Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

Hi gang. I am terrible at speculating but I do like to read what you all think.  When do you think a realistic date for an armada article will be?  I would think articles can still be completed even if most of their staff is working from home.  I am curious to see details on the clones wars expansions and if there will be upgrade cards included that will be useable for gcw.  

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Hi gang. I am terrible at speculating but I do like to read what you all think.  When do you think a realistic date for an armada article will be?  I would think articles can still be completed even if most of their staff is working from home.  I am curious to see details on the clones wars expansions and if there will be upgrade cards included that will be useable for gcw.  

No worries, I've predicted 5 of the last 2 articles. FFG + their Disney Overlords for Star Wars IP is wonky with their announcements. It works like no other Comms department I've worked with in the past. 

Edited by eliteone

On 5/18/2020 at 1:20 PM, ninclouse2000 said:

"In place of the in-person event, originally scheduled to be held July 30 – August 2, the convention’s organizers today announced plans for Gen Con Online, a free-to-attend virtual convention experience featuring livestreaming content, remote gaming, and other online programming. Additional details about Gen Con Online will be announced in the coming weeks via the company’s website and email newsletter."

I'd put my money on a Gencon announcement or reveal. We're close enough to July/August. Until then I'd expect the usual:

Soon™

I'm chomping at the bit to start my third faction (Separatists) and I've still yet to play with my second (Rebels). Needless to say, I'll have years of entertainment available to me when all is said and done. (And I'm still holding out hope -- perhaps naively -- for First Order and Resistance around 2022/23.)

On 5/28/2020 at 5:03 AM, Ginkapo said:

Hope died

Oh God no! Everyone stand back.

Get the defib.

Charged, Clear!

.... nothing. Starting chest compressions.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

No pulse.

Still nothing

Defib charged, Clear!

....!....!....!..

We got a pulse! 

Hope is still alive 😊

It's very important that we don't cause Hope any undue stress for a while, so try to be more positive.

PSA: Seriously everyone, take a CPR class, it can absolutely save a life. Chest compressions alone can make the difference before EMTs even arrive.

3 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

PSA: Seriously everyone, take a CPR class, it can absolutely save a life. Chest compressions alone can make the difference before EMTs even arrive.

Don't schools teach CPR classes any more? 🤨

I learned it in high school in Grade 11 or 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if public schools stopped teaching Mathematics in a few years. Then people wouldn't even be able to count the number of chest compressions and breaths. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Reavern said:

Don't schools teach CPR classes any more? 🤨

I learned it in high school in Grade 11 or 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if public schools stopped teaching Mathematics in a few years. Then people wouldn't even be able to count the number of chest compressions and breaths. 🤦‍♂️

I learned through first aid in scouting

1 hour ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Are you referring to the four cards officially and intentionally handed off to the Discord by FFG employees who were acting in their capacity as such?

No the expansion pack names

6 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Is this now officially the longest FFG have gone without acknowledging a leak?

Do you count that Game Trader magazine flyer about the SSD as a leak? The magazine came out in December 2018 with new info about the SSD and FFG wrote an article four months later covering the same material. 

Before Christmas.

In all seriousness, the four cards we saw are very interesting to me and I think about Clone Wars Armada at least once a week right now. I know a few people in my area will be getting into it at that point.

After they missed the May 4th window, originally I thought they might've been holding off for GenCon (online or otherwise), then once EA dropped the Squadrons teaser and announced gameplay footage Thursday - they (FFG) certainly couldn't (not allowed?)  announce CW this week. And, it's likely EA had originally planned the Squadrons teaser to drop weeks ago, pushed back their deadline and that's hampered FFG. 

The Mouse on High would certainly deem priority for the bigger $$$ maker. 

Do we expect to see N-1 Starfighters in the Republic squadron pack?

I know it wasn't part of the GAR, but it's such an iconic ship from the prequels, I can't imagine them not being present.

55 minutes ago, SithLrd88 said:

I know it wasn't part of the GAR, but it's such an iconic ship from the prequels, I can't imagine them not being present.

I'm going to guess Republic Squadron Pack 2. I think the N-1 fits in well with the idea of less common fighters that appeared in the Rebel & Imperial Ship pack 2. I agree it is too iconic to skip but I think FFG will want to use their first squadron pack to focus on the core fighters of the Republic fleet which will help to define its core a bit more clearly.

1 hour ago, SithLrd88 said:

I think a good place to get ideas for what's coming is to see what they have in X-Wing. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

ARC-170 Starfighter
Delta-7 Aethersprite
Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter
BTL-B Y-Wing
LAAT/i Gunship

Sith Infiltrator
Vulture-class Droid Fighter
Hyena-class Droid Bomber
Nantex-class Starfighter
HMP Droid Gunship

Of course there are other options, but based on that I think you'll see N-1's as squadrons at some point. If not necessarily in the initial pack, perhaps as a later expansion.

Guesses for Squadron Pack 1? If they model the new squadron packs after the originals (something they might not do), I would guess we'll see the following.

Republic:

1. ARC-170 (X-Wing proxy)
  2. Delta-7 (A-Wing proxy)
  3. Y-Wing (Y-Wing proxy; duh)
  4. LAAT Space Gunship (B-Wing proxy)

Separatists:

1. Vulture Droid (TIE Fighter proxy)
  2. Hyena Droid (TIE Bomber proxy)
  3. Tri-Fighter (TIE Interceptor proxy? I'm not sure the roles match up, but I can't imagine them not including this, since it's seen pretty prominently in Ep III.)
  4. HMP Gunship (TIE Advanced proxy)

I could be wrong though!