Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

Totally didnt see this coming and i dont think anybody did either! /sarcasm

anyway...

Looks like rebels get a pretty solid double-crew support ship instead of yet another half-assed single slot support. And some pretty interesting cards to boot. Cassian is literally an intel agent with a prediction reward that can be really powerful: set up for one move, guess the other, if wrong, no biggie, if right, change to the other move (you have ANY IDEA how many times ive seen my opponent have 2 completely viable and likely moves, totally called he was going to do one, but guessed the wrong one of the two?)

Jyn + Jan ftw. Make one of those focus an evade cause WHY NOT :D also it says "friendly ship" not "another friendly ship" - why is it always non-imperial getting the friendly ship crap so it works on the ship its on? *glares at Systems Officer*

Also i FREAKING CALLED IT! Duo-sided title that changes this thing's gameplay, though not as drastic as i had hoped.

Yay Sensor Jammer on a not lambda ship finally! ive seriously been tempted to get another lambda because of that card, even though there is NOTHING else in that pack i want multiples of.

i...dont get why this thing is a large base though. It LOOKS like its the same-ish size as the kwing, if not a little bigger. Thats weird. Its cheaper than the Lambda and has a green 2bank, but its soooo small!

As for the striker....im confused.

It looks like a new Interceptor without a green 2hard (probably the exact reason they revealed that move was to show its not the same dial), +1 hull, -1 agi, and DIRT CHEAP HOLY CRAP. The PS8 guy is 23 freakin points?? Something tells me these guys might never be fielded alone and come in packs.

Also yay for FFG article writers screwing up on the article. The card says before you reveal your dial, which indicates free movement, but the article acts like it replaces it. Theres 0 chance it replaces it, as that would prevent them (except the PS8 one) from ever moving faster than 1speed, and with no 1hard in that option list that royally blows.

looking forward to the U-wing as it looks like its adding some new shenanigans, but the striker worries me its nothing more than a replacement. Sounds great, but it seriously feels like a replacement.

Edited by Vineheart01

With the card having to flip after a maneuver to ready the 180 stop, this makes any maneuver a super telegraphed koiogran turn.

Just because you flip the card doesn't mean you're doing the 180 the very next turn.  Making your opponent wonder when you're going to fire that bullet could be fun.

Sure, but in the meantime you've only got 1 Agility.

Do we know the product codes for these? Is one of these the missing product or is there still a chance of a Rebel Veterans style X-Wing fix.

SWX 62 and 63

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226823-missing-sku-place-your-bets-for-what-swx58-will-be/?p=2346460

Edited by eMeM

Right now I'm looking at "Duchess", with a good ability, 3 attack dice, and an EPT slot for 23 points.  That's a good combination of PS and attack power for the cost.  Defense leaves a lot to be desired, but with the title and her high PS she should be able to get out of a lot of jams.  Bad against turrets, though, but she's so cheap that that's probably okay.  

Extrapolating back, if you do the stock TIE Fighter PS progression, PS8 is 6 points more than PS1, so the PS1 striker would be 17 points.  That's probably right, so you can't stick 6 3-attack ships in a squad.

Looks like there is a TIE modification that grants and extra green die if conditions are met.

I am very intrigued by this.

swx62-pivot-wing-landing.pngswx62-pivot-wing-attack.png

What a weird way to turn around.

With the card having to flip after a maneuver to ready the 180 stop, this makes any maneuver a super telegraphed koiogran turn.

I think you normally stay on Landing unless you're getting shot at least twice, to keep that from being telegraphed.

Put Hera on it and some stuff for free dice mods, like FCS and Ezra. You can find a nice spot and "camp" there whole game, switching 180 degree if you don't have a target in front of you :P

wake me up when the t65 is fixed

Striker is a lot like a T65, for Imperials.

Eh, not quite.

Same agi, same attack, 1 less total health with no crit-soaking shields and no astromech (or crew for that matter) for added shenanigans.

