Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

S-Foils are usually used when the ship is traveling. Every time an xwing jumped to hyperspace their wings would close and usually stay that way until theyre about to fight or come in for a land when they need to turn more.

I could totally see Xwings getting a closed s-foil title where you treat all forwards as green and may perform a free white 1fwd (to make up for no 5fwd on the dial) after doing a maneuver, but you cannot be assigned Turns, K-turns, or T-rolls(t70).

Really no idea wtf the point of them are on Bwings other than squeezing in tight spaces better. That thing is so slow...theres no way the sfoils actually help its speed lol

edit: Oooo... Bwings with s-foils closed ignore obstacles ala Dash pilot, but lose the barrelroll and cant be assigned turns. They lose nimbleness for being able to squeeze between rocks flying straight!

Edited by Vineheart01

Two ships for the other faction while I only get one... huh... so this is what the other non-scum players have felt during the past year?  Feels weird to have the tables turned on me :P

Well, SWX58 is still missing.

It's been generally expected that this was either the 'Rogue One' stuff (obviously* not) or a Scum 'huge' ship that would have another fighter in need of love in it.  (IE., Jabba's "Star Jewel" with a Scyk or something like that)

* It's still possible, of course, given the huge number of X-Wings and TIE Fighters we see in the trailer that we may well yet have another 'core set' that is just the bog-standard T-65 X-Wing and a pair of original TIE Fighters...just with new pilots for all of them.  I don't believe this is likely, as they would surely have announced it with the other Rogue One stuff today, but it's certainly possible.

If the hypothetical core contains some pilot name they cannot spoil yet - unlikely though. Still a new core with the newer damage deck, replacing and invalidating he old one would be a thing, but unlikely as well.

Two ships for the other faction while I only get one... huh... so this is what the other non-scum players have felt during the past year?  Feels weird to have the tables turned on me :P

It's been generally expected that this was either the 'Rogue One' stuff (obviously* not) or a Scum 'huge' ship that would have another fighter in need of love in it.  (IE., Jabba's "Star Jewel" with a Scyk or something like that)

* It's still possible, of course, given the huge number of X-Wings and TIE Fighters we see in the trailer that we may well yet have another 'core set' that is just the bog-standard T-65 X-Wing and a pair of original TIE Fighters...just with new pilots for all of them.  I don't believe this is likely, as they would surely have announced it with the other Rogue One stuff today, but it's certainly possible.

I saw it mentioned that FFG had said Wave 10 would even up all the factions so that they had an equal number of ships.  But now this pushes Rebel and Imperial ahead.  Which really points towards the missing SKU being Scum to keep things matched up.

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

Closed S-Foils

Treat all straight maneuvers as green

You may flip this card after maneuvering

Open S-Foils

Ship Gains an Evade/barrel roll action

Action: Flip This Card

Emphasis mine.

In the movies X-wings with closed S-foils are slower and less agile... but can land :/

I guess they can do "S-Foils (landing) for T-65, T-70, B-wing and the ARC, but IMO it's lame

In the games, closed S-foils made the ship faster/more agile (but disabled weapons).

in he shite rogue squadron games maybe. The actually good X-Wing/TIE Fighter series had S-Foils do FA when closed.

Well yes, in the space sims they don't help anything (just ran XWA to check out).

I saw it mentioned that FFG had said Wave 10 would even up all the factions so that they had an equal number of ships.  But now this pushes Rebel and Imperial ahead.  Which really points towards the missing SKU being Scum to keep things matched up.

That's basically exactly my thinking, as well.  Keeping all factions in sync at this point means SWX58 is Scum.

What Scum, though, and why not something previewed?

IMHO, best bet is still for a Scum 'Epic' ship.  As to why not previewed?  Either it's a plot point in Rogue One that hasn't been spoiled, yet, or a story element from Season 3 of Rebels that hasn't been spoiled, yet.

If the missing SKU was later in the numbers, then I'd say maybe another Rogue One ship... but since it's earlier, I'm thinking Scum something.

Even if it is scum epic, scum still will be one behind, noone counts epic ships or repaints when comparing fractions.

Well, keep in mind, every 'Epic' ship we've received to date (except for the one - CR90) has come with at least one additional 'small'-based ship.

Could be a new ship, not just a repaint...

Edited by xanderf

If Andor affected himself and took the new crew (assuming it does what it appears to do) he'd be able to ditch 2 stress per round regardless of the maneuver he performed.  He's also got an EPT slot and a System slot.

He'd be able to use Advanced Sensors to perform an action, do his red stop and 180., and then clear the stress every round.

If dengar has you in arc he can shoot you twice. He has an astro, illicit, crew, two torpedoes, an elite, and a white sloop. It's true that the sloop can be blocked while the 180 can't, but it's also true that the thing is nowhere near add dangerous as a normal dengar, nevermind dengaroo.

If the design philosophy is to implement op nonsense and never nerf it, then by God let's see some more shenanigans

I'm just beginning to understand how amazing "Duchess" in the Tie Striker is going to be.

PS10 with VI and 3-attack

She is going to fly like Sabine in the Phantom. Sabine in the phantom is already good, even at PS5.

Imperials yet again get another super-ace. And the starting build price is 24-points :o

I'm just beginning to understand how amazing "Duchess" in the Tie Striker is going to be.

She is going to fly like Sabine in the Phantom. Sabine in the phantom is already good, even at PS5.

Imperials yet again get another super-ace. And the starting build price is 24-points :o

that's also the end point because all you got left is a mod slot

that's also the end point because all you got left is a mod slot

Depends on how expensive the mod in the pack is then :P

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

They did it for the Uwing why would the X or B be any different.

They didn't do it with the ARC 170, which is new enough (post Dual Cards).

just don't expect to be too impressed by a PS 10 at 24 points when you're working with 4 hull, 2 agility and 1 action <_<

The 0-point title essentially is a reactionary unblockable extra action.

This thing is pure arc-dodger.

You might not even want to put the defensive mod that comes in this pack on Duchess. Yes, I understand it is a killable ship, but 24 points is cheaper than Biggs. "Duchess" even has the same offense as Soontir Fel.

The flippable card makes me think they might add an s-foils card for the old X-Wings to make them good again! One question: would s-foils (if they came out) work on z-95s too? In some of the old comics, z-95s have s-foils too... But I don't think they do in this game...