Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

swx62-pivot-wing-landing.pngswx62-pivot-wing-attack.png

What a weird way to turn around.

With the card having to flip after a maneuver to ready the 180 stop, this makes any maneuver a super telegraphed koiogran turn.

I had to read it twice but it does say may on it.

it was either 1agi base or have the cards flipflopped, which the wording wouldnt really have space for (reduce agi by 1 when in hover mode).

Theres no way something thats basically standing still is even remotely difficult to hit lol. This is a 2agi ship far as im concerned with a unique turn-around for -1agi.

edit: oh if that card didnt say May it would be DOA. Literally every single time you move, your wings would move and your ship's agi would fluctuate. Meaning getting it into combat with the 2agi profile would be a pain in the butt and you'd probably never have the 0speed turn around when you kinda need it (facing a wall)

Edited by Vineheart01

I really wana know what the criteria for base size is

Both the k and ARC seem comparable to the U

And while iggy is a tiny model, it's incredible Statline, action and upgrade bar merits a large base,weakness

The U seems neither large enough a model nor good enough a ship for a large base

I agree with all of this except the Aggressor.  (The Aggressor should simply have been costed differently ... maybe  Maybe 1 point higher, maybe not at all.  There are advantages to a big base, too, involving moving fast and gaining distance, both of which work well for the Aggressor.)

I'm not saying this is definitely true, but I feel like the small models on Large bases are to justify higher price tags.  Note that tiny models (e.g., the Scyk) don't get price-breaks.  The different price-points only ratchet upward.

I really wana know what the criteria for base size is

Both the k and ARC seem comparable to the U

And while iggy is a tiny model, it's incredible Statline, action and upgrade bar merits a large base,weakness

The U seems neither large enough a model nor good enough a ship for a large base

I agree with all of this except the Aggressor.  (The Aggressor should simply have been costed differently ... maybe  Maybe 1 point higher, maybe not at all.  There are advantages to a big base, too, involving moving fast and gaining distance, both of which work well for the Aggressor.)

I'm not saying this is definitely true, but I feel like the small models on Large bases are to justify higher price tags.  Note that tiny models (e.g., the Scyk) don't get price-breaks.  The different price-points only ratchet upward.

I get the impression from the trailer that the inside of the U-Wing must be very TARDIS like. There are shots that seem to be from the inside of the U-Wing that would make that cockpit probably 6 or 7 feet wide. That would make the ship around 20 feet wide (without the wings). That seems much larger than what should be on a small base (and smaller than what the model appears to be). 

It's entirely possible that everything that I'm assuming is the inside of a U-Wing is actually the inside of one of the Imperial Shuttles that are shown in the trailer.

Edited by WWHSD

swx62-pivot-wing-landing.pngswx62-pivot-wing-attack.png

What a weird way to turn around.

With the card having to flip after a maneuver to ready the 180 stop, this makes any maneuver a super telegraphed koiogran turn.

Since having agility boosted is really only useful after maneuvering, the way to use this card would be to start with it on the Landing side, and only flip it if you're expecting to go into combat. Once you're out of combat range, flip it back. That way you really aren't telegraphing it at all. You're just gaining an agility when you need it most at the cost of a maneuver you likely don't want to do if you're in combat range anyway.

Note: you don't have to rotate the ship in order to flip the card. The ability to do the rotation is paragraph separated from the text on when you may flip the card.

For added fun, you can get the benefits of both sides in a single turn. Do a full-stop 180, flip the card, and then immediately your agility is increased by 1.

I'm not seeing how the article says it replaces your maneuver.  It says "Also, you execute this free Speed "1" maneuver before revealing and executing the maneuver locked into your dial."

Nothing about that says it replaces your locked in maneuver.

The original version of the article mentioned it replacing your chosen maneuver.  They updated it to the version showing now.

For added fun, you can get the benefits of both sides in a single turn. Do a full-stop 180, flip the card, and then immediately your agility is increased by 1.

It's got a System slot, right?  So if it has an Elite, and you have some way to get rid of (or not take) stress, you could do it twice: AdvS Daredevil, flip, Rotate, flip.

Awesome ships and cards!!!

What about a YT-2400 fringer with Cassian Andor and Black Market Slicer Tools (with or without Anti-Pursuit Lasers). Best blocking ship available

Wait, how do we get Slicer Tools there?

They're in the Snuggling Compartments.

Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho yeah!  Time for snuggles!

Awesome ships and cards!!!

What about a YT-2400 fringer with Cassian Andor and Black Market Slicer Tools (with or without Anti-Pursuit Lasers). Best blocking ship available

Wait, how do we get Slicer Tools there?

They're in the Snuggling Compartments.

Oh Yeah! Forgot about that one.

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

Closed S-Foils

Treat all straight maneuvers as green

You may flip this card after maneuvering

Open S-Foils

Ship Gains an Evade/barrel roll action

Action: Flip This Card

Emphasis mine.

In the movies X-wings with closed S-foils are slower and less agile... but can land :/

I guess they can do "S-Foils (landing) for T-65, T-70, B-wing and the ARC, but IMO it's lame

In the games, closed S-foils made the ship faster/more agile (but disabled weapons).

If someone can point to anything in the movies that closing an X-Wings S-Foils would bring to the game other than "closed means you're travelling, open means you're fighting," I'm all ears.

Closed S-Foils

Treat all straight maneuvers as green

You may flip this card after maneuvering

Open S-Foils

Ship Gains an Evade/barrel roll action

Action: Flip This Card

Emphasis mine.

In the movies X-wings with closed S-foils are slower and less agile... but can land :/

I guess they can do "S-Foils (landing) for T-65, T-70, B-wing and the ARC, but IMO it's lame

In the games, closed S-foils made the ship faster/more agile (but disabled weapons).

in he shite rogue squadron games maybe. The actually good X-Wing/TIE Fighter series had S-Foils do FA when closed.

Two ships for the other faction while I only get one... huh... so this is what the other non-scum players have felt during the past year?  Feels weird to have the tables turned on me :P

Well, SWX58 is still missing.

It's been generally expected that this was either the 'Rogue One' stuff (obviously* not) or a Scum 'huge' ship that would have another fighter in need of love in it.  (IE., Jabba's "Star Jewel" with a Scyk or something like that)

* It's still possible, of course, given the huge number of X-Wings and TIE Fighters we see in the trailer that we may well yet have another 'core set' that is just the bog-standard T-65 X-Wing and a pair of original TIE Fighters...just with new pilots for all of them.  I don't believe this is likely, as they would surely have announced it with the other Rogue One stuff today, but it's certainly possible.