Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

I believe that Adaptive Ailerons combined with TIE Mk. II will make those 1 banks green in the same way that Nien Nunb and R2 make the white 1 forward from being Ionized green.

Seems like we've finally got a good candidate for taking Rage that isn't Tycho. 

Oh yeah it totally will. The TIE MK2 doesnt say anything about your dial, it just says maneuvers. Since the title isnt a boost, the maneuver is both green and it can bump.

hmm...if it bumps would you skip the action phase then? i dont know the wording off the top of my head, but you bumped before the action step....

You sure would. You've got two chance to bump or hit an obstacle every turn.

wake me up when the t65 is fixed

Striker is a lot like a T65, for Imperials.

Eh, not quite.

Same agi, same attack, 1 less total health with no crit-soaking shields and no astromech (or crew for that matter) for added shenanigans.

Which tbh im surprised it doesnt have a crew or bomb. Wtf is that elongated chassis for?

3 attack, 2 agility, they both have white 2-turn. Striker Definitely wins in the maneuverability (BR and s-loop) and cost department (PS8 is 23?), though.

wheres the sloop coming from?

also LOL they fixed the article already. The striker title doesnt ignore the maneuver now.

There is a reference card for S-loop

Eh, not quite.

Same agi, same attack, 1 less total health with no crit-soaking shields and no astromech (or crew for that matter) for added shenanigans.

Which tbh im surprised it doesnt have a crew or bomb. Wtf is that elongated chassis for?

3 attack, 2 agility, they both have white 2-turn. Striker Definitely wins in the maneuverability (BR and s-loop) and cost department (PS8 is 23?), though.

also LOL they fixed the article already. The striker title doesnt ignore the maneuver now.

There's a S-Loop rule card in the spread.

Yeah, OK, Cassian Andor is tremendous. And it's going to take a while for me to stop thinking of him as Kassius Ohno, but that's my problem. Less convinced by Jyn, but I'm sure a situational kinda-RecSpec you can use on other ships is going to be pretty strong in the right list.

Man. Those are some nice models.

Jyn is for Kanan Jarrus.

I believe that Adaptive Ailerons combined with TIE Mk. II will make those 1 banks green in the same way that Nien Nunb and R2 make the white 1 forward from being Ionized green.

Oh yeah it totally will. The TIE MK2 doesnt say anything about your dial, it just says maneuvers. Since the title isnt a boost, the maneuver is both green and it can bump.

hmm...if it bumps would you skip the action phase then? i dont know the wording off the top of my head, but you bumped before the action step....

I'm not sure what benefit you would get from it being green, though.  You can't take the pre-move boost if you're stressed, so green vs white doesn't matter.  Does it?

Eh, not quite.

Reference card in the display image for the Striker.

EDIT: It seems others have answered this question.

EDIT AGAIN: It's interesting that no reference cards are in the display image for the U-Wing. It should at least need the mods and titles card. Doesn't it also need a reference card for the 0 stop?

Edited by Ixidor

I'm not sure what benefit you would get from it being green, though.  You can't take the pre-move boost if you're stressed, so green vs white doesn't matter.  Does it?

Nope. I totally forgot about that restriction.

Eh, not quite.

Reference card

Yep. Even changed the image to show the Striker taking his free 1 bank, then a regular 2 straight, then a barrel roll.

Why don't they check over the article more carefully and fix these things before exposing themselves to public ridicule?...

Eh, not quite.

Reference card in the display image for the Striker.

EDIT: It seems others have answered this question.

EDIT AGAIN: It's interesting that no reference cards are in the display image for the U-Wing. It should at least need the mods and titles card. Doesn't it also need a reference card for the 0 stop?

It's a big ship, it gets a rule book, not ref cards.

Curiously, every other company's merchandise teasers have shown the TIE Striker to be a 2-seater.

I don't see anything, here, to account for that?

• No crew upgrade slot
  • No turret
  • No auxiliary arc
  • Heck, no upgrade slots at all - just an EPT on a few of the pilots (how bizarre?)

I dunno, I kinda feel like in watching the movie this fighter is going to come off a bit...incomplete a realization...compared to what gets shown on-screen?

Sort of like releasing an X-Wing that doesn't have an S-foils upgrade or cannot toggle shields to 'double forward' or something...some of the few things seen being done IN the movie.  How silly would that be...

I don't fly rebels but I am super-excited for that U-Wing and will build and fly a list immediately upon getting my hands on one.

I'm bummed that there is no Chirrut Îmwe crew card. Donnie Yen on the tabletop would have been too cool.

I'm also looking forward to flying Duchess with title and PtL (maybe an EU too for another boost thrown in there) and cannot wait to see what the TIE-only mod is and how it could affect Interceptors or other TIE ships.

I'm more excited for these two ships that all of Wave 9 and everything else in 10 barring the Upsilon. Bring 'em on, FFG! I want them now.

Curiously, every other company's merchandise teasers have shown the TIE Striker to be a 2-seater.

I don't see anything, here, to account for that?

• No crew upgrade slot
  • No turret
  • No auxiliary arc
  • Heck, no upgrade slots at all - just an EPT on a few of the pilots (how bizarre?)

I dunno, I kinda feel like in watching the movie this fighter is going to come off a bit...incomplete a realization...compared to what gets shown on-screen?

Sort of like releasing an X-Wing that doesn't have an S-foils upgrade or cannot toggle shields to 'double forward' or something...some of the few things seen being done IN the movie.  How silly would that be...

I find the lack of upgrade slots disturbing.

It's too much, too fast. I just can't get excited about the new ships.

QFFT.  Is this the first time we've had three waves of ships in the pipe at once?  Or did it happen with TFA, also?

I believe there are only two, plus HotR, and maybe a Sum Epic.

It looks like the crew that is named "Ins... Re..." lets a friendly ship remove a second stress token when it removes a stress a token. 

I like this idea/speculation.

wow like 5 people mentioned the ref card lol.

So i glanced at the PDF rules. "Execute a maneuver" outside of your dial directly states to perform the given step of the activation phase for performing maneuvers.

Overlapping ships doesnt mention what kind of maneuver. So this is afaik the first ship that can bump with its non-dial maneuver and lose its action, since its the only one that happens BEFORE the normal action would occur anyway (SLAM for instance, you already did your action so who cares unless you got the adv slam).

Ooo...that sucks. That really sucks. Striker with that card is going to be easily denied its action. I am not liking the sound of this....

So now every faction gets its shuttle.

I still prefer the lambda.

The Tie Striker looks like this is the next gen melt ship.

At least the base version should be cheap ... about 15 points?

I sense the return of modified swarms..... 

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

Yeah, I was confused by that also.  The card says nothing about executing a 1 speed "instead" of your maneuver.

And yeah, the dual card being for the hardly iconic U-Wing instead of the game's namesake ship is hilarious in a "I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing" kind of way.

It doesnt replace the dial, it allows a free boost action that you can do whilst stressed.