Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

What is an SKU?

By the way I already expressed my opinion that FFG seems to be overstretching and hence they divert resources from Armada

From what I'm getting (from 4 separate distributors, and 2 sources inside FFG)...

Is, basically:

Asmodee took the whole supply chain, and turned it on its head.

There was a plan for FFG products leading into December.  That plan was ignored by Asmodee.

Asmodee is a Board Games Company, Asmodee Management - rightfully, in their own mind - focused on Board Game Product for Christmas.

Only so much could be prioritised given the new priority system.

And its not just Armada...   Even X-Wing is Flipping out by the fact that they've only gotten 2 Articles on their Wave 10...  Granted, that's 2 more Articles than we've got on Wave 5, but still....  If they are the Favoured Child, they're getting Whipped almost the same us as, and that is telling, isn't it...

Even from beside-the-scenes, and hearing muttered voices, and scuttlebutt at worlds is that not everything was Sunshine and Happiness with the Merger - and Honestly...  it was never going to be...  Mergers are not nice things, and they are never nice things...  Sometimes they're better-than-the-alternative things, but no-one likes a Merger while its happening...  And its ongoing...

I mean, that's all I've got on it...

I wish I could say I had a source inside Asmodee to give me further details, but I don't...  And as it is, I clarify all of my above statements as scuttlebutt, Rumour, and connected information points......  None of it can be sourced as "Journalistic Proof".

It is presented as a possible set of background information.

With that much info, you could write a BuzzFeed, HuffingtonPost, or Fox News article and claim it as journalism. 

"Asmodee doesn't want YOU to celebrate Christmas this year! They made sure their supply chains wouldn't deliver on time, because they want to kill FFG products! It's actually an insider retaliation funded by GW ever since the announcement the licence was not renewed!"

Insert 30 clickbait articles on how to look young, lose weight, and make $5000 from home EVERYDAY

With that much info, you could write a BuzzFeed, HuffingtonPost, or Fox News article and claim it as journalism. 

"Asmodee doesn't want YOU to celebrate Christmas this year! They made sure their supply chains wouldn't deliver on time, because they want to kill FFG products! It's actually an insider retaliation funded by GW ever since the announcement the licence was not renewed!"

Insert 30 clickbait articles on how to look young, lose weight, and make $5000 from home EVERYDAY

Please.

I may be an Evil Arsehole.

But I have Standards.

Typically, yes.  There should be 4 Articles for 4 Releases over 4 Weeks.  And that is to "Shipping Now'.  Which is 2 Weeks.

We've had 2 Solid weeks on the boat, and essenitally, if we don't get a Wave 5 Article tomorrow, or monday, then we're either cutting it awefully, awefully close to Christmas...  Or..  mising it.

It is plausable that we may get another "super-wave" of articles like they did with Wave 3/4, with the Pretense of the Competition (only this time, without the competition)...  But that would be unexpected and out of the blue...

Another possible factor is the FFG Regionals is scheduled for January 7th. I feel like maybe they'd want the new stuff in store by that time, if not for Christmas....Although having it here in time for Christmas would make it legal for their own Regionals...

Another possible factor is the FFG Regionals is scheduled for January 7th. I feel like maybe they'd want the new stuff in store by that time, if not for Christmas....Although having it here in time for Christmas would make it legal for their own Regionals...

As I have oft quoted (Because Calgary Regionals is the same day)...  The Cutoff day for Legality for That Regionals is Christmas Eve.

A Day before Christmas, and its Legal.

Christmas Day, and its not....  Essentially...

Now, that being said, I've been doped up on Sudafed for the past 48 hours and I can't even find my Socks, let alone the post where I did the math to Re-Verify it...

But I was pretty sure it was Christmas Day for that Legality bundle.

I assume you are talking about the regionals held at FFG? Because NC regionals is Dec 3...

I assume you are talking about the regionals held at FFG? Because NC regionals is Dec 3...

