S-Foils give X-wing literally no benefit.

Yes it does. It did in the movie released less than a year ago... Close the S-Foils, you're more maneuverable and faster. You could easily make it where closing X-Wing foils gives you a two boost or something then opening them gives you an attack bonus that round. Just spit balling but you get the point.

If Andor affected himself and took the new crew (assuming it does what it appears to do) he'd be able to ditch 2 stress per round regardless of the maneuver he performed.  He's also got an EPT slot and a System slot.

He'd be able to use Advanced Sensors to perform an action, do his red stop and 180., and then clear the stress every round.