Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

Can we just all agree that the PS8 TIE striker 'Duchess' is Archer?

WOO!

Duchess as Archer works no matter how it flies.

If it flies well and does awesome, it's Sterling Archer.

If it does poorly and fails completely, it's Jonathan Archer.

Scum aces incoming? A fixed starviper and scyck. That would even up the ships.

Also, can we not turn every thread into an x wing fix whinefest?

It's really annoying now. We have these two new ships, on the information we have do far they seem pretty cool and don't look particularly obnoxious. But rather than talk these guys up we have a glut of "screw the new cool, I want my x wing given ultra special treatment, Luke blew up a Deathstar with one, therefore they should be invincible!!!"

I'm so bored of the x wing -ve waves...man /Oddball.

Edited by Spider

I gotta say, I'm really glad the Striker is another cheap TIE with no shields.

I was getting tired of all the advanced shielded TIEs.  I still like those designs, but they're supposed to be the exception of the TIE line, not the rule.

Hoping the TIE Aggressor keeps it going!

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm a bit confused by the Uwing but the striker is something very interesting, especially if the title maneuver bump doesn't mean loss of action. I also think it will be more useful on low PS models even if it's nice on the ace because of pilot ability.

I'm sure this means the interceptor is officially dead. It doesn't title but you should be able to get 2 basics for less than Fel/Jax. Double the health double the guns, double the red, better blocker, less agility...oh... And sloops... For less...

At least the empire gets a nice cheap ship for the Palp/Wampa/OL combo... Not sure it will work but fun to try.

And... I can't believe I'm saying this... The avenger title for the interceptor can now do something useful without being an ugly ship in game!

Edited by Rakky Wistol

How would these invalidate Fel? His defense is his strength, not his poor 3 dice. The Interceptor will remain relevant as it has been ever since ATs.

Ya there is no way Fel or Carnor are going anywhere. I'm not sure that he realized the difference in agility.

I'm a bit confused by the Uwing but the striker is something very interesting, especially if the title maneuver bump doesn't mean loss of action. I also think it will be more useful on low PS models even if it's nice on the ace because of pilot ability.

I'm sure this means the interceptor is officially dead. It doesn't title but you should be able to get 2 basics for less than Fel/Jax. Double the health double the guns, double the red, better blocker, less agility...oh... And sloops... For less...

At least the empire gets a nice cheap ship for the Palp/Wampa/OL combo... Not sure it will work but fun to try.

And... I can't believe I'm saying this... The avenger title for the interceptor can now do something useful without being an ugly ship in game!

No way the striker kills the interceptor. Its an entirely different ship. You dont run interceptors cor their blocking ability or red turn-around maneuvers.you run them for the token stacking and arcdodging that makes them incredibly haed to kill. A 2 agility striker will melt rather quickly. Ask xwing or kihraxz (lol) players how long those ships last.

How would these invalidate Fel? His defense is his strength, not his poor 3 dice. The Interceptor will remain relevant as it has been ever since ATs.

Ya there is no way Fel or Carnor are going anywhere. I'm not sure that he realized the difference in agility.

He actually mentioned it in thenpost. Which makes it even worse

I like Jyn. It's another tool to add to the game I like to play. "How many points and combos can I add to make Biggs harder to kill, yet more inefficient". Super fun game

Biggs, R3 Astro, stealth

Kyle, Jan Ors, ABT

Kanan, Jyn, Rec spec, tactical jammer

99 points of sheer annoyance and inability to kill anything

Edited by piznit

I think FFG forgot something. There is no Sabine U-Wing pilot. They must have overlooked it in the article.

What, you didn't notice that ALL of the new Rebel ships have a crew slot for Sabine to sit in?

-Sabine's Masterpiece, with optional crew slot so that she can be a TIE Fighter with bombs if she's not the pilot.

-ARC-170: Crew slot, check. Extra munitions slot to bring two bombs, check.

-U-Wing: Ditto the above.

Never you worry. They're making sure she has a seat available on every ship from here on out.

The problem with comparing the U-Wing to the Lambda is the Lambda can equip the best crew card in the game. 

"So far"

You'll note that the U-Wing still has what appears to be 5 more crew cards that haven't been spoiled (and two of them not even unique).  Then Sabine's Masterpiece with another one, and Heroes of the Resistance with a couple more.

That's a lot more crew coming into the game for the Rebels - who knows how any of these will compare with ol' Palpy...

I'm sure this means the interceptor is officially dead. 

After seeing the white and red TIE Interceptors in TV promos for season 3 of SW Rebels, I'm thinking we might get an expansion with a new alt-paint model (and prob a useful Title) in the somewhat near future- who knows? But I'm sure FFG will revitalize the Interceptor if it needs to be brought back to life.

No way the striker kills the interceptor. Its an entirely different ship. You dont run interceptors cor their blocking ability or red turn-around maneuvers.you run them for the token stacking and arcdodging that makes them incredibly haed to kill. A 2 agility striker will melt rather quickly. Ask xwing or kihraxz (lol) players how long those ships last.

Quite a while, actually.  Usually 3-4 shots each, assuming modified three dice attacks and focus on defense.  Not exactly Soontir levels of survivability maybe, but then again, if every ship and pilot was Soontir Fel wouldn't the game be dull?

Of course, the Striker has less overall health than either, so it can get out-attritioned by X-Wings and Kihraxz...

The problem with comparing the U-Wing to the Lambda is the Lambda can equip the best crew card in the game. 

"So far"

You'll note that the U-Wing still has what appears to be 5 more crew cards that haven't been spoiled (and two of them not even unique).  Then Sabine's Masterpiece with another one, and Heroes of the Resistance with a couple more.

That's a lot more crew coming into the game for the Rebels - who knows how any of these will compare with ol' Palpy...

Yeah, there are six unspoiled upcoming Rebel crew.

But I highly doubt any will be remotely comparable to Palpatine. Hell, Zuckuss isn't comparable to Palpatine and he's absurdly good by crew standards. 

Edited by WingedSpider

The Striker will depend on what that TIE-only upgrade is in the pack. Right now, it's basically an Imperial version of the attack shuttle, only with hull instead of shields. How a ship with that hull profile could only have two agility is beyond me, but so far I'm not impressed.

I think it reads

"Lightweight Frame

When you are defending, when defense dice are rolled, roll one additional green die.

You cannot use your [?]"

Edited by RogueLeader42

When I first saw the u wing title I was really hoping that the opposite side read "increase your attack value by 1" a ship that could increase its agility or attack based on the situation would have been nice....alas, it wasn't meant to be. Probably too similar to expose

He actually mentioned it in thenpost. Which makes it even worse

I think with cheap striking manuverable options like this plus BMST and other anti-ace tech they are on the run...

I'm sure this means the interceptor is officially dead. 

After seeing the white and red TIE Interceptors in TV promos for season 3 of SW Rebels, I'm thinking we might get an expansion with a new alt-paint model (and prob a useful Title) in the somewhat near future- who knows? But I'm sure FFG will revitalize the Interceptor if it needs to be brought back to life.

Missed that...hope so.

The Striker will depend on what that TIE-only upgrade is in the pack. Right now, it's basically an Imperial version of the attack shuttle, only with hull instead of shields. How a ship with that hull profile could only have two agility is beyond me, but so far I'm not impressed.

I think it reads

"Lightweight Frame

When you are defending, when defense dice are rolled, roll one additional green die.

You cannot use your [?]"

Oh look...an interceptor with built in action economy "boost".  With more health...and sloops...for less...