Which tbh im surprised it doesnt have a crew or bomb. Wtf is that elongated chassis for?

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

Ships look good as always with FFG Xwing minis.

But...

Wings flappings every 2 seconds on the U-wing ? Come on, that's ridiculous....

And the ailerons on the striker before the manoeuver? It's pre-nerf phantom all over again.

No, it's half of Sabine's pilot ability, not only limited to boost but mandatory! It's a big deal, you basically have no manuevers slower than speed 3(!!!), you will have to be very careful around rocks and extremely easy to catch with a Conner

Unlike Sabine's ability this doesn't allow you to trigger PTL before revealing a green maneuver.

Eh, not quite.

Same agi, same attack, 1 less total health with no crit-soaking shields and no astromech (or crew for that matter) for added shenanigans.

Which tbh im surprised it doesnt have a crew or bomb. Wtf is that elongated chassis for?

Maybe a large engine

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

Ships look good as always with FFG Xwing minis.

But...

Wings flappings every 2 seconds on the U-wing ? Come on, that's ridiculous....

And the ailerons on the striker before the manoeuver? It's pre-nerf phantom all over again.

No, it's half of Sabine's pilot ability, not only limited to boost but mandatory! It's a big deal, you basically have no manuevers slower than speed 3(!!!), you will have to be very careful around rocks and extremely easy to catch with a Conner

Unlike Sabine's ability this doesn't allow you to trigger PTL before revealing a green maneuver.

Yeah, that too. It looks like a fun way to add some diversity to yet another TIE Fighter, but not even near OP. Edited by eMeM

I believe that Adaptive Ailerons combined with TIE Mk. II will make those 1 banks green in the same way that Nien Nunb and R2 make the white 1 forward from being Ionized green.

Seems like we've finally got a good candidate for taking Rage that isn't Tycho. 

Only thing though is you don't do ailerons if you're stressed.

So, this TIE-only update.

Personal theory: (Italics are my fill-ins)

Lightweight

Frame

When defending, before rolling

defense dice, you may roll x

attack dice. for each <result> you may

roll 1 additional defence dice

you cannot modify

your defence

dice

Cost and effectiveness would be dependent on value of X and the required result...

Edited by Rft

I believe that Adaptive Ailerons combined with TIE Mk. II will make those 1 banks green in the same way that Nien Nunb and R2 make the white 1 forward from being Ionized green.

Only thing though is you don't do ailerons if you're stressed.

Dag Nabbit.

Oh yeah it totally will. The TIE MK2 doesnt say anything about your dial, it just says maneuvers. Since the title isnt a boost, the maneuver is both green and it can bump.

hmm...if it bumps would you skip the action phase then? i dont know the wording off the top of my head, but you bumped before the action step....

Eh, not quite.

3 attack, 2 agility, they both have white 2-turn. Striker Definitely wins in the maneuverability (BR and s-loop) and cost department (PS8 is 23?), though.

So, this TIE-only update.

Personal theory: (Italics are my fill-ins)

Lightened

Frame

When defending, before rolling

defense dice, you may roll x

attack dice. for each <result> you may

roll 1 additional defence dice

you cannot modify

your defence

dice

Cost and effectiveness would be dependent on value of X and the required result...

I'm more of a mind it's "if the opponent has X or more attack dice roll an extra green dice, you cannot use your Barrel Roll action".

Yeah, OK, Cassian Andor is tremendous. And it's going to take a while for me to stop thinking of him as Kassius Ohno, but that's my problem. Less convinced by Jyn, but I'm sure a situational kinda-RecSpec you can use on other ships is going to be pretty strong in the right list.

Man. Those are some nice models.

Eh, not quite.

3 attack, 2 agility, they both have white 2-turn. Striker Definitely wins in the maneuverability (BR and s-loop) and cost department (PS8 is 23?), though.

wheres the sloop coming from?

also LOL they fixed the article already. The striker title doesnt ignore the maneuver now.