Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

So now every faction gets its shuttle.

I still prefer the lambda.

The Tie Striker looks like this is the next gen melt ship.

At least the base version should be cheap ... about 15 points?

I feel like the Uwing will be better, PS2 at presumably 23 points with the title giving it either 1 additional agility or the ability to spin in place.

Edited by McFoy

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

Yeah, I was confused by that also.  The card says nothing about executing a 1 speed "instead" of your maneuver.

And yeah, the dual card being for the hardly iconic U-Wing instead of the game's namesake ship is hilarious in a "I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing" kind of way.

It doesnt replace the dial, it allows a free boost action that you can do whilst stressed.

They fixed the article. It was originally saying you didnt even use the maneuver dial which made no sense.

Also, ailerons isnt a stressed boost, it denies the free "not boost boost" if you are stressed.

also LOL they fixed the article already. The striker title doesnt ignore the maneuver now.

Yep. Even changed the image to show the Striker taking his free 1 bank, then a regular 2 straight, then a barrel roll.

Why don't they check over the article more carefully and fix these things before exposing themselves to public ridicule?...

With how quickly they got a replacement image up, I'm positive they're playing the "spot the mistakes" game with us by now.  It's practically tradition I think.

So now every faction gets its shuttle.

No, Imperials and Rebels have "shuttles".  Scum have a Party Bus!

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

They did it for the Uwing why would the X or B be any different.

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

Closed S-Foils

Treat all straight maneuvers as green

You may flip this card after maneuvering

Open S-Foils

Ship Gains an Evade/barrel roll action

Action: Flip This Card

The true problem with the xwing is lack of action economy.

Closing S-foils makes them a little bit better at making basic maneuvers

while open S-foils prepares them for combat by giving them actions

by making it an action to flip the card its harder for it to be flapping...

Heck I'm almost tempted to say once S-foils are in open position you CAN'T flip the card

Edited by Tailsgod

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

Yeah, I was confused by that also.  The card says nothing about executing a 1 speed "instead" of your maneuver.

And yeah, the dual card being for the hardly iconic U-Wing instead of the game's namesake ship is hilarious in a "I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing" kind of way.

It doesnt replace the dial, it allows a free boost action that you can do whilst stressed.

They fixed the article. It was originally saying you didnt even use the maneuver dial which made no sense.

Also, ailerons isnt a stressed boost, it denies the free "not boost boost" if you are stressed.

That was fast! :D

Thank you.

Like the U-Wing?  "Closed means your landing, open means you're fighting"?

Good thing they didn't make a dual upgrade card for THAT one, then.  Except...oh...wait...

Not quite.  The card specifically denies use while stressed, and it's not an action so you can't PTL/EI off of it.

It's also mandatory while not stressed, which is interesting.  For 0 points and an otherwise empty slot it's an interesting card.  It's also not an auto-include (since you may not want to have to proto-boost), and makes Duchess's ability far more useful than I first thought.

Curiously, every other company's merchandise teasers have shown the TIE Striker to be a 2-seater.

I don't see anything, here, to account for that?

• No crew upgrade slot
  • No turret
  • No auxiliary arc
  • Heck, no upgrade slots at all - just an EPT on a few of the pilots (how bizarre?)

I dunno, I kinda feel like in watching the movie this fighter is going to come off a bit...incomplete a realization...compared to what gets shown on-screen?

Sort of like releasing an X-Wing that doesn't have an S-foils upgrade or cannot toggle shields to 'double forward' or something...some of the few things seen being done IN the movie.  How silly would that be...

I find the lack of upgrade slots disturbing.

One guy is piloting the thing, the other is controlling the Adaptive Ailerons?

wonder if these stack; seem no reason they wouldn't

swx63-adaptive-ailerons.png

Twin-ion-engine-mk2-1-.png

that's some awesome PTLing right there

Can't Aileron while stressed unfortunately

bleh

what's the point then :(?

Make you think that there's more to this ship than there really is.

So glad they edited the article quickly... Just wish they had more eyes/editors on it beforehand.

In any case, one of my favorite moves in the game is using an Advanced Sensor IG-88 to boost into open space, and then reveal a S-Loop or K-Turn. There are a hundred different possibilities where you might end up, and if you're flying against lower PS ships, it's hard to keep in arc. Seems like the Tie Striker will be able do that *every other* turn. (Because of the stress). Not great, but not bad for the points. 

I also think the generic U-Wing with title, Hera, Gunner, FCS will be a powerful fortress option. I don't think it's over-powered with 3 attack dice, but it will see play. 

I don't know why everyone is confused about Adaptive Ailerons, all you are doing is a mandatory boost BEFORE you do your maneuver - provided you are not stressed.  I love it.

note not a boost

it's a maneuver

you can go crashing into crap and do a boost action if you choose to slap EU on these guys

coming from Ks (SLAM), trust me the difference is massive

Edited by ficklegreendice

Seems like the Tie Striker will be able do that *every other* turn. (Because of the stress).

As long as you don't do something to stress yourself (PTL, red maneuver) this would be every turn.  Ailerons doesn't stress you.  For 0 points it's a great title for low cost generics who are suddenly a little more unpredictable (since your opponent has to predict Aileron + maneuver).

Tie striker seems like it will be a very efficient little ship. Great attack value, reasonable defense, a neat and incredibly useful 0 point title, and a full spread of pilots. If most of,those pilots have an EPT slot it should be a nice option for list building.

The U-Wing looks like it might suffer the same issue the ARC has - an interesting ship with a very meagre and conservatively designed and priced lineup of pilot options, and just another rebel ship begging for Biggs to be in the same list. The best thing to come out of this ship looks like the new crew options, which do look good. I must say, it looks ALOT better than I thought it would though, despite looking a little awkward on a large base.