Yes sorry. FFG Center Regionals. 

As I have oft quoted (Because Calgary Regionals is the same day)...  The Cutoff day for Legality for That Regionals is Christmas Eve.

A Day before Christmas, and its Legal.

Christmas Day, and its not....  Essentially...

Now, that being said, I've been doped up on Sudafed for the past 48 hours and I can't even find my Socks, let alone the post where I did the math to Re-Verify it...

But I was pretty sure it was Christmas Day for that Legality bundle.

Wow I didn't even realize it'd be that close. Although, I'd be dumbfounded if they released something Christmas Eve, or day for that matter. That seems....silly. I'd at least expect and hope the week before. 

Re-going.

Its the 22nd.  That'st he Thursday

If its not Released by the 23rd of December (A Friday, when they calculate Releases on Thursdays- - and is consequently, the Day before Christmas Eve)...  Then the 11 days from Monday Proceeding the 7th (the 2nd) is over-run...  ANd it won't be Legal.

So yes, to fully Parse it out:

FFG Center Regionals:   Saturday, January 7th

We ergo, must reference the Policy, as regionals are a Premier Tier event:

Premier Tier tournaments: All product is legal in North America 11 days—typically the second Monday—after the product's official release. This allows players at these high-profile tournaments sufficient time to acquire and prepare with each new release.

Official product releases are typically announced each Thursday on the front page of our website and shown on the Upcoming products page. All multi-day or convention events in North America base product legality on the first day of the event or convention, whichever comes first. 

So, the Monday before the Regional is the 2nd of December...

Counting back 11 Days from that.....

GIVES US THURSDAY, THE 22ND OF DECEMBER   For our "Street Legal" Date...

...  This would (again, typically) mean that we must come "OFF THE BOAT" and be set to "SHIPPING NOW" on or Before....

THURSDAY THE 8TH OF DECEMBER.

Which, would mean, if we are going to have 4 Release Articles (1 per Week) leading up to the Actual Release.......

The First one's going to have to happen TODAY OR TOMORROW, or I've got Bad News for you...  They'll either not make that Deadline, or they'll pool all 4 at some point....   Or be offering less than 4...

THATi is how the article predictions come out, mathematically speaking.

Now, that being said, I'm being told by a Store in the UK that they're expecting stocks of Corellian Conflict NEXT WEEK....  

But my second-hand contact to the Canadian Distributor has been given no Information...

It is still "On the Boat" listed, and if its going to a Store, that would typically mean its "SHIPPING NOW" and hasn't been Updated, or is intending on being updated in the next 24-48 hours....  So Keep an Eye on that... (I offer no promises, only Rumour)...

Now, that being said, I'm being told by a Store in the UK that they're expecting stocks of Corellian Conflict NEXT WEEK....  

But my second-hand contact to the Canadian Distributor has been given no Information...

It is still "On the Boat" listed, and if its going to a Store, that would typically mean its "SHIPPING NOW" and hasn't been Updated, or is intending on being updated in the next 24-48 hours....  So Keep an Eye on that... (I offer no promises, only Rumour)...

Yeah FLGS still has preorder available date for conflict and Wave 5 set for November....I don't know how to feel lol. They also were accurate on their drop dates for Wave 3/4

I'm sure I'll be able to order it after release...   

I mean, there's going to be quite a few people who want painted Defenders...  Phantoms with Cloak Effects...  An actual Authentically coloured Ghost and Shadowcaster and somesuch...   

So I'm not worried per say...

Just Prioritising Christmas to get my Kiddo some Duplo.  :D

Stop offering to service us Dras. No means no.

You may say no, but I'm still putting my Toddler through School on it.

(The school is paid for by the Government, as he has a speech delay - but my Business has directly funded the Car Transport he takes there and back, 5 days a week, saving him from having to endure a 2 hour public transit trip each direction for his 3 hour classes....  So, to those who have been serviced.  Thank You :P )