Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

It doesnt replace the dial, it allows a free boost action that you can do whilst stressed.

Not quite.  The card specifically denies use while stressed, and it's not an action so you can't PTL/EI off of it.

It's also mandatory while not stressed, which is interesting.  For 0 points and an otherwise empty slot it's an interesting card.  It's also not an auto-include (since you may not want to have to proto-boost), and makes Duchess's ability far more useful than I first thought.

Cheers for the heads up, I am guessing you could give this thing an Engine Upgrade and boost as an action as this move doesnt count as a boost....

I agree about the Duchess, I first thought she had a pretty useless ability as far as PS 8's are concerned. But could be interesting as you have said. 

I am guessing this will have a 5 straight, so with the title and EU that allows it to go 10 forward...

Even though i agree with you and think it'll probably get a 5 straight; i don't think it should. With it being designed more for in atmosphere it would make sense that maneuverability would be far more important than straight-line speed. It should have all green 1 maneuvers, all white 2 maneuvers (including s-loops), and all red 3 maneuvers (including k-turn) and that's it. With title it is crazy maneuverable, without slow but a mean knife fighter. Also makes Duchess pretty scary with the choice of using title. Pretty sure it won't happen, but I'd stock up if that was the dial.

Currently low ps interceptors are trash

You don't want them holding back other ships

Basically the striker HAS TO BE A LOT MORE EFFICIENT than the interceptor if it wants to see any play at all

That goes for almost every ship in the game

Oh I agree... interceptors were my go to when I got into the game and I've consistently tried to keep using them but even dropping to Turr or a RG hurts...the future of Fel and Jax is also a bit murky when I'm seriously looking at replacing them with 2 of these guys.  Anyone catch the point cost on the add a green die mod?  That's killer.  And abusable by other ties too.  

I'm sure this means the interceptor is officially dead.

After seeing the white and red TIE Interceptors in TV promos for season 3 of SW Rebels, I'm thinking we might get an expansion with a new alt-paint model (and prob a useful Title) in the somewhat near future- who knows? But I'm sure FFG will revitalize the Interceptor if it needs to be brought back to life.

The paint job in Rebelson the Interceptor is the exact same paint job that came in Imperial Aces.

Well other than the white but then it kinda looks grey to me, white to you, so watching the episodes will tell us more. Though I still doubt it will give us another release, unless they make some new pilots in Rebels that they want to bring into the game.

Seems to add a green when red dice are more than green.  With the continued trend of everything getting 3 red it's not quite the same but pretty close for when it matters.

I hope it adds a Green die when the Red dice are EQUAL TO OR MORE THAN the green dice, and not just when there are more than the Green.

Seems to add a green when red dice are more than green.  With the continued trend of everything getting 3 red it's not quite the same but pretty close for when it matters.

I hope it adds a Green die when the Red dice are EQUAL TO OR MORE THAN the green dice, and not just when there are more than the Green.

So... just straight up adding a green die except against HWK primaries?

Because throwing it on an interceptor in place of a stealth device to get a bonus die against anything with 3 Attack dice is JUST what we want. Or dropping au

I prefer the speculated rerolls or other kind of mod.

Just adding a die is like admitting they ****** up the base profile of the ship wheras mods are more reliable damage mitigation rather than spikey Crap that can just negate all damage

Or, put differently, adding a green is just an excuse to run more Palp stuff

Edited by ficklegreendice

I'm all in favor of a free title/modification that pushes the TIE Fighter's efficiency back up to where it belongs, among the best in the game. Not sure just adding a die will do it though.

Edited by Engine25

One would think that a card adding one green die if your defense is equal or less than the attack would be worth about 1 point (maybe even less most of the time). But knowing FFG 's price pointing of some cards such as R3 astromech, it'll cost 7 points! :P

Edited by knavelead

One would think that a card adding one green die if your defense is equal or less than the attack would be worth about 1 point (maybe even less most of the time). But knowing FFG 's price pointing of some cards such as R3 astromech, it'll cost 7 points! :P

If the card where to "add one green die if number of defence dice <= attack dice" it's essentially a Stealth device since only the HWKs primaries won't trigger it. Ergo, that's not going to happen.

Well you can pretty easily see "roll 1 add..." on the card. It's pretty certain it's adding a defense dice it's just not certain why and the bottom is leaning pretty fair to can not modify the dice. If that is the case this is not like stealth device at all. It's probably permanent as long as condition is met and honestly blows if you can't mod anything. I'd take the temp nature of SD anyday, not to mention it makes it useless to a palp ace or anything really. Using a focus token is considered dice mod isn't it? So evade token only on a naked 3 dice roll is pretty garbage.

I prefer the speculated rerolls or other kind of mod.

Just adding a die is like admitting they ****** up the base profile of the ship wheras mods are more reliable damage mitigation rather than spikey Crap that can just negate all damage

Or, put differently, adding a green is just an excuse to run more Palp stuff

But adding a die is essentially just a slightly better reroll, especially if you can't modify.

