Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

I'm really hoping the article is mistaken on the adaptive ailerons, if it forces you to take only those three maneuvers this will he the most predictable ship in the game. It's certainly and interesting expansion though.

The U-Wing looks like it's basically a Rebel version of the Lambda, and I'm stoked that they used the dual title mechanic for the wings.

The Striker will depend on what that TIE-only upgrade is in the pack. Right now, it's basically an Imperial version of the attack shuttle, only with hull instead of shields. How a ship with that hull profile could only have two agility is beyond me, but so far I'm not impressed.

It's mainly designed for in-atmosphere fighting, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be equipped to be as manoeuvrable as a fighter designed for space.

I love the U-Wing so much!

Also Does Jyn's ability stack with recon specilist to allow up to six focus tokens?

Edit: nevermind I figured it out, sadly :(

Kinda?  The ship she uses her action on can then do a focus action with recspec to get up to 3 focus tokens on its own (if it has two recspecs) for a total of 6.  Jyn crew backing up Kanan could be really annoying.

The TIE striker example is weird, don't they still perform the regular maneuver after the aileron one?

The way the card is worded I would say that's exactly how it works, article be damned. It is pretty much get a free boost before move if unstressed, this is not unheard of.

Edited by LordFajubi

cassian andor is.... interesting.

Like, you're probably not going to proc it all that often, but when you do, well... It sure can be a way to outfly super pesky aces. 

Either way, you end up knowing what their dial says anyways. That's still incredibly valuable. For your other ships with reposition actions, you can still make things hell for that ship.

Put him on a Wild Space Fringer with APL or Ion Projectors, and maybe a Smuggling Compartment with BMST. Hilarity ensues.

Like, you're probably not going to proc it all that often, but when you do, well... It sure can be a way to outfly super pesky aces. 

Either way, you end up knowing what their dial says anyways. That's still incredibly valuable. For your other ships with reposition actions, you can still make things hell for that ship.

Cassian is one of those things that will be great when it works but terrible otherwise - but really, like Navigator and its related abilities, it's mostly just mistake insurance.  ANd paying for mistake insurance is a bad idea.  Just git gud instead.

Also, the fact that both the U-Wing and the Upsilon-Class shuttle are on a large base really highlights the limitations of the small-base, large-base system. The U-Wing doesn't look much larger than a K-Wing, so why the large base?

I figure Length rather than Width is the main gauge - U-wing looks longer than the Aggressor with wings set forward.

Rule question: if the striker bumps with the aileron move, what happens to its normal move, actions?

I imagine boost rules prolly apply, if you would bump you can't do it.

It does specifically say white move though not boost. Good question really, it prolly does negate the following move.

Edited by LordFajubi

Cassian is one of those things that will be great when it works but terrible otherwise - but really, like Navigator and its related abilities, it's mostly just mistake insurance.  ANd paying for mistake insurance is a bad idea.  Just git gud instead.

It's Intel Agent + Navigator on steroids where the Navigator only shows up to his job some of the time. I think he's appropriately costed and on a ship that's already running Intel Agent, it's a reasonable upgrade to work some of the time while still getting the benefits of IA. I'm not sure how many ships the Rebels have with crew that are great at bump-wing, though (at least not like Scouts are).

Cassian Andor seems overpriced. I could see throwing him in for 1 point, but 2 points is making him compete with a lot of good crew options.

Jyn + Biggs.... The horror.

Generic U-wing w/ Jan Ors and Jyn. Biggs does a focus which now becomes an Evade. Then Jyn dumps focus on him. You can even get nutty on throw a SD on Biggs and run him behind the U-wing with a tactical jammer...

I think we have a wrong article again. Adaptive Ailerons does not look like it cancels out your maneuver. Otherwise why would you ever run it? It restrict you to 3 maneuver most of the time.

Edited by Jo Jo

Rule question: if the striker bumps with the aileron move, what happens to its normal move, actions?

Nothing. But it's possible there will be a ruling like for boost that you can't choose to execute a manoeuvre that bumps you.

I think this is simple. It's a maneuver, so just using the action on Daredevil, you can bump, even if you're already bumped.

So you'll execute the mandatory extra maneuver, and then regardless of whether you bump, you execute your regular maneuver.

Only part I'm unsure of is if you lose your action or not.

Cassian to me seems like a C3P0 like effect. You look at your opponent, and choose your move to catch what you think they are doing. If you are worried they did something else though, you guess the move you hope they didn't do based on your initial move selection. So if they move you expected, you still go towards them, if they did the move you hoped they wouldn't, you can now react to that.

Rey Falcon anyone?

Looks like pilot Cassian Andor says:

At the start of the Activation Phase, you may remove 1 Stress token from 1 other friendly ship at Range 1-2.

And the named Striker pilot "Duchess" says:

While you have the "Adaptive Aileron" upgrade card equipped, you may choose to ignore its card ability.

Edited by DailyRich

I disagree entirely. On the right ship, Cassian's ability is ridiculous.

Suppose you want a block on Soontir Fel, but you don't know which way he'll go. Sure, he's probably doing the hard right, but he could also bug out with a 4-straight. You're pretty sure he's doing the hard right, so you dial in to block it. However, at the end of the Planning phase, you guess the four straight. If you're right, you can change the maneuver. If you're wrong, you're still in position for the block.

For 34 points, you can put him on a Wild Space Fringer with Anti-Pursuit Lasers or Ion Projectors, and still have 66 points left for three B-Wings or two aces.

I'm really hoping the article is mistaken on the adaptive ailerons, if it forces you to take only those three maneuvers this will he the most predictable ship in the game. It's certainly and interesting expansion though.

The way I read it was like a generic boost before your maneuver. So you do one of those 3, then do your regular maneuver.

It will be really interesting to see these Ioned.

Also with this, you can still boost with EU after.

Edited by Jadotch

Cassian Andor seems overpriced. I could see throwing him in for 1 point, but 2 points is making him compete with a lot of good crew options.

Intel Agent gives half of his ability for 1 point. That's probably why he's 2 points. Should have extended the range to 1-3, I think.

It's Intel Agent + Navigator on steroids where the Navigator only shows up to his job some of the time. I think he's appropriately costed and on a ship that's already running Intel Agent, it's a reasonable upgrade to work some of the time while still getting the benefits of IA. I'm not sure how many ships the Rebels have with crew that are great at bump-wing, though (at least not like Scouts are).

The problem is, if you don't guess the manuever rigth, he is just an Intel Agent but for 1 point more. If you do guess it right... well, why would you want to change your dial? You already knew what his manuever will be.

EDIT I'm stupid, yeah, this is an insurance, you chose less safe moves, looks interesting!

Edited by eMeM

Oh man, that's sh*tty.

Ships look good as always with FFG Xwing minis.

But...

Wings flappings every 2 seconds on the U-wing ? Come on, that's ridiculous....

And the ailerons on the striker before the manoeuver? It's pre-nerf phantom all over again.

Edited by Giledhil

I think we have a wrong article again. Adaptive Ailerons does not look like it cancels out your maneuver. Otherwise why would you ever run it? It restrict you to 3 maneuver most of the time.

Cassian is an Intel Agent that gives you the chance to change your dial to any other maneuver. You're basically paying an extra point to give that IA an extra bit of utility.