Sign in to follow this  
Whippoorwills

[Scum] Party buses

I recently acquired to party buses and am looking to build a list with those two and perhaps something else. I don’t have a lot of scum cards. I’ve got most of my collection in my signature.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a build?

I recently acquired to party buses and am looking to build a list with those two and perhaps something else. I don’t have a lot of scum cards. I’ve got most of my collection in my signature.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a build?

There are a lot of ideas with the new Wave 9 available to a few who got it during gen con.

However, I saw a very nasty list that I played against;

Zuckuss

VI+Mist Hunter/Tractor Beam+Gunner+Fire Control System

Kavil

Marksmanship+Autoblaster Turret+Unhinged Astromech

Talonbane (which can be replaced with another ship; maybe Manaroo)

The first two ships make a vicious combo, especially if you can get out of arc for Kavil at range 1

Couldn't engine

My buddy uses Bossk with 4-LOM, Merc co-pilot, and Dengar crew. It's pretty nasty. Problem with all YV-666 builds is if your opponent gets behind you it's over. So you really only get a few good rounds of fighting out of it...but they can be nasty rounds in your favour! 

Interesting, thanks :)

Couldn't Enigne Upgrade help a bit with its movement difficulties?

Trandoshan Slaver (29):

• K4 Security Droid (3)
  • 4-LOM (1)
  • Zuckuss (1)

Total: 34 pts

Trandoshan Slaver (29):

• Bossk (2)
  • Tactician (2)
  • Gunner (5)

Total: 38 pts

Drea Renthal (22):

• Ion Cannon Turret (5)
  • Unhinged Astromech (1)

Total: 28 pts

Drea's really just a filler here, to exploit the stressbus, as there isn't anything you own that could work at 28 pts.

First bus is a pure attacker, with your lack your Dengar crew filled by K4.

Second is the stressbus, pretty straight forward.

Here:

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Zuckuss (1)
4-LOM (1)

Total: 34

This is the standard party bus, except the standard bus uses Dengar in place of K4 Security Droid. Dengar is better, but since you don't have a Jumpmaster, the K4 will due in a pinch. It's called a party bus because when you jam 3 bounty hunters into a giant flying stapler, one can only assume that they're doing shots and chest bumping a lot while running down their quarry. 

If you're not too keen on the K4 Security Droid because of the low pilot skill and the restricted dial, you could probably replace it with Tactician and get decent results. Either way, Zuckuss and 4-L0M love to cruise together.

As for lists, I think K Genesis has the right idea. Normally I wouldn't be a huge fan of Drea with Ion, but since you're using two staplers, restricting enemy maneuvers for a turn might help you re-position and get arcs against opponents who were trying to get behind you.

This build ruins dreams. I'm pretty proud of it: 

Trandoshan Slaver

- Zuckuss

- Dengar

- Inertial Dampeners

Trandoshan Slaver

- Bossk 

- Gunner

- Inertial Dampeners

Binyare Pirate (x2)

- Feedback Array

----- 99 Points -----

Feel free to throw 4-LOM on either of those buses. I'd have to say use it on the Bossk+Gunner version. 

FettEx_01_zpsvvuyuykt.jpg

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

Guess I need to head down to my FLGS to get a jumpmaster then... been eyeing it for a while.

Lots of people went nuts and bought 2-3. I think that's a little overbaord, but it's absolutely worth owning 1 of them, for sure. It's a great ship and Dengar is one of the best crew Scum has access to. You'll end up using it in a ton of lists.

Guess I need to head down to my FLGS to get a jumpmaster then... been eyeing it for a while.

Lots of people went nuts and bought 2-3. I think that's a little overbaord, but it's absolutely worth owning 1 of them, for sure. It's a great ship and Dengar is one of the best crew Scum has access to. You'll end up using it in a ton of lists.

I'd say own two.

4 copies of Chips and Mindlink, which is huge (on Mind's case, necessary). But, also, the ability to run Dengaroo without resorting to third parties.

If you really want U-Boats, then ask a friend for a spare.

Yeah, I want rage aswell for trying a rage swarm sometime in the future :)

Zuckuss

VI+Mist Hunter/Tractor Beam+Gunner+Fire Control System

Kavil

Marksmanship+Autoblaster Turret+Unhinged Astromech

So what's this combo i'm missing? Autoblaster and marksmanship?

Trandoshan Slaver

- Zuckuss

- Dengar

- Inertial Dampeners

Trandoshan Slaver

- Bossk 

- Gunner

- Inertial Dampeners

Binyare Pirate (x2)

- Feedback Array

Ok, dumb question time......why would you put Inertial Dampeners on a ship that already has a "0" movement spot on the dial? Granted, it is a white maneuver, but you still have to take a stress. I love the YV-666, it's the first scum ship I bought, so I am always looking for new things to do with it! Thanks!

Trandoshan Slaver

- Zuckuss

- Dengar

- Inertial Dampeners

Trandoshan Slaver

- Bossk 

- Gunner

- Inertial Dampeners

Binyare Pirate (x2)

- Feedback Array

Ok, dumb question time......why would you put Inertial Dampeners on a ship that already has a "0" movement spot on the dial? Granted, it is a white maneuver, but you still have to take a stress. I love the YV-666, it's the first scum ship I bought, so I am always looking for new things to do with it! Thanks!

Fair question. The answer is both of these ships stress themselves and still want to stop to ensure shots (or maybe bumps). Inertial Dampeners allows them both to stop once during the game regardless of their stress situation - and these stops can win you the game if used at the right time. 

The difference between sinking those 6-8 hits and bumping because you couldn't stop (due to stress) is huge. 

Trandoshan Slaver (29):

• Bossk (2)
  • Tactician (2)
  • Gunner (5)

Total: 38 pts

I really like this build. I played it with the same crew but with Latts pilot. Take TL as an action, let someone else use it to reduce agility. Your shot with latts will probably miss as unmodified, then gunner + bossk for a focus/TL and spend the TL to reduce agility.... have minor trouser accident if this happens at range 2.