Well you can pretty easily see "roll 1 add..." on the card. It's pretty certain it's adding a defense dice it's just not certain why and the bottom is leaning pretty fair to can not modify the dice. If that is the case this is not like stealth device at all. It's probably permanent as long as condition is met and honestly blows if you can't mod anything. I'd take the temp nature of SD anyday, not to mention it makes it useless to a palp ace or anything really. Using a focus token is considered dice mod isn't it? So evade token only on a naked 3 dice roll is pretty garbage.

The issue here weren't that you could add one die, but the condition. Having it be Def <= Atk would be far to permissive since it would trigger almost always. 

As for dice mods. Using an evade token is also a dice modification since you add a dice (albeit with a specific result). So no dice ;)

Edited by Lyynark

Repositioning moves really need high PS to be of value, that is why Interceptors are still stuck in the Wave 5-meta PS arms race.

If this is what the upgrade does, I wonder if it will make the Tie Punisher worth another look since it will double its agility against most shots.

Edited by Karhedron

Repositioning moves really need high PS to be of value, that is why Interceptors are still stuck in the Wave 5-meta PS arms race.

If this is what the upgrade does, I wonder if it will make the Tie Punisher worth another look since it will double its agility against most shots.

Not unless it's a title.  If it's a mod it costs it LRS or Chips.  Or in Deathrain's case, EI.

Bloody hell.  First X-Wings, Kyrhax (sp?), Scyks, Firesprays, B-Wings and E-Wings were obsolete, now I'm to understand TIE Fighters and Interceptors need a fix too??

Edited by mazz0

Not unless it's a title.  If it's a mod it costs it LRS or Chips.  Or in Deathrain's case, EI.

EI bloats Deathrain needlessly. I still haven't seen a better DR build than the one FGD used to win a late wave 7 store championship:

“Deathrain” (37)

TIE Punisher (26), Accuracy Corrector (3), Extra Munitions (2), Conner Net (4), Seismic Charges (2)

AC rids you of the need to perform actions (so screw EI) and makes DR hypermobile between Seismics (don't hesitate to blow those into open space just for the BR) and free boosting. It also keeps him less expensive than other variants. Now imagine another cheap green dice for that build...thats pretty nice (if its really cheap).

Bloody hell.  First X-Wings, Kyrhax (sp?), Scyks, Firesprays, B-Wings and E-Wings were obsolete, now I'm to understand TIE Fighters and Interceptors need a fix too??

Everything! Absolutely everything needs a fix, except Palpatine, Soontir, Inquisitor, OmegaL, Vessery and the flying toilets (or the evil PSIOVT, if you prefer acronyms). 

I don't understand how FFG has not yet released a title usable by all ships, style: "Not the most over-competitive: If you use none of the PSIOVT, you may cut in half the cost of your ship."

The mere perspective of a new ship that can't clearly stand his ground (at first sight, well before even being used it in a real play) against the PSIOVT It's so outrageous...

no they don't

repositioning is always useful, esp on the approach and for blocking

I understand blocking is the loc ness monster of the X-wing forums, but it exists and it carried Nathan to 2nd place at the wave 7 worlds

the tie interceptor's problem is it is expensive, inefficient and lacks dice mods while being on the most fragile chassis possible when the dice inevitably crap out on you

no they don't

I understand blocking is the loc ness monster of the X-wing forums, but it exists and it carried Nathan to 2nd place at the wave 7 worlds

the tie interceptor's problem is it is expensive, inefficient and lacks dice mods while being on the most fragile chassis possible when the dice inevitably crap out on you

Is blocking still controversial?  I didn't think it had been for a long time.

Aren't we dealing in absolutes here, which as we all know is something only Sith do?

Barrel rolls and boosts (I'd have thought it's only called repositioning if it's reactionary - ie after seeing your opponents move?) do indeed have uses when taken before your opponent moves, but they're surely not as valuable there as they are for high pilot skill repositioning?  Arc dodging without repositioning is a lot harder than blocking without repositioning.

Edited by mazz0

no they don't

Is blocking still controversial?  I didn't think it had been for a long time.

Aren't we dealing in absolutes here, which as we all know is something only Sith do?

Barrel rolls and boosts (I'd have thought it's only called repositioning if it's reactionary - ie after seeing your opponents move?) do indeed have uses when taken before your opponent moves, but they're surely not as valuable there as they are for high pilot skill repositioning?  Arc dodging without repositioning is a lot harder than blocking without repositioning.

you can arc dodge easily without repositioning. that's the MO of every auxilary/mobile arc, PWT or SWT

besides, if you block, you can easily play around your opponent without ever having to boost/roll

and blocking can be utterly devastating, but for some reason people keep forgetting it exists and keep believing arc-dodging is everything 

Edited by ficklegreendice

When all people bother playing with is two-three ship lists thanks to our self-fulfilling prophecy of a meta, it's easy to forget that blocking is, you know, actually a thing.

It's something those people slating X-Wings, B-Wings, Kihraxz etc continuously overlook, because they lack the experience necessary to understand - flying at low PS has it's advantages.