Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

Rule question: if the striker bumps with the aileron move, what happens to its normal move, actions?

Nothing. But it's possible there will be a ruling like for boost that you can't choose to execute a manoeuvre that bumps you.

I think this is simple. It's a maneuver, so just using the action on Daredevil, you can bump, even if you're already bumped.

So you'll execute the mandatory extra maneuver, and then regardless of whether you bump, you execute your regular maneuver.

Only part I'm unsure of is if you lose your action or not.

Current rules seem to indicate that if you bumped on either maneuver, you lose your action. Maybe it will get FAQ'd.

Cassian Andor seems overpriced. I could see throwing him in for 1 point, but 2 points is making him compete with a lot of good crew options.

Jyn + Biggs.... The horror.

I think we have a wrong article again. Adaptive Ailerons does not look like it cancels out your maneuver. Otherwise why would you ever run it? It restrict you to 3 maneuver most of the time.

Cassian is an Intel Agent that gives you the chance to change your dial to any other maneuver. You're basically paying an extra point to give that IA an extra bit of utility.

Cassian vs. Phatoms will be amazing. Whisper won't ever be able to 1-turn again in its vicinity.

Right now I'm looking at "Duchess", with a good ability, 3 attack dice, and an EPT slot for 23 points.  That's a good combination of PS and attack power for the cost.  Defense leaves a lot to be desired, but with the title and her high PS she should be able to get out of a lot of jams.  Bad against turrets, though, but she's so cheap that that's probably okay.  

Extrapolating back, if you do the stock TIE Fighter PS progression, PS8 is 6 points more than PS1, so the PS1 striker would be 17 points.  That's probably right, so you can't stick 6 3-attack ships in a squad.

Jyn + Biggs + Jan Ors = Absolute horror

Jyn + Biggs + Jan Ors + Thane = Steven King's "The Stand"

Put the U-wing in front, equip Tactical Jammer, Jyn and Jan. Mix with other ships as needed.

Jyn Erso is going to be a fun way to load the Moldy Crow up with Focus,. 

And I am loving that the U-wing has movable wings. 

See I'm glad they gave this nod to the HWK - because Jyn = Jan and in my heart they will always be that way.   The clone wars apparently, have never ended. 

Also - This puts Scum back down to being down 1 ship - which means we are probably still gonna see a 4 ship wave for wave 11 now.   Scum needs moreeeeeeeee!

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

Ships look good as always with FFG Xwing minis.

But...

Wings flappings every 2 seconds on the U-wing ? Come on, that's ridiculous....

And the ailerons on the striker before the manoeuver? It's pre-nerf phantom all over again.

I was going to disagree with the phantom remark but it's 4 hull 3 att, if the dial is good this may be my new favorite ship.

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

But...

And the ailerons on the striker before the manoeuver? It's pre-nerf phantom all over again.

No, it's half of Sabine's pilot ability, not only limited to boost but mandatory! It's a big deal, you basically have no manuevers slower than speed 3(!!!), you will have to be very careful around rocks and extremely easy to catch with a Conner

Edited by eMeM

I _really_ do _not_ like Cassians ability. 

part of the charm of this game is guessing moves / reading your opponent and setting your stuff up accordingly etc.

with a lot of ships things the next manouver is 1 of 2, maybe 3, possible good moves. you set up for one, guess the other and change your dial.. 

meh.

meh².

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

But...

I was going to disagree with the phantom remark but it's 4 hull 3 att, if the dial is good this may be my new favorite ship.

If it's got TIE Fighter/TIE-fo PS progression cost, and the Black Squadron also has an EPT, you probably could do 5 PS4s with Crack Shot.  That seems legit, honestly.

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

But...

No, it's half of Sabine's pilot ability, not only limited to boost but mandatory! It's a big deal, you basically have no manuevers slower than speed 3(!!!), you will have to be very careful around rocks and extremely easy to catch with a Conner
The easy way around this is stress yourself, you can do less than a 3 speed just takes planning.

Cassian Andor seems overpriced. I could see throwing him in for 1 point, but 2 points is making him compete with a lot of good crew options.

I think we have a wrong article again. Adaptive Ailerons does not look like it cancels out your maneuver. Otherwise why would you ever run it? It restrict you to 3 maneuver most of the time.

Cassian is an Intel Agent that gives you the chance to change your dial to any other maneuver. You're basically paying an extra point to give that IA an extra bit of utility.

Cassian is awesome. Worse case is that he's just the same effect as Intel Agent best case is that he's Intel Agent with Stay on Target + Navigator. You set your maneuver based on assuming your opponent will do one thing and then you guess the other move you think they might pull and adjust accordingly. 

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

But...

If it's got TIE Fighter/TIE-fo PS progression cost, and the Black Squadron also has an EPT, you probably could do 5 PS4s with Crack Shot.  That seems legit, honestly.

Or 4 w/Crackshot and Howlrunner. Some nasty offense there. 

Right now I'm looking at "Duchess", with a good ability, 3 attack dice, and an EPT slot for 23 points.  That's a good combination of PS and attack power for the cost.  Defense leaves a lot to be desired, but with the title and her high PS she should be able to get out of a lot of jams.  Bad against turrets, though, but she's so cheap that that's probably okay.  

Extrapolating back, if you do the stock TIE Fighter PS progression, PS8 is 6 points more than PS1, so the PS1 striker would be 17 points.  That's probably right, so you can't stick 6 3-attack ships in a squad.

Looks like there is a TIE modification that grants and extra green die if conditions are met.

Ehhh...

I really hoped they wouldn't introduce a one-ship-fortress to the game. At least I hope they playtested it...

(U-Wing with title, Hera, Gunner and FCS will be around 30 pts).

Why Hera? We don't even know how many red maneuvers it will have. We can assume the stop is, I suppose, though we don't know that for sure. I guess that's what you're talking about.

swx62-pivot-wing-landing.pngswx62-pivot-wing-attack.png

What a weird way to turn around.

With the card having to flip after a maneuver to ready the 180 stop, this makes any maneuver a super telegraphed koiogran turn.

Just because you flip the card doesn't mean you're doing the 180 the very next turn.  Making your opponent wonder when you're going to fire that bullet could be fun.