Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Go Rogue - New Article Announcement

Interestingly, with Adaptive Ailerons, the text of the article (and one of the pictures) seems to imply that the white 1-straight or bank manoeuvre replaces whatever is on your dial, yet the card text as written indicates that you do this free manoeuvre, then reveal and perform the manoeuvre on your dial as normal. Is this just one of the infamous FFG article mistakes, or is there a ruling here that I'm missing?

Also, the fact that both the U-Wing and the Upsilon-Class shuttle are on a large base really highlights the limitations of the small-base, large-base system. The U-Wing doesn't look much larger than a K-Wing, so why the large base?

Edited by Omnitron310

Initially I thought that the Adaptive Ailerons card meant you could execute two manuevers - do the 1-speed maneuver, then reveal the dial and do whatever's on that - but the article itself doesn't seem to go with that.

I'm laughing that the U-Wing gets toggle-able S-foils before the X-Wing does.

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

Yeah, the articles writer likely got it wrong again. 

I love the U-Wing so much!
Also Does Jyn's ability stack with recon specilist to allow up to six focus tokens?

Edit: nevermind I figured it out, sadly :(

Edited by Tailsgod

And confused about the adaptive ailerons. It reads like you get an extra 1 speed before your normal maneuver, but the article reads like it replaces your dial.

That's because closing S-Foils give X-wing literally no benefit.

Edited by eMeM

Yeah, I was confused by that also.  The card says nothing about executing a 1 speed "instead" of your maneuver.

And yeah, the dual card being for the hardly iconic U-Wing instead of the game's namesake ship is hilarious in a "I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing" kind of way.

The U-Wing looks like it's basically a Rebel version of the Lambda, and I'm stoked that they used the dual title mechanic for the wings.

The Striker will depend on what that TIE-only upgrade is in the pack. Right now, it's basically an Imperial version of the attack shuttle, only with hull instead of shields. How a ship with that hull profile could only have two agility is beyond me, but so far I'm not impressed.

Edited by PhantomFO

Initially I thought that the Adaptive Ailerons card meant you could execute two manuevers - do the 1-speed maneuver, then reveal the dial and do whatever's on that - but the article itself doesn't seem to go with that.

Yeah, it seems like a pre-move move, not your only move, I think the article is wrong.  Certainly the card reads that way.

We also know the reverse side of Pivot Wing, which is Landing: when you reveal a 0 stop you can flip 180.  0 k turn yeah.  And also, we know it has a 0 stop.  And also, first dual card that can be flipped after setup.

The striker... I dunno.  3/2/4/0 for 23 points even at PS8 sounds bloody terrible.

cassian andor is.... interesting.

Like, you're probably not going to proc it all that often, but when you do, well... It sure can be a way to outfly super pesky aces. 

Either way, you end up knowing what their dial says anyways. That's still incredibly valuable. For your other ships with reposition actions, you can still make things hell for that ship